Your 2024 Jets draft prediction

Your Jets draft prediction  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Your Jets draft prediction

17 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Bill Walsh wanted Al Toon that year. Al Toon might’ve had a better career had it happened. Maybe even better than Jerry. Garrett Wilson is probably the first WR the Jets have had since Toon that could rival his body control. Dude was unreal. Altoonistic! 

27 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So Rome Odunze it is.

Make it happen Tanny!

If he’s giving the pick away again, I am down. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, slats said:

Bill Walsh wanted Al Toon that year. Al Toon might’ve had a better career had it happened. Maybe even better than Jerry. Garrett Wilson is probably the first WR the Jets have had since Toon that could rival his body control. Dude was unreal. Altoonistic! 

It's a real shame that he wasn't born in Altoona, PA.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jgb said:

I am smelling WR hard. Saw a mock with Colts jumping Jets to 9 and grab Bowers. In that scenario, Odunze might fall right into our lap.

I actually thought the colts might trade with the jets to get bowers.  Bowers makes so much sense for them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jamesr said:

Not trying to split hairs, but WR3 is a "semi-starter" in my opinion. Yes, they'll see the field more than say a 2nd TE, but they won't be in a 3 WR alignment on all plays, and it won't always be the same 3 WRs necessarily.

Trying to look at 2023 is a tricky exercise because on one hand we had GW (91.5% of the offensive snaps), and on the other hand we had an assortment of bodies making up the rest (WR2, WR3, WR4 etc). Makes it tough to gauge what "WR3" got due to the changing personnel.

If you look at Gipson, for example, he played 45% of the offensive snaps. But how many of those was he WR2, WR3, WR4?

The article I posted reckoned that if the guy we draft ends up as a "pure" WR3, they'd get at least 40% of the snaps (similar to Gipson last year), but there's a potential upside to get to more like a WR2 and have 70%+. 

A lot would depend on who that WR is - if we trade up and get MHJ / Odunze / Nabers then yes, I'd look for them to get closer to that 70% mark, but if it's a BTJ or another "second tier" guy it'd likely be closer to the 40% mark. The 40% mark is also where they reckon a backup OT would come in, given that with todays' New York Jets, OT3 is likely to start around 7 full games. ;-) 

Mike Williams has a ton of upside, but history has shown this team likes to ease players with injuries back into action. If we went WR, I don’t think Mike Williams is getting 80-90% of the wr2 snaps, at least not to begin the season. Factor in the injury history and the likelihood of him going down, I think there will be much more than 40% of snaps for a WR drafted at 10. As you mentioned, there should be a ton of snaps available if we got one of the big 3 WRers. Williams is on a 1 year deal not because of his skill set but because of his recent injury history.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

I feel Odunze reminds me of Tooooooon For what you mentioned. 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:22 PM, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Trading up. Feel it in my bones. They want a playmaker and won’t sit there and wait. 

I don’t think it will be an OL regardless. 

On 4/21/2024 at 6:52 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's funny because I feel the exact opposite.  I think JD will look to trade down and will take an OL with his first pick.  (Then a WR with his 2nd pick, whichever round it ends up being in.  I think there will be a trade up from the 3rd round pick, btw).

VinceCarterDunk.gif.413d6745f6bd246a6332a65f299b2bb3.gif