7 days 'til veterans report to training camp, 2 days until rookies report (Thursday 7/18).

4 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I started following the Tour De France about 10 years ago because it helped with that last 3 weeks before training camp started.

Baseball > NBA playoffs > Stanley Cup Finals > Tour de France > Training Camp

Now that I'm back in England we go to France every year around that time.  I have zero interest in the Tour de France but did accidentally wind up driving part of the route one year ahead of the cyclists getting there.  No idea who the cops thought I was or why they let me through the barricade but I was laughing my a** off driving back to our place with spectators lining both sides of the road just starting at us and wondering why there was a car on the route at that point.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I got hammered the last time I brought that up because it was "too early"

well we're a week out now.  i'm not worried about it, per se - but it should be done before he misses any time.

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

well we're a week out now.  i'm not worried about it, per se - but it should be done before he misses any time.

Actually rookies report on the 21st veterans report on the 23rd, so in Corely's case, we're actually only 4 days out.

I was fairly certain early on, that this wasn't something that was going to resolve itself so quickly.

When you have your entire draft class signed in short order and only one pick doesn't sign, that's a pretty good indication that there is an underlying issue going on, at least in my book.

The fact that it's 3rd round pick that's being stubborn, makes it somewhat ironic.

In this case, I think a big part of the issue is Jimmy Sexton, who is Corely's agent.

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to 7 days 'til veterans report to training camp, 5 days until rookies report.
3 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I got hammered the last time I brought that up because it was "too early"

I get hammered every time I think about the Jets too seriously.

Oh wait...you mean the other kind of hammered...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I get hammered every time I think about the Jets too seriously.

Oh wait...you mean the other kind of hammered...

I really try not to take this stuff so seriously anymore.

I would just once like to see the Jets have a normal off-season, without any drama.

I guess I've set the bar too high.

• ARodJetsFan changed the title to 7 days 'til veterans report to training camp, 2 days until rookies report (Thursday 7/18).