Pop up ads on main board

The pop ups are making the site unreadable. The page keeps crashing constantly.
[mention=5358]bitonti[/mention] don’t be a suck up.
what started out as a few ads, basically took over half the page, and now we’ve got these damned tv style ads?
NOTE the freaking page reloaded twice while i typed this! WTF
Tapatalk eliminates the ads .. but kills the like emoji ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2024 at 1:26 PM, Maxman said:

They were supposed to put this in for the guest group only. We want tiered incentives. Guests see less ads than registered members, the premium no ads group sees no ads. I just changed this so the new ad should only be appearing for guests.

So let me start there. Any guests that are reading this, please sign up for a FREE account. We want people posting, so if you login you will see less ads.

Now for this other stuff, if you think JetNation is simply a chat page, I will disagree strongly with that.  With over a million page views a month this stuff isn't cheap.  I dare anyone to show me another Jets site, or content creator, that cares less about making money than we have here. You can't do it. We are going on 20 years and the story is well documented, I said no to a 6-figure payout during one of the many acquisition calls we received.

So to answer the question, 100% ad revenue is needed to cover the costs. For years the site cost $600 per month to run and that # has seen a large increase in the last two years. We now have a dedicated server and cloud hosted forums.

The tldr version is the ad is gone, it was intended for guests only and was put up for everyone. So in the future, just let me know if something doesn't seem right. We have a pretty long track record of caring about the user experience.  :)

I for one am NOT really complaining about the ads... I don't know what Shein is, but I approve of it/them.. her?

Screenshot2024-04-15174411.png.bd64a69b9ff2e116898e7aab3bf58191.png

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Ads are really annoying and in your face recently @Maxman

IMG_3931.png

IMG_3930.png

IMG_3927.png

IMG_3928.png

The ones that cover the buttons on the bottom and can't be closed are the worst. This is on mobile devices. Most of them you can "x" out of to reveal the 4 icons on the bottom (forums, unread, notifications, more) but some are permanent and can't be closed. You then have to scroll back up to the top of the page to get to those options.

I have a call with the ad company scheduled in two weeks to review everything. Not sure what we can do though, hosting and the software costs are pretty expensive.

And with everything going on with me personally I'm not able to do as much as I used to. So I have been paying for some help here and there.

This is why we created the remove ads option. A few bucks a month and there will be no ads at all.

I think that is an option worth considering the link is in the menu. Thanks.