Saleh not expected to attend scouting combine ***UPDATE- may be attending now****

Just now, bicketybam said:
23 minutes ago, Jetpain said:
Agree 100%.  And keep in mind this is a HUGE networking event for NFL personnel.  Coach Bobby is wasting a great opportunity to not only see the kids at the combine and speak with them face to face, but the networking that takes place later in the evening with other coaches at the JW bar or eating steaks at Prime 47 or even head exploding shrimp at St. Elmos.  Saleh could be using this opportunity to meet with other assistant coaches who may one day become an assistant for you somewhere, talking with people about potential free agents and getting info that he may not otherwise hear, building a stronger network.  And i do not care what other teams do.  When you are as bad as we are, you take every opportunity like this to improve.  Sitting in Florham Park for 3 days watching film instead??  Give me a effin break. 

Did he attend the past 3 years?

Excellent point.  Now tell me how the staff or team progressed over those same 3 years 

Every year I get told that the combine doesn’t matter one iota by the same people now telling me that Robert Saleh skipping the combine means that the 2024 for season is done for.
Amazing how well a conspiracy theory fueled agenda can move the goalposts.
It all about popularity and the upvotes
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Because of his losing record in bowl games and against OSU? 

weird how he didn’t win until the sign stealing. 

Jim Harbaugh is 44-19 as an NFL head coach. Went to the playoffs three out of four seasons. Went to the Super Bowl. Saleh is 17-33 as an NFL head coach. Two last place finishes in three seasons.

• Upvote 1

The dude’s coaching staff is made up entirely of otherwise unemployable dudes he met ten years ago while coaching the Seahawks. Maybe Robert could benefit from bringing in some new coaches with fresh ideas instead of hiring 15 different versions of his personal Jeff Weeks. 
Except Mack Brown! He was hired by Gase!
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Saleh can see all of this without going. 

Should prolly just text some questions using emojis so he won't have to cancel any outings with Joe B.

• Haha 1

Jim Harbaugh is 44-19 as an NFL head coach. Went to the playoffs three out of four seasons. Went to the Super Bowl. Saleh is 17-33 as an NFL head coach. Two last place finishes in three seasons.
Hey, the greatest coach on earth was finishing last his first year with that roster and Zach Wilson.

It's funny how people forget that Saleh was forced to start Wilson.

It's all about the upvotes and yucks. Lazy takes.

Hey, the greatest coach on earth was finishing last his first year with that roster and Zach Wilson.

It's funny how people forget that Saleh was forced to start Wilson.

It's all about the upvotes and yucks. Lazy takes.

Larz compared the resumes of Harbaugh and Saleh. There’s no question that Saleh’s program was sabotaged by Zach Wilson, but I think a stronger coach doesn’t let Zach Wilson sabotage his program for three years. 

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I believe you that Woody gives them “autonomy,” per se, but we have ample evidence that Woody is there, he is involved, and he wants to be included in those decisions, which I’m suggesting is problematic when it comes to hiring and managing that personnel. Were I Saleh, I would want to assert more control over my fate, particularly this offseason, instead of simply repeating the deeply unsuccessful things I’d done for the previous three years, because he’s going to be the first dude thrown directly under the bus if/when Rodgers sprains an ankle.

For sure; and that’s understandable.

I won’t pretend that I have any insight to how Woody acts behind closed doors when all rationality exits his brain from frustration, but all I have heard re: his behavior is that there is no one to blame other than the two with the big titles (Joe and Robert) for how things have gone so far, under their direction.

It’s definitely easy to feed into the “here comes Woody” stories, but the truth is that the guy is just a goofy powerful fan that just wants to win, and does a piss poor job when a microphone is thrown into his face.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What is more important than seeing the premier players in the country face to face who are eligible for the draft for a whole week? Especially when your colleague is coaching them? 

Wild the excuses we make for a lousy team. It’s pure laziness. 

you have your opinion and thats cool

I dont think anyone is making an excuse for the way the team has performed, I just think im pointing out the fact that no one actually knows anything and just makes wild assumptions based on their own feelings instead of facts.  Like i said its all good, i dont try to change peoples minds just add perspective.  If you arent into it, dont want it, wont believe it.. good on you my man

keep on keeping on dude. 

55 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
In other words Waahh!!!  "Poor me!!!"  Excuses!!! Excuses!!! Excuses!!!
Mike Tomlin and Kevin Stefanski attacked problems creatively while Saleh sat there compiling records of other HCs who lost their QB1 to build a case to W0ody why he should be retained. 
Saleh has a completely defeatist mentality and is the true definition of a titty-baby.

Look. Stop directing all your hate towards Saleh for your Golden Boy turning out to be a dumpster fire. Some of you guys are more transparent than glass.

Right!  It's not like Tomlin and Stefanski made the playoffs last year in a very similar situation to Saleh.  And it's not like there wasn't an article discussing how Saleh compiled records of HCs who lost their QB1.  All that is just misdirection on my part.  LOL!

The scapegoating of ZW is the thing that is more transparent than glass.  Even if ZW ends up being awful, Saleh still was looking for excuses rather than solutions.  He is a titty-baby.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m still completely done dipping my toes in the waters of posting information after the way my time in that thread ended, but I would like to add that Josina Anderson, who I can’t stand but is very connected, alluded to the same things I was told.

Yeah... don't let the crazies stop you from contributing information my man. Keep that sh*t coming. It makes this place way better

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

For sure; and that’s understandable.

I won’t pretend that I have any insight to how Woody acts behind closed doors when all rationality exits his brain from frustration, but all I have heard re: his behavior is that there is no one to blame other than the two with the big titles (Joe and Robert) for how things have gone so far, under their direction.

It’s definitely easy to feed into the “here comes Woody” stories, but the truth is that the guy is just a goofy powerful fan that just wants to win, and does a piss poor job when a microphone is thrown into his face.

Yeah, but a goofy fan that owns the team and is a well-documented, easily-manipulated helicopter owner is still highly problematic. 

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
20 minutes ago, Jetpain said:
Excellent point.  Now tell me how the staff or team progressed over those same 3 years 

Tell me where the fake outrage was the last 3 years.

I believe there were people commenting he should have been there then as well.  But to be fair, as his record continues to be horrible, wouldnt you think that you may try to change some things up and hope for a better outcome than what hes been getting? 

Right!  It's not like Tomlin and Stefanski made the playoffs last year in a very similar situation to Saleh.  And it's not like there wasn't an article discussing how Saleh compiled records of HCs who lost their QB1.  All that is just misdirection on my part.  LOL!
The scapegoating of ZW is the thing that is more transparent than glass.  Even if ZW ends up being awful, Saleh still was looking for excuses rather than solutions.  He is a titty-baby.
How do you scapegoat a guy that is objectively ******* awful? You think it was the OL? Every other Jet QB to play behind it wasn't sacked nearly as much. You want to blame the receivers? You can't catch what isn't thrown to you.

Just nut up and admit that even Andy Reid couldn't shine that turd.
If the Browns or Tomlin had Zach as their QB they wouldn't have made the playoffs either. Give up the ghost.
  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t think that Saleh is sitting around Florham Park staring at the walls, but it’d be good for him to get out in front of the org and be its leader, at least performatively, as opposed to hanging out in Jersey watching a bunch of assistants packing up their desks for better opportunities. The theme behind the two behind-the-scenes immolations (from Russini and Pauline) is that there is a massive leadership void that’s being exploited by Woody Johnson, and literally no one associated with the franchise even attempted to rebut those claims (except for whoever @Mogglez seems to chat with). Hell, Woody himself put on a show at NFL Honors that all but confirmed that reporting. The other theme in those reports was that both Douglas and Saleh are of the belief that handing over control of the franchise to the whims of Aaron Rodgers is going to fix all of their problems, which (imo) is only partially correct. If I have a bias, it’s that Saleh has looked like a weak fish and an emasculated assistant coach since about six weeks into his first training camp, and I was hopeful that he’d look to push back against that perception this offseason, but—though it’s obviously early—his plan looks to be to hide out until June and hope that Rodgers takes the reins from him so he can go back to hanging out in the DB room working on new variations of Cover Three. 

Well firstly, no one here will deny the fact that Saleh has done a poor job of having the team overall ready to play week in and week out and the results on the field fall solely on the HC as they do in all sports.  

That out of the way, the point I am trying to make is people are vilifying the actions of a coach saying because he is not attending the combine (when many high profiles, and winning, coaches are ALSO not attending) that he is lazy and being irresponsible in trying to better the team.  Truth is no one knows what he is doing at the facility, I assume mostly trying to fill coaching vacancies that are arising, trying to watch film on prospects, holding meetings about scheme and so forth.  

If you want to make the point that in your opinion from a media standpoint him being out in front of the camera doing these things will make you feel better about him, then yea sure I can't tell you how to feel. 

To me, it's a non-issue until I find out he is completely wasting the time at the facility and getting 0 done instead.  I have heard 0 about that and know from other people in the NFL about the work that goes on in the offseason, so I would assume (whether i am correct or incorrect in doing so) that he is participating in work like that.  

And you knock the jets variations of cover 3 (although thats such a simplistic way to look at it, no one plays a straight spot drop cover 3 anymore) theres a lot to be discussed on the unique disguises and uses of coverage that the jets use.  

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That's awesome you believe that. Have any proof?

I believe that there were people commenting that it was a smart move by him.

I guess Ill choose to look at the results. 

If we were a winning organization, i wouldnt care if he went.  But when we continue to be a losing organization and then keep repeating the same mistakes over and over ....

42 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m still completely done dipping my toes in the waters of posting information after the way my time in that thread ended, but I would like to add that Josina Anderson, who I can’t stand but is very connected, alluded to the same things I was told.

8 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Yeah... don't let the crazies stop you from contributing information my man. Keep that sh*t coming. It makes this place way better

Agreed.  Mogglez, just wanted to let you know that your info (whatever you choose to share) is appreciated.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How do you scapegoat a guy that is objectively ******* awful? You think it was the OL? Every other Jet QB to play behind it wasn't sacked nearly as much. You want to blame the receivers? You can't catch what isn't thrown to you.

Just nut up and admit that even Andy Reid couldn't shine that turd.
If the Browns or Tomlin had Zach as their QB they wouldn't have made the playoffs either. Give up the ghost.

How good were Kenny Pickett, Mason Rudolph, and Mitch Trubisky?

I guess Ill choose to look at the results. 
 If we were a winning organization, i wouldnt care if he went.  But when we continue to be a losing organization and then keep repeating the same mistakes over and over ....

But there were winning organizations didn't have their head coach go. So feel free to make the correlation that best fits your narrative.

59 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Every year I get told that the combine doesn’t matter one iota by the same people now telling me that Robert Saleh skipping the combine means that the 2024 for season is done for.

Amazing how well a conspiracy theory fueled agenda can move the goalposts.

or how the conversation shifted from the combine to the senior bowl when the tweet said highly respected coaches also weren't going.  It's all fun and games here man.  Let's talk something real like FOOTBALL instead of whether or not someone is going to watch someone run around.  

• Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Well firstly, no one here will deny the fact that Saleh has done a poor job of having the team overall ready to play week in and week out and the results on the field fall solely on the HC as they do in all sports.  

That out of the way, the point I am trying to make is people are vilifying the actions of a coach saying because he is not attending the combine (when many high profiles, and winning, coaches are ALSO not attending) that he is lazy and being irresponsible in trying to better the team.  Truth is no one knows what he is doing at the facility, I assume mostly trying to fill coaching vacancies that are arising, trying to watch film on prospects, holding meetings about scheme and so forth.  

If you want to make the point that in your opinion from a media standpoint him being out in front of the camera doing these things will make you feel better about him, then yea sure I can't tell you how to feel. 

To me, it's a non-issue until I find out he is completely wasting the time at the facility and getting 0 done instead.  I have heard 0 about that and know from other people in the NFL about the work that goes on in the offseason, so I would assume (whether i am correct or incorrect in doing so) that he is participating in work like that.  

And you knock the jets variations of cover 3 (although thats such a simplistic way to look at it, no one plays a straight spot drop cover 3 anymore) theres a lot to be discussed on the unique disguises and uses of coverage that the jets use.  

Just to clarify, I do not think that Saleh is lazy, and I’m sure that he’s doing what he can to sort out what what he feels were the team’s issues last season. My position is that there’s a distinct leadership void with this franchise that Saleh—and only Saleh—has to step up and fill, and I don’t think he’s capable to doing so. My grievance with him not doing things like the Senior Bowl or Combine is that he hasn’t earned the right to opt out of these things the way McVay and Shanahan, and even LaFleur have, and it signals—to me—that it’s unlikely he’s willing to make any necessary changes to field the type of team that can save his job. I’m not saying it’s a five-alarm fire or that it’s going to be *the* reason we lose in 2024. I’m just looking for signs that Saleh is going to grow into the type of leader this cursed franchise needs and his at least attempting to become more of a forward face for the org would be a welcome change. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

Larz compared the resumes of Harbaugh and Saleh. There’s no question that Saleh’s program was sabotaged by Zach Wilson, but I think a stronger coach doesn’t let Zach Wilson sabotage his program for three years. 
That's assuming that Harbaugh would have been the GM as well and you just can't assume that. You have to look at it like Harbaugh would have been under the same matching orders as Saleh.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That's assuming that Harbaugh would have been the GM as well and you just can't assume that. You have to look at it like Harbaugh would have been under the same matching orders as Saleh.

No one is telling Jim Harbaugh who his quarterback is.

• Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
24 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
How good were Kenny Pickett, Mason Rudolph, and Mitch Trubisky?

All appreciatively better than Zach Wilson.

I see.  So I'll turn your question back on you:

How many games does Saleh win with Kenny Pickett, Mason Rudolph, and Mitch Trubisky as his QB?

• Post of the Week 1

I see.  So I'll turn your question back on you:
How many games does Saleh win with Kenny Pickett, Mason Rudolph, and Mitch Trubisky as his QB?
Ok their respective teams? As many as they did with their coaches. With us? More than 7.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just to clarify, I do not think that Saleh is lazy, and I’m sure that he’s doing what he can to sort out what what he feels were the team’s issues last season. My position is that there’s a distinct leadership void with this franchise that Saleh—and only Saleh—has to step up and fill, and I don’t think he’s capable to doing so. My grievance with him not doing things like the Senior Bowl or Combine is that he hasn’t earned the right to opt out of these things the way McVay and Shanahan, and even LaFleur have, and it signals—to me—that it’s unlikely he’s willing to make any necessary changes to field the type of team that can save his job. I’m not saying it’s a five-alarm fire or that it’s going to be *the* reason we lose in 2024. I’m just looking for signs that Saleh is going to grow into the type of leader this cursed franchise needs and his at least attempting to become more of a forward face for the org would be a welcome change. 

fair enough. 

To me going to those events instead of doing other football related events that perhaps may be more valuable towards the success of the team moving forward does not move the needle to make me feel better about the prospects of this season being more or less successful.  

Like for instance.  Mike McDonald is not going to the combine, if the same principals hold true wouldn't it also be prudent for a new first time HC to be present and in the "leadership" position for the franchise and be out in front?  Wouldn't his absence signal to people with that viewpoint that he is a poor leader (an opinion that would fly in the face of all his players accounts of his leadership).  

I'm not saying you're wrong for your opinion or I'm right for mine.  What I'm saying is that even if Saleh was at these events there is still a distinct possibility that he fails just as hard as he may not being at them.  Also, in the wake of everything going on with the franchise because of the media storm, I would argue in my opinion that being in front of the camera is a detraction and distraction from the focus of getting the product on the field better.  Instead of concentrating on personnel and coaching decisions you have to verbally combat the mongrels in the media that want to just tear you apart for an article that many are calling filled with inconsistencies and over exaggerations (whatever you choose to believe in those matters).

My perspective after spending over a decade in coaching is that the less time in front of the camera and the more time in the office the better.  My mob doesn't get done being a forward face for my teams.  My job gets done in the quiet hours of the night and early hours of the morning when I'm grinding.  

End of the day, what I'm sure saleh is probably thinking (or at least what I would be thinking in his position)  is that there is nothing he can say or do to quiet the noise.  The results on the field are the only thing that are going to save him, so all of my attention, effort, energy, would be channeled into my work in making that better. To me, being at those events doesn't necessarily equate to that success. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 3

fair enough. 
To me going to those events instead of doing other football related events that perhaps may be more valuable towards the success of the team moving forward does not move the needle to make me feel better about the prospects of this season being more or less successful.  
Like for instance.  Mike McDonald is not going to the combine, if the same principals hold true wouldn't it also be prudent for a new first time HC to be present and in the "leadership" position for the franchise and be out in front?  Wouldn't his absence signal to people with that viewpoint that he is a poor leader (an opinion that would fly in the face of all his players accounts of his leadership).  
I'm not saying you're wrong for your opinion or I'm right for mine.  What I'm saying is that even if Saleh was at these events there is still a distinct possibility that he fails just as hard as he may not being at them.  Also, in the wake of everything going on with the franchise because of the media storm, I would argue in my opinion that being in front of the camera is a detraction and distraction from the focus of getting the product on the field better.  Instead of concentrating on personnel and coaching decisions you have to verbally combat the mongrels in the media that want to just tear you apart for an article that many are calling filled with inconsistencies and over exaggerations (whatever you choose to believe in those matters).
My perspective after spending over a decade in coaching is that the less time in front of the camera and the more time in the office the better.  My mob doesn't get done being a forward face for my teams.  My job gets done in the quiet hours of the night and early hours of the morning when I'm grinding.  
End of the day, what I'm sure saleh is probably thinking (or at least what I would be thinking in his position)  is that there is nothing he can say or do to quiet the noise.  The results on the field are the only thing that are going to save him, so all of my attention, effort, energy, would be channeled into my work in making that better. To me, being at those events doesn't necessarily equate to that success. 
We need something to bitch about. It's as simple as that.

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Admittedly, it's probably extremely difficult to work under Woody the buffoon.  I think Saleh (and JD, too, if I'm being honest) are a bit spineless though and care more about saving their jobs than doing the right thing.

Mangini was the last (only?) guy Woody hired who had the balls to stand up to him.  

Admittedly, it's probably extremely difficult to work under Woody the buffoon.  I think Saleh (and JD, too, if I'm being honest) are a bit spineless though and care more about saving their jobs than doing the right thing.
Mangini was the last (only?) guy Woody hired who had the balls to stand up to him.  
I can't blame Saleh for acquiescing to playing a busted Zach Wilson. He's a first time head coach and he really didn't have a choice. Whoever forced that sack of sh*t on him needs to be sent packing and if that turns out to Woody then we are truly screwed.