Seems like it's been a LONG time, since Joe Douglas has spoken to the NY media.

He's put together (on paper) the best team in 15 years, maybe ever. Missed miserably with Zach. It's time to win and make the playoffs. I think he's the best GM in my lifetime and I started watching this team with Richard Todd at QB 

He is bottom 3 during that timeframe imo

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Go ahead & quote where I said that, or anything vaguely resembling that.

I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth.

Speak for yourself & not for me - O.K.?

You’re arguing with the master of the strawman argument 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2024 at 2:54 PM, AFJF said:

I'll take the L on this one.  Looks like some GM's do speak more than Joe D.  If some fans would like to have him come out and offer up a few more canned answers per year then that's fair enough.

I guess it doesn't bother me because I'm happy with the talent he's acquired and I don't have much interest in hearing him talk about injuries that derailed what could have been a special season last year.

I think the fans would like to hear an update on the Reddick situation, considering they let his predecessor walk for nothing. He owes us that, no? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, shevys said:

I think the fans would like to hear an update on the Reddick situation, considering they let his predecessor walk for nothing. He owes us that, no? 

Really, no. It is a matter between employer and employee. Negotiating in the media is as sure of a way for one party to tick off the other.  

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, shevys said:

They let him walk? Holy hell. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, shevys said:

I  understand wanting to hear something, but what do you honestly think he's going to say?  They wanted the fans to know what happened and they used Connor Huges for that.  Neither Douglas nor Saleh are going to come out and say "Yeah, Haason lied to us".  And he's not going to breathe a word about the ongoing negotiations.  So he could speak, but he wouldn't really say anything other than how much they love Haason, they're confident he'll be in camp when the season starts and they're fired up about his eventual arrival.

• Upvote 2

Joe Douglas is one of the best, young GMs in the league.  Joe Douglas has put together a top 5 talent roster in the nfl.  Joe Douglas is on the cusp of a 13-4 season with a division crown.  Joe Douglas is about to get a huge contract extension.

Joe Douglas could care less about speaking to the peons.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1