Chiefs Cut Marquez Valdes-Scantling

5 hours ago, section314 said:

Saw the WR from Michigan, forget name, mocked to them in1st on NFL Network last night.

Roman Wilson?  Isn't he kind of small and lacking production?  I think most have him mocked in the 3rd-4th range.  I think he will run faster than most thought and after the senior bowl I expect him to go higher, but I don't see him going in the first.  I was thinking he'd be value in the 3rd.  

Anybody have thoughts on Adonai Mitchell?  I know there are character and medical concerns with him, but I tend to love guys with a high TD to catch ratio.  Seems a better risk than Johnny Wilson to me and I never see him mentioned.  Seems like a bit of a body catcher and I don't believe he is 6'4" but whatever. 

On 2/29/2024 at 10:45 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Roman Wilson?  Isn't he kind of small and lacking production?  I think most have him mocked in the 3rd-4th range.  I think he will run faster than most thought and after the senior bowl I expect him to go higher, but I don't see him going in the first.  I was thinking he'd be value in the 3rd.  

Anybody have thoughts on Adonai Mitchell?  I know there are character and medical concerns with him, but I tend to love guys with a high TD to catch ratio.  Seems a better risk than Johnny Wilson to me and I never see him mentioned.  Seems like a bit of a body catcher and I don't believe he is 6'4" but whatever. 

I like both.  Wilson is a bigger faster version of Julian Edelman and yes he’s definitely a 3rd rd pick and Mitchell is a Ceedee Lamb clone

This wr draft class is sick

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Yeah but literally a blind child could pick any of these WRs in round 3 and we would be getting a good player.  But ofcourse JD and Woody Will figure out a way to screw it up

Totally agree. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

Yes it is. Need to get back into the 2 nd rd.

So, am I to assume that this is the reason that we don't hear much about Mitchell?  Because he would be an insane reach at 10, but there is no way that he will be there for our 3rd?  I think calling him a CeeDee Lamb clone is crazy far towards the ceiling, and @Paradis does not seem to like him, but I am a fan.  I guess that is because I was thinking he would go closer to the 4th than the 1st.  He and Wilson (Roman, not Johnny) are two of my favorites.  Of course they could pick both Wilsons since they seem to do things like that lately.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So, am I to assume that this is the reason that we don't hear much about Mitchell?  Because he would be an insane reach at 10, but there is no way that he will be there for our 3rd?  I think calling him a CeeDee Lamb clone is crazy far towards the ceiling, and @Paradis does not seem to like him, but I am a fan.  I guess that is because I was thinking he would go closer to the 4th than the 1st.  He and Wilson (Roman, not Johnny) are two of my favorites.  Of course they could pick both Wilsons since they seem to do things like that lately.

That’s possible. My hopeful scenario would be to be able to trade down to mid- late teens , early twenties,and get back into the 2 nd rd. Take  an OT with the trade down, Wr in 2nd. Like the guys you mentioned and would add Legett from SC to list. 

43 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

@Rich Thornburgh

He's gonna be bust (relative to cost). He's the Jalen Reagor of 2024..... I would be sick to my stomach if we took at him #10. He looked bad at the combine. He's bad got stat metrics across the board  (1.72 yards per route I believe? Against B12 in a featured role? That's historically bad)

He's not a nuanced route runner, i don't love his footwork, he doesn't play fast and most of his highlights are over the shoulder deep balls. or ins and outs on off man coverage.  That's a role player in the NFL. That's MVS.,.. Fool's gold from the perspective what he's billed as. 

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

@Rich Thornburgh

He's gonna be bust (relative to cost). He's the Jalen Reagor of 2024..... I would be sick to my stomach if we took at him #10. He looked bad at the combine. He's bad got stat metrics across the board  (1.72 yards per route I believe? Against B12 in a featured role? That's historically bad)

He's not a nuanced route runner, i don't love his footwork, he doesn't play fast and most of his highlights are over the shoulder deep balls. or ins and outs on off man coverage.  That's a role player in the NFL. That's MVS.,.. Fool's gold from the perspective what he's billed as. 

What's relative cost?  I agree 10 would be utter madness (but it wouldn't be if he were a CeeDee Lamb clone).  If he is there at 72, is that still likely a bad return on investment?  I assume even you would be on board at 107?

54 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

What's relative cost?  I agree 10 would be utter madness (but it wouldn't be if he were a CeeDee Lamb clone).  If he is there at 72, is that still likely a bad return on investment?  I assume even you would be on board at 107?

This is just my opinion, right. Some people like him a lot more than I... I would personally take a Pearsall/McCaffrey/Walker at 72 before Adonai. Even Johnny Wilson at 107. But to your point, eventually he'll meet the pick-value. I would say that's round 4 and he'll be most likely long gone by then. 

• Upvote 1