The whole "franchise qb" thing is a myth

Fred Jetstone

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem was Bollinger's total lack of execution.

The guy sucks.

Face the facts.

This could be the one topic 98 per cent of Jet fans agree with PatsFantx. Miracles can happen

Jetstone Bollinger is a backup QB nothing more

The problem was Bollinger's total lack of execution.

The guy sucks.

Face the facts.

This could be the one topic 98 per cent of Jet fans agree with PatsFantx. Miracles can happen

But he is a WAY ABOVE AVERAGE third string QB.

Of course, that puts him in the "Ray Lucus" category. :)

EDIT: That is really not fair to Ray.

BZ

But he is a WAY ABOVE AVERAGE third string QB.

Of course, that puts him in the "Ray Lucus" category. :)

EDIT: That is really not fair to Ray.

BZ

why is it not surprising that the biggest (only) bollinger fan in the world doesn't believe in the concept of franchise Qb's?

Because without franchise QBs in the world, Bolliger's chance of playing in a game would greatly increase from its current position, which is:

1) Injured #1 QB

2) Injured #2 QB

3) Injured 41 year old Free Agent off the couch and thrust into starting role in 2 weeks QB

4) Snowing in Hell

5) Bollinger plays

why is it not surprising that the biggest (only) bollinger fan in the world doesn't believe in the concept of franchise Qb's?

Because without franchise QBs in the world, Bolliger's chance of playing in a game would greatly increase from its current position, which is:

1) Injured #1 QB

2) Injured #2 QB

3) Injured 41 year old Free Agent off the couch and thrust into starting role in 2 weeks QB

4) Snowing in Hell

5) Bollinger plays

You're born into this world. You're dealt a hand of cards. The chips will far as they may.

Fate, baby!

That's what I'm sayin' and that's what a lot of posters on this board fail to see.

If you're meant to be QB of the NYJ, that's exactly what will happen.

That's the path Bollinger is on. Instead of knocking your head against the wall, support him. If you really are Jets fans, that is.

You're born into this world. You're dealt a hand of cards. The chips will far as they may.

Fate, baby!

That's what I'm sayin' and that's what a lot of posters on this board fail to see.

If you're meant to be QB of the NYJ, that's exactly what will happen.

That's the path Bollinger is on. Instead of knocking your head against the wall, support him. If you really are Jets fans, that is.

At the end of the day, all Superbowl qb's are Trent Dilfers...all of 'em.

Without smart play-calling, a supporting cast, a dash of clock management and a pinch of D, watcha got?

If Tom Brady was drafted by the Browns, he'd be Tim Couch. If Tim Couch was drafted by the Pats, he'd have a couple 'o rings on his fingers.

Why do you think Elway refused to go to Baltimore? Did Dan Marino ever win a bowl? Did Peyton Manning ever win a bowl? If Joe Montana played for the Jets, how many 'Bowls would the Jets have won? If Ken O'Brien played for the 49ers.....ahhh, you get the picture.

As above, so below.

Dude ... I want some of what you're smokin'.

At the end of the day, all Superbowl qb's are Trent Dilfers...all of 'em.

Without smart play-calling, a supporting cast, a dash of clock management and a pinch of D, watcha got?

If Tom Brady was drafted by the Browns, he'd be Tim Couch. If Tim Couch was drafted by the Pats, he'd have a couple 'o rings on his fingers.

Why do you think Elway refused to go to Baltimore? Did Dan Marino ever win a bowl? Did Peyton Manning ever win a bowl? If Joe Montana played for the Jets, how many 'Bowls would the Jets have won? If Ken O'Brien played for the 49ers.....ahhh, you get the picture.

As above, so below.

Dude ... I want some of what you're smokin'.

Exactly my point. Essentially, there is no ability-difference between Brady and Bollinger. Give either one of 'em the right system, they succeed. Sell 'em down the river with bad play calling, they fail. It's a very simple concept actually, even for you.

Bro you must be related to Bollinger or know him personally. There is no other reason why you would make a comment as crazy as that. That's almost as dumb as Troll saying Bettis is the most overrated running back of all time.

Exactly my point. Essentially, there is no ability-difference between Brady and Bollinger. Give either one of 'em the right system, they succeed. Sell 'em down the river with bad play calling, they fail. It's a very simple concept actually, even for you.

Bro you must be related to Bollinger or know him personally. There is no other reason why you would make a comment as crazy as that. That's almost as dumb as Troll saying Bettis is the most overrated running back of all time.

Bettis IS one of the most over-rated rb's of all time. He has benefited from being behind the right o-line, in the right system, at the right time.

Given what he's been given, a 100 other guys could have done the same thing.

Bettis IS one of the most over-rated rb's of all time. He has benefited from being behind the right o-line, in the right system, at the right time.

Bettis is fifth on the NFL's all-time rushing list. Yeah, I'm sure Amos Zeroue and Verron Hayes could do just as much if not more. And Brooks Bollinger is just as good as Tom Brady.

It's time to put down that crack pipe.

Bettis is fifth on the NFL's all-time rushing list. Yeah, I'm sure Amos Zeroue and Verron Hayes could do just as much if not more. And Brooks Bollinger is just as good as Tom Brady.

It's time to put down that crack pipe.

I actually agree that Bettis is one of the more overrated players of all time, I guess there are a few of us out there after all.

Jetstone: You're on your own on the Bolly thing though.

I actually agree that Bettis is one of the more overrated players of all time, I guess there are a few of us out there after all.

Jetstone: You're on your own on the Bolly thing though.

There are differences between players, like there are differences between JN posters.

Some RB's can run a 4.4 while others clock in at 4.8. Some posters have real insight, while others are just emotionalized homers. We already know this.

What I'm saying is that the "situation" far outweighs the "ability".

Flip-flop o-lines and Blair Thomas gets the acclaim that Emmit Smith ended up getting. In the end, FATE rules the realm.

There are differences between players, like there are differences between JN posters.

Some RB's can run a 4.4 while others clock in at 4.8. Some posters have real insight, while others are just emotionalized homers. We already know this.

What I'm saying is that the "situation" far outweighs the "ability".

Flip-flop o-lines and Blair Thomas gets the acclaim that Emmit Smith ended up getting. In the end, FATE rules the realm.

1) Injured #1 QB

2) Injured #2 QB

4) Snowing in Hell

5) Bollinger plays

owned.jpg

Bravo Guns, bravo.

1) Injured #1 QB

2) Injured #2 QB

4) Snowing in Hell

5) Bollinger plays

owned.jpg

Bravo Guns, bravo.

Archived