Interesting comment on Sirius Movin The Chains re: QBs

Jim Miller and Pat Kirwan were doing their 3rd mock draft yesterday (FWIW - had us taking Latham @ 10 with Bowers still on the board). In the 2nd round, Nix was the 6th QB taken and Kirwan made the comment (in his opinion - paraphrasing) "And that's the last QB whose name would be called before round 7".

Sounds like, in his opinion, this QB class falls off the cliff after the top 6. Guess he doesn't think highly of Pratt either.

QBs went 1-3. Picks 4-6 were the 3 WRs (no trades). Minn traded with Ten to 7 and took McCarthy. Denver traded up to 8 (with Atl) and took Pennix so 5 QBs and 3 WRs before pick 9. Bears went DE.

Miller made the pick for us and said that Latham could be moved inside to G for this year. They had Alt going next pick at 11 FWIW

• Sympathy 1

Latham can play RT, LT, G. He has a higher ceiling than Alt, but a much lower floor.

Given the choice --- I certainly draft Alt over Latham but Latham is going to be a good pro and probably will be at LT even if he has to play RT with a team for a year first.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Latham can play RT, LT, G. He has a higher ceiling than Alt, but a much lower floor.

Given the choice --- I certainly draft Alt over Latham but Latham is going to be a good pro and probably will be at LT even if he has to play RT with a team for a year first.

The big takeaway is that alt could slide to 10.  And i don’t know why denver would trade up for alt when there’s no real consensus on tackles.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The big takeaway is that alt could slide to 10.  And i don’t know why denver would trade up for alt when there’s no real consensus on tackles.

It's smoke screen season. Unless Alt posts a picture of himself with ISIS I can't imagine he falls to 10.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It's smoke screen season. Unless Alt posts a picture of himself with ISIS I can't imagine he falls to 10.

The thing is, most mocks have only 1 OT going in the top 9, so if Tenn does something different, or trades out, that may mean alt falls.  

I still don’t think there’s much separation between alt, fuaga and fautana, except fuaga is a RT.  Fashanu may need more seasoning, but there’s nothing wrong with that pick either.  And while i like bowers, i can’t see jd taking him at 10, so if the jets stay at 10 i think the pick is OL and good night.  

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Then he would become a Bills trade target.

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

The thing is, most mocks have only 1 OT going in the top 9, so if Tenn does something different, or trades out, that may mean alt falls.  

I still don’t think there’s much separation between alt, fuaga and fautana, except fuaga is a RT.  Fashanu may need more seasoning, but there’s nothing wrong with that pick either.  And while i like bowers, i can’t see jd taking him at 10, so if the jets stay at 10 i think the pick is OL and good night.  

Yeah I think it will really come down to Joe Douglas' board. I don't think the decision will quite be WR vs OT but rather are we looking at WR3/4 vs OT1/2? 

I'm souring on Bowers the more I think about it.

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah I think it will really come down to Joe Douglas' board. I don't think the decision will quite be WR vs OT but rather are we looking at WR3/4 vs OT1/2? 

I'm souring on Bowers the more I think about it.

I love him as a player but not at 10.  

The OT pick seems like such a layup, for all the crap douglas has taken about the OL.  Unless a top 3 wr falls and i doubt it, who else is the pick, if not bowers?  Has to be tackle.  

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

This is like Francesa saying it’s 50/50 Alt is available at 10. These guys have been out of the loop for over a decade. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

I love him as a player but not at 10.  

The OT pick seems like such a layup, for all the crap douglas has taken about the OL.  Unless a top 3 wr falls and i doubt it, who else is the pick, if not bowers?  Has to be tackle.  

I've been reading about the % of his targets were behind the LOS and had to be schemed open. That sh*t won't work in the pros where every defender will pounce on him after a 1-2 yard gain. He definitely can be Kittle....there's just a lot of risk and we don't have the coaches to realize that potential....in which case he become a developmental player year 1 waiting for a new coaching staff....which brings us back to take OT or WR.

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

I've been reading about the % of his targets were behind the LOS and had to be schemed open. That sh*t won't work in the pros where every defender will pounce on him after a 1-2 yard gain. He definitely can be Kittle....there's just a lot of risk and we don't have the coaches to realize that potential....in which case he become a developmental player year 1 waiting for a new coaching staff....which brings us back to take OT or WR.

He does seem sudden in his routes, but i just don’t see taking him at 10.  Also this seems like the year douglas may be moving around in round 1.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

He does seem sudden in his routes, but i just don’t see taking him at 10.  Also this seems like the year douglas may be moving around in round 1.  

Again. I think we need to draft offensive lineman. I don't think that means at 10 unless he us far and away BPA