Thoughts on Lamar today?

14 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Thought he got totally frustrated and started playing hero ball. Can't have a meltdown like that.

I think this hit the nail on the head.

Lamar and the Ravens did not expect the Chiefs to come out and have a street fight game. The Ravens got punched in the mouth on the first drive and that set the tone.

I agree that Lamar looked frustrated and was trying to get back to even on just one play the entire second half.

Hats of the Chiefs. They played an alley fight type of game and won.

• Upvote 2

Worrying comment from Lamar about the Chiefs being blitz heavy ... "That's different. We wasn't expecting that"

What a damning indictment on the coaching staff for not planning for that and not responding to it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Sounds familiar

There were at least two plays that Lamar threw incomplete on which he could have taken off and run for big gains, flipped field position, and changed the momentum of their offense. 1 was definitely on third down, and the other might have been as well. Both drives resulted in punts. 

2018 MVP Lamar Jackson would have won yesterday's game. 2023 MVP Lamar Jackson lost yesterday's game. It's a shame that he's being coached out of his immense talent.

I read on NFL.com that the Ravens are now 0-24 since 2013 when trailing by 10+ at the half. Only team in that timespan to have never come from behind to win.

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

I think this hit the nail on the head.

Lamar and the Ravens did not expect the Chiefs to come out and have a street fight game. The Ravens got punched in the mouth on the first drive and that set the tone.

I agree that Lamar looked frustrated and was trying to get back to even on just one play the entire second half.

Hats of the Chiefs. They played an alley fight type of game and won.

If Zay Flowers didn't fumble it's certainly possible that game would've gone to OT (or the Ravens might've won in regulation).  Lamar did get frustrated in the end though.  That INT was awful.