Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

19 minutes ago, jgb said:

So what? JD is naive for buying it.

Guy stood up at a podium and said it for all to hear.  Naivety had nothing to do with it.  At some point someone’s word, especially when voiced publicly like in this case should be trusted  

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Guy stood up at a podium and said it for all to hear.  Naivety had nothing to do with it.  At some point someone’s word, especially when voiced publicly like in this case should be trusted  

Running a business based on promises is naive. And this is why. Look what happened.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Running a business based on promises is naive. And this is why. Look what happened.

We have different standards to what ones word is worth.  Especially publicly.  
If he didn’t shoot his mouth off at a podium I’d agree.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We have different standards to what ones word is worth.  Especially publicly.  
If he didn’t shoot his mouth off at a podium I’d agree.  

I like your world better but I live in this one.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

100% correct.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Or just listen to his introductory press conference.

They ask him if he’s planning on being here one year or long term. His answer is “I’m open to anything/I’m gonna let Joe and my agents worry about that/I’m just gonna be here and give it my all.”

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They ask him if he’s planning on being here one year or long term. His answer is “I’m open to anything/I’m gonna let Joe and my agents worry about that/I’m just gonna be here and give it my all.”

Holy sh*t that’s the press conference you guys point to in defense of Joe Douglas? The dude gives the standard “I’ll leave that up to Joe and my agents” line and you jump on it like he swore a blood oath to be in camp? Also, complete clownshow by the beat writers. Cimini broaches the subject of the contract, Reddick dodges, and the next two questions are softball “How does your skill set match up with this Jets defense?” 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Holy sh*t that’s the press conference you guys point to in defense of Joe Douglas? The dude gives the standard “I’ll leave that up to Joe and my agents” line and you jump on it like he swore a blood oath to be in camp? Also, complete clownshow by the beat writers. Cimini broaches the subject of the contract, Reddick dodges, and the next two questions are softball “How does your skill set match up with this Jets defense?” 

Homers gonna homer

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Seems that Reddick was getting nowhere with Howie Roseman, so he whispered some sweet nothings to the Jets to get the trade done. I'd sure rather take my chances with Joe than Howie.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There are people on the take here.

I don't think it's a conspiracy. A large percentage of every team's fanbase just engages in magical thinking. These are the same guys who don't change their underwear for a week after their team wins.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

I don't think it's a conspiracy. A large percentage of every team's fanbase just engages in magical thinking. These are the same guys who don't change their underwear for a week after their team wins. You know, if they believe enough and downshout all naysayers, it may effect the outcomes of the games.

No, no. A select few are clearly on the take. No ones that big of a homer. 13 years no playoffs. You have to build an army at some point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

No, no. A select few are clearly on the take. No ones that big of a homer. 13 years no playoffs. You have to build an army at some point.

Okay, I'll play along. So the Jets are paying people to post obtusely optimistic drivel on JN.com?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Seems that Reddick was getting nowhere with Howie Roseman, so he whispered some sweet nothings to the Jets to get the trade done. I'd sure rather take my chances with Joe than Howie.

It sounds like the Eagles just dumped him and his contract demands on the Jets. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

It sounds like the Eagles just dumped him and his contract demands on the Jets. 

I'm back to my statement that JD got hornswaggled by somebody. Reddick, his agents, Howie.... maybe by all 3.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt39 said:

I’m with you brother 

It's just the same merry-go-round of posters who apply objective thought and those that reflexively not only defend every move this team makes but treat the former group like the enemy.

fail merry go round GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm back to my statement that JD got hornswaggled by somebody. Reddick, his agents, Howie.... maybe by all 3.

Three and a half possibilities

1. Reddick legitimately dropped the contract demands that he was so committed two a fee days prior to the trade that Howie Roseman was forced to move him and eat $20mm in dead cap.

2. Joe Douglas’ plan was to trade for Reddick, wait until he got into the building, then tell him to eat sh*t/you’re not getting a new deal.

3a.  Douglas and the agent had a wink-wink agreement that they’d juice the existing deal, the deal gets made, then Woody gets involved because of the new money and throws the brakes on because he thinks he can get Vrabel in the building next season and doesn’t want any more future Douglas baggage tied around their necks.

3b. Douglas and the agents had a wink-wink agreement in place to juice the deal a little bit, they waited for Douglas to commit to the trade, at which point they turned around and told Douglas they wanted the Danielle Hunter deal. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Three and a half possibilities

1. Reddick legitimately dropped the contract demands that he was so committed two a fee days prior to the trade that Howie Roseman was forced to move him and eat $20mm in dead cap.

2. Joe Douglas’ plan was to trade for Reddick, wait until he got into the building, then tell him to eat sh*t/you’re not getting a new deal.

3a.  Douglas and the agent had a wink-wink agreement that they’d juice the existing deal, the deal gets made, then Woody gets involved because of the new money and throws the brakes on because he thinks he can get Vrabel in the building next season and doesn’t want any more future Douglas baggage tied around their necks.

3b. Douglas and the agents had a wink-wink agreement in place to juice the deal a little bit, they waited for Douglas to commit to the trade, at which point they turned around and told Douglas they wanted the Danielle Hunter deal. 

My money is on 3b. It seems like a page out of the jgb negotiation playbook. Although, I don't generally negotiate against the same adversary multiple times. It's bad business for NFL agents to get a reputation for bad faith dealings.

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

My money is on 3b. It seems like a page out of the jgb negotiation playbook. Although, I don't generally negotiate against the same adversary multiple times. It's bad business for NFL agents to get a reputation for bad faith dealings.

3b still falls on Douglas because the agents were telegraphing  that move with a bullhorn and a light show. The Eagles ate $21 mil because they didn’t want to give Reddick a $5 mil bump? 

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

3b still falls on Douglas because the agents were telegraphing  that move with a bullhorn and a light show. The Eagles ate $21 mil because they didn’t want to give Reddick a $5 mil bump? 

Oh, I offer no absolution for JD. You don't trade for a guy in the middle of a bitter contract dispute unless you're willing to hash out an extension before the trade is done.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, jgb said:

You can be a homer defending the player all you want, that doesn't negate the fact that Reddick is a lying P.O.S.

4 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

You can be a homer defending the player all you want, that doesn't negate the fact that Reddick is a lying P.O.S.

That's an interesting application of the word "homer."

And it doesn't matter if Reddick lied, changed his mind, or mispoke. An NFL GM with a legion of lawyers at his disposal has gotta be smart enough than to run a 5 billion dollar sports team based on words.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

And it doesn't matter if Reddick lied, changed his mind

Maybe not in the world you live in, but in the real world, it absolutely does.

Integrity still counts for something, even if people like you think otherwise.

Hat Tip GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY