Warren Sharp Ranks Jets O-Line 6

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Good one. Will give you that.    You must not be a met fan also .  If you were-  you understand why it doesn’t mean crap what it looks like on paper without actually seeing them do it on the field.  You can’t throw a bunch of big name offense lineman together, and expect that unit to play like a team who’s been playing together for years.  ( why it’s retarded to put jets oline in top ten) .    
also football is violent sport as you age you become more susceptible to  injury .   For example Donald Penn never missed a start . He hit 35 and suddenly he couldn’t stay healthy.    Why the Eagles , and the Steelers rather trade a player on the wrong side of thirty one year earlier than he’s done, than a year after he’s done. 

The Jets front office did the best job they could do trying to address the offense line this year . Yes there are risk , but what choice did they have.     The point is highly unlikely this Jet offense line is top 10.    They don’t need to be.      

Thanks so much, I was looking for your affirmation.

I am a Mets fan, my cynicism knows no bounds. It's probably why I enjoy cracking jokes, to hide the pain inside.

Morgan played with Tucker before, he also played with Simpson. Tucker played with Tippman and Morgan. So saying there is no familiarity is a bit disingenuous. As for Smith, he is a top 3 LT in football. I'll take my chances with this group, but that's me...Mr. Vegas.

efd909f0-4356-4ac0-80c8-1f0b54598351_tex

On 6/30/2024 at 10:46 AM, Doggin94it said:

Yes, after losing Becton for the year again, losing AVT to his first career injury, and Tomlinson playing in a manner completely unexpected for his prior performance, only one of which a reasonable observer would have built into the ranking prior to the year. You understand that post hoc ergo propter hoc is a fallacy, not praise, right? (I know, I know, I'm assuming a lot. But google is right over there, you can figure it out if you want to).

Anyway, your point was "Sharp? That guy's rankings are ridiculous, he always overrates the Jets" not "ok, yeah, pretty exciting that a respected football analyst thinks we have a great line coming into the preseason, but you've got to play the games. Remember how our line played out in 2022?" And the 2023 ranking spikes that one.

At least you got the "this is making one of us look like an idiot" part right 

lol you are now making me feel sorry for you.. 13th pre ranking, 30th finish, and you have to give a long sob story about why. You do realize some teams have capable backups , where if they lose a starter or 2, they still don’t go from top to very bottom ?  Teams have won superbowls with backups. Online , qb , etc. “ Capable “ backups . That is what a good gm does, invest in reserves. It took JD to look foolish for years to finally get that . Injuries will happen no matter what. You have to prepare for it. Not cry like a weak little child about why OL went from 13th to 30th. “ For once “ we have some backups on OL who can step in when an injury happens. Our top draft pick being 1 of them. We now have a backup qb who can play at a high level. We won 7 games with 1 of the worst backup qbs in NFL. 

• Haha 1