Jets trade up possibility….

This may have been mentioned previously but it hit me today that the jets traded a 2026 (potential) 2nd for Reddick. Has to be because trading up is at least on the table? Seems like an obvious connection of the dots….now that it’s become obvious to me lol

Douglas was happy to trade a 2026 pick so as not to effect his next two drafts. Rosen was happy to put it off because even though the accepted value of a 2026 third rounder is the equivalent of a fifth rounder today, he’s still gonna get to have an extra third round pick down the road. It’s a win-win for two friends. 

18 minutes ago, hawk said:

Why because it wasn't a 2025?  If the value of the player in trade was a 2026 anything, it doesn't mean anything in regards to a trade up in 2024.

Correct. A second next year is their only asset (outside 1st) that would get them to say 7

24 minutes ago, slats said:

Douglas was happy to trade a 2026 pick so as not to effect his next two drafts. Rosen was happy to put it off because even though the accepted value of a 2026 third rounder is the equivalent of a fifth rounder today, he’s still gonna get to have an extra third round pick down the road. It’s a win-win for two friends. 

6 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Correct. A second next year is their only asset (outside 1st) that would get them to say 7

If there was more demand than a 5th round 2025 or 2026 2nd the compensation would have been more.

Giving up a 2026 2nd had no bearing on a trade up this year.  IMO

35 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

This may have been mentioned previously but it hit me today that the jets traded a 2026 (potential) 2nd for Reddick. Has to be because trading up is at least on the table? Seems like an obvious connection of the dots….now that it’s become obvious to me lol

I do think that the 2025 picks are on the table for the right player

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I do think that the 2025 picks are on the table for the right player

JMO - Woody will need to approve any '25 1st or 2nd round picks being dealt.  IF a regime change has to be made he might want to make sure the new GM has 1st / 2nd round picks next yr. Especially since a regime change would mean '24 bottomed out and would be high picks. JMO

• Thumb Down 1

40 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

This means nothing. 

Due to the year difference or more you are going to pay through the face to trade up with picks that are not this year.

If we trade up this year, next years #1 is going to be the cost.

Also, at this time of year as some of us have said those idiotic moral wins against crap teams in a lost season hurt a team bad.

We lose to the pats and we are getting a top notch guy without trading up and they are not sitting there smiling like the grinch at #3 overall

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Due to the year difference or more you are going to pay through the face to trade up with picks that are not this year.

If we trade up this year, next years #1 is going to be the cost.

Also, at this time of year as some of us have said those idiotic moral wins against crap teams in a lost season hurt a team bad.

We lose to the pats and we are getting a top notch guy without trading up and they are not sitting there smiling like the grinch at #3 overall

yeah you lost me at rooting for loses. when the year ended most people were complaining that we missed out on Alt and Olu...well u can have Olu at 10.

22 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

yeah you lost me at rooting for loses. when the year ended most people were complaining that we missed out on Alt and Olu...well u can have Olu at 10.

We miss out on alt for sure, we miss out on the top wr we miss out on trading down for a haul.  We always win meaningless games and miss out.

How often do we lose the last game in a good season ala the fitz year?  Very rarely.

Most often we are out of the playoffs dead in the water, no hope and win games that merely screw us in the draft but year after year people blather on about how important those late season wins are, they aren't at all.

We lose one more game and we are legit in the nabers mhj or alt range without having to talk about 'trading up.  As it stands we are going to get a guy like fuaga at 10 and watch  the true impact players go before us.

Keep enjoying those wins to get us to 7-10 year after year.