Your 2024 Jets draft prediction

Your Jets draft prediction  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Your Jets draft prediction

No WR at #10 choice? 

I’m torn on this one. Joe Douglas has had some success trading up, including twice in his signature draft. But also, I know he listens to the analytics which say trading back is the only way to go - especially for future picks. But he might be drafting for his job here, and feel the need to hit big. Fans of Brock Thorpe think he’d be that guy, but I think only one of the big WRs might be able to make that kind of an impact as a rookie. End of the day, it’s very hard for me to see the value conscious JD draft an H-back at #10. And trading up just to #8 could cost both fourth rounders - and that’s some Tannenbaum bull**** right there. 

So I’m gonna go with “other,” thinking he gets his WR at 10 (a tossup, imho). If the WR isn’t there, then I think he’ll have a couple conversations in place about moving back and adding picks like a proper nerd. If he can’t trade back, then OT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

I voted trade down mostly because a double dip of oline/WR would be more effective if they picked well before 72 and the oline class is deep enough 

the risk of course is a run on the OTs. Getting a guard at 15 or whatever ruins it 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, freestater said:

Bowers at 10. Not my favorite outcome but I'm already preparing my body. 

Alec Baldwin Whiskey GIF by Product Hunt

Truth 

The draft is not about who we want. It's about Aaron Rodgers and that dude wants his fellow nocal bro from Napa 

• Upvote 1

I want it to be a straight up Malik Nabors pick, like these 2 soda swilling dorks,  Brandon and Dillon, projected LOL...don't watch it, they're bad as they didn't even know Breece Halls name... say Bowers falls to 18 LOL ...  just fits my perfect draft wish!

• Sympathy 1

Three scenarios , in order of preference.

1). Odunze still there, take him.

2) one of top 4 QB’s still there as is Bowers and all but one OT. Teams will call to get in front of Minn and Denver. Calls will come for Bowers and OT, or possibly the top rated CB which should be there. Best shot to move down, if comp.is acceptable.

3) 1&2 not happening, take OT highest on your board.

I think best odds are #2, so I voted trade down.

Win scenario - top 3 wr - unlikely

Safe pick who helps for 10+ yrs - fuaga

the ‘i need instant kudos from the nfl community’ pick - bowers

Best for the jets long term - trade back

Verdict:  Fuaga.  If douglas can fix one major criticism it’s the OL and he can do this simply by taking one guy.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

And trading up just to #8 could cost both fourth rounders - and that’s some Tannenbaum bull**** right there. 

Or it could cost us #72.  We already don't have a 2nd rounder, and giving up our only 3rd rounder makes no sense to me. And I could see the Jets giving up next years 3rd round pick, but I would hate that, at least for me.  

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

That would seal our 2024 Talking Heads Offseason Championship for the 5th year running!!

Number One Win GIF by Your Happy Workplace

And i wonder if they would deliberately scheme to make sure he hits the ground running opening day.  Risky pick for jd though. 

39 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Win scenario - top 3 wr - unlikely

Safe pick who helps for 10+ yrs - fuaga

the ‘i need instant kudos from the nfl community’ pick - bowers

Best for the jets long term - trade back

Verdict:  Fuaga.  If douglas can fix one major criticism it’s the OL and he can do this simply by taking one guy.  

If any of the three WRs are there, that would be amazing.

But they may be able to get Fuaga with a trade back. 

My bold prediction is that Atlanta takes Byron Murphy instead of an edge at 8.  The Jets trade with the Saints, so the Saints can pick up the 2nd edge (Chicago takes Turner at 9) before the Broncos at 12.  Jets take Fuaga at 14, while also picking up the Saints 2nd rounder and sending back a fourth round pick.

• Sympathy 2