The Great Pressure Rate Question

7 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Alt is not going to be there. So you mean one of the other three. 

So Latham, Fuaga, Fashanu or Fautanu. So you actually mean anyone from 2-5 

Let's say 2-3.  I don't expect more than 2 O tackles to be gone in the first 9, knowing that the top 3 will be QB's, another 3 will probably be wide receivers, Alt gone by #7, and possibly the top 2 defensive linemen gone by 9.   

So, at worst, I'm wrong and 2 of the top O tackles will be gone, instead of just one.  The question is: "Who do we have rated as the #2 and #3 tackle?"

Forget about #4 and #5, since they will not be part of the equation at the #10 spot.

1 minute ago, Alka said:

Let's say 2-3.  I don't expect more than 2 O tackles to be gone in the first 9, knowing that the top 3 will be QB's, another 3 will probably be wide receivers, Alt gone by #7, and possibly the top 2 defensive linemen gone by 9.   

So, at worst, I'm wrong and 2 of the top O tackles will be gone, instead of just one.  The question is: "Who do we have rated as the #2 and #3 tackle?"

Forget about #4 and #5, since they will not be part of the equation at the #10 spot.

There IS no consensus 2-3. That's the point.

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

There IS no consensus 2-3. That's the point.

Consensus from the media people and mock draft people, yes.  But there might be consensus from the Jets staff point of view, and their evaluations of who is the #2 or #3 tackle.  The Jets might have the #2 and #3 tackles rated way higher than the other ones, or perhaps they only like Alt and one other one.  We just don't know right now.  According to Leger Douzable, the Jets absolutely fell in love with a O tackle at the college game they were involved with coaching this past year, but I forgot who that was, unfortunately.

30 minutes ago, Alka said:

Consensus from the media people and mock draft people, yes.  But there might be consensus from the Jets staff point of view, and their evaluations of who is the #2 or #3 tackle.  The Jets might have the #2 and #3 tackles rated way higher than the other ones, or perhaps they only like Alt and one other one.  We just don't know right now.  According to Leger Douzable, the Jets absolutely fell in love with a O tackle at the college game they were involved with coaching this past year, but I forgot who that was, unfortunately.

I hear they like this kid Becton out of Louisville.

I think it was Fuaga, who projects as a right tackle if not a guard.

18 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

I hear they like this kid Becton out of Louisville.

I think it was Fuaga, who projects as a right tackle if not a guard.

I wanted Wirfs, but it's history.  Yes, I think they are in love with Fuaga.  If he can come in and play right tackle, and spell at guard if need be, then he will be the pick at #10.  If the Jets try to get cute and trade down 5 or 6 spots, my feeling is that Fuaga will be gone by then.  

Then your talking about Mims, Fashanu or Latham.

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

It really makes you wonder how Georgia was the best running team in the country while Bowers was there and never coming off the field.  Those poor Georgia RB's, probably felt like the were running 8  vs. 11 out there! 

Agreed that we should trade for Darnell Washington (6’7” 268 lbs). 

• Thumb Down 1

53 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Like people expected Brown to return to his 2021 level when he wasn't healthy and he couldn't even do that?

You do realize that Moses is 5 years younger than what Brown was right?

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d like to address the question. Pressures allowed percentage for a lineman is analogous to yards per route run for a receiver. How efficient are they at the specific job they’re assigned to perform? The difference being, of course, every pressure a lineman gives up has the chance to end the Jets season whereas every yard Bowers doesn’t get as a receiver is like eight less yards on a given drive. 

And this lineman that you want to draft will replace whom?

Moses, Alijiah, John..what do you have against biblical names?

• Haha 1