Calvin RIdley?

2 hours ago, Ghost420 said:

Ridley would be a perfect wr2, dude had 1016 yards 8tds last yr. He should be a top priority for the Jets. 

I think the jags resign him.  A more realistic target is marquis brown who is coming off a down year and won’t be staying in Arizona 

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Courtland Sutton is apparently on the trade block along with Jerry Jeudy. I’d rather move one of our 4s for Sutton at 12m a season and also sign Bourne/MVS for cheap instead of giving Ridley a 25mil/year deal

What about Jeudy for a less than a 4th ? 5th year option is expensive (13) but he should be ultra motivated. It's his huge contract year and had a reasonable season with Hackett. Has he been that bad ? Could he be #2 ?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, madrod19 said:

What about Jeudy for a less than a 4th ? 5th year option is expensive (13) but he should be ultra motivated. It's his huge contract year and had a reasonable season with Hackett. Has he been that bad ? Could he be #2 ?

I loved jeudy coming out of college.  He did have 972 yards year before last and is only 24.  He has never had a good qb and he would be getting Aaron Rodgers 

Something to keep an eye on - DEN is shopping Sutton and Jeudy - there's public speculation Z Wilson would be a fit going to Colorado in a deal. Sounds like it's a rock we're turning over, at least.  I personally would take Jeudy in a heartbeat, i think he'll get in line with Wilson and Rodgers... Sutton's never panned out to be more than a WR2/3 with propensity for big games once a month. 

Also, M Williams is looking likely to be released. Sounds like that news will break any time now. The Jets are monitoring.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Something to keep an eye on - DEN is shopping Sutton and Jeudy - there's public speculation Z Wilson would be a fit going to Colorado in a deal. Sounds like it's a rock we're turning over, at least.  I personally would take Jeudy in a heartbeat, i think he'll get in line with Wilson and Rodgers... Sutton's never panned out to be more than a WR2/3 with propensity for big games once a month. 

Also, M Williams is looking likely to be released. Sounds like that news will break any time now. The Jets are monitoring.

What a win to convert wilson into a viable wr.  I doubt that would be the whole deal though. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Good info - surprised you're interested in Jeudy. Do you think it's the Broncos fault for his failure to emerge?

Mike Williams is tough, I love when he plays, he's the X we don't have - but dude is always hurt. 

7 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Good info - surprised you're interested in Jeudy. Do you think it's the Broncos fault for his failure to emerge?

Mike Williams is tough, I love when he plays, he's the X we don't have - but dude is always hurt. 

I'm a unabashed Jeudy homer. Love the talent, very similar to Garrett. It's been his attitude/culture in Den that's held him back. I'd like to believe playing with an Alpha like Aaron and across from Garrett will bring out the best in him.

Love MW, but yea his injury history probably means he's a plan-B to Ridley

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

I'm a unabashed Jeudy homer. Love the talent, very similar to Garrett. It's been his attitude/culture in Den that's held him back. I'd like to believe playing with an Alpha like Aaron and across from Garrett will bring out the best in.

Jeudy isn’t as good as garrett, garrett is explosive and dangerous.  Jeudy is ok.

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I'm a unabashed Jeudy homer. Love the talent, very similar to Garrett. It's been his attitude/culture in Den that's held him back. I'd like to believe playing with an Alpha like Aaron and across from Garrett will bring out the best in him.

Appreciate the insight, brotha. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Jeudy isn’t as good as garrett, garrett is explosive and dangerous.  Jeudy is ok.

Jeudy isn’t as good as Garrett but if Garrett had a semi decent qb he would have put up Tyreek hill numbers last season.  Jeudy would be a very solid WR2 and Major upgrade over Lazard who stinks

Only reason I hesitate is this WR draft class is disgustingly sick.

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

only reason I hesitate is this WR draft class is disgustingly sick.

if it makes you feel any better, the Jets agree with you.  Not hot news, but the way things play out here over the next 6 weeks -- Oline and WR are going to be married to each other. Success in FA with one will teeter the other in the draft. Somewhat self-evident, but it's good to hear.

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I liked Jeudy coming out, but no way he's as good as Garrett Wilson. He's just not as explosive with the ball in his hands and doesn't quite have the same hops/body control. 

17 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I wouldn't fault anyone for not being a fan of Jeudy, but he's more than just "OK".... He can win outside, vs press and deep. Of the options available to us, he needs be considered.

trading for him, focusing on IOL and a OT in FA - then being to trade back in round 1, vs having to feel pressured to hit at #10 is an approach i'm all about. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I wouldn't fault anyone for not being a fan of Jeudy, but he's more than just "OK".... He can win outside, vs press and deep. Of the options available to us, he needs be considered.

trading for him, focusing on IOL and a OT in FA - then being to trade back in round 1, vs having to feel pressured to hit at #10 is an approach i'm all about. 

To me jeudy is slightly above a jag.  His measurables are ok, he’s not big, does not excel at anything.  He’s not a red zone guy.  He’s a move the chains guy.  He can play the position.  If the jets gave up a 4th for him that’s good.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, slimjasi said:

I liked Jeudy coming out, but no way he's as good as Garrett Wilson. He's just not as explosive with the ball in his hands and doesn't quite have the same hops/body control. 

i guess i have to clarify -- similar talent to Garrett isn't the same as saying "as good as". They're similar Talents at the position in what they offer, with one obviously being better.  But I would speculate with confidence the average opinion on Jeudy is skewed by DEN's ineffective passing game over the last 4 years

Now it's not an excuse, because ultimately it's Jeudy's responsibility to not be a big bitch and act like a petulant child... but this clip from an IND game isn't a one off... this was life with the Broncos

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

To me jeudy is slightly above a jag.  His measurables are ok, he’s not big, does not excel at anything.  He’s not a red zone guy.  He’s a move the chains guy.  He can play the position.  If the jets gave up a 4th for him that’s good.  

ok well then you're just wrong. Had you complained about effort and attitude, you got me. This is not accurate assessment of his skills. 

We'll leave it at that. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

ok well then you're just wrong. Had you complained about effort and attitude, you got me. This is not accurate assessment of his skills. 

We'll leave it at that. 

We can agree to disagree.  He’d definitely be wr2 on the jets but i think on some teams he’s wr3.  That’s slightly above a jag.  There’s lots of wrs coming into the league this year that make a guy like jeudy even more average.  

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm an unabashed Jeudy homer. Love the talent, very similar to Garrett. It's been his attitude/culture in Den that's held him back. I'd like to believe playing with an Alpha like Aaron and across from Garrett will bring out the best in him.

And Jeudy is only 6-1, so you know Paradis thinks highly of his abilities with this kind of endorsement.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And Jeudy is only 6-1, so you know Paradis thinks highly of his abilities with this kind of endorsement.

lol anything lower than 6’1 and there has to be god powers involved   

• Post of the Week 1