Bears #1 Overall pick QB Caleb Williams.

7 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

As great as Mahomes is I still highly doubt he becomes what he is now with the Jets

None of us would be exactly the same if something was changed about our life’s journey but Mahomes would absolutely, without a doubt still be effing great. His greatness is of the type that quite simply couldn’t be stopped by any level of incompetence.

So while I understand the sentiment and it does make one feel a little better for passing on the greatest QB of the modern era for a bloody box safety… it’s just an emotional salve, friend.

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Huh? Those two guys are very different players.  Richardson is basically a Cam Newton clone. Penix is drop back.

Have to admit, I never really watched Penix, but I was under the impression that he was a "mobile" QB that liked to run a lot, from highlights of him that were shown during the draft.

Bears gm is a joke.  He passed on oline for Odunze.  He thought a combination of 2 guys who have no clue what they are doing in Eberdoof/Waldron could develop a young qb.

This is a guy who traded the #1 overall pick instead of staying and taking cj stroud.

He will get canned right after the season.

On 9/18/2024 at 2:19 AM, jgb said:

None of us would be exactly the same if something was changed about our life’s journey but Mahomes would absolutely, without a doubt still be effing great. His greatness is of the type that quite simply couldn’t be stopped by any level of incompetence.

So while I understand the sentiment and it does make one feel a little better for passing on the greatest QB of the modern era for a bloody box safety… it’s just an emotional salve, friend.

I don’t necessarily disagree but sub out Andy Reid with Todd Bowles and Adam Gase

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

I don’t necessarily disagree but sub out Andy Reid with Todd Bowles and Adam Gase

Never would’ve had a Gase era if Macc drafted Mahomes. Bowles would still be here. He’s done fine with Baker.

14 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Bears gm is a joke.  He passed on oline for Odunze.  He thought a combination of 2 guys who have no clue what they are doing in Eberdoof/Waldron could develop a young qb.

This is a guy who traded the #1 overall pick instead of staying and taking cj stroud.

He will get canned right after the season.

I was saying before the draft how I didn't believe the Bears would ignore their OL after seeing Fields running for his life for 3 years.

I thought we'd have a crack at Odunze if we wanted him

I was wrong 🤣

1 minute ago, Scott Dierking said:

This year's rookie first round qb class has zero touchdown passes to date. The NFL is hard, people. 

As well, scoring is down overall, again. I am guessing the league will shorten the playing field to 80 yards next year.

Caleb has a lot of arm talent, but CJ Stroud is far superior in terms of his innate ability as a pocket passer.

Stroud looks like a "generational" type talent at the QB position.

He came into the league ready to go.

Williams and these other guys like Daniels are gonna have to learn how to succeed from the pocket at least somewhat.

In the NFL it's hard to live and die on out-of-structure plays.

Mahomes' play from the pocket is underrated and overlooked because of what he is also able to do when things break down.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Caleb has a lot of arm talent, but CJ Stroud is far superior in terms of his innate ability as a pocket passer.

Williams and these other guys like Daniels are gonna have to learn how to succeed from the pocket at least somewhat.

Mahomes' play from the pocket is underrated and overlooked because of what he is also able to do when things break down.

JF is ahead as a passer than Caleb is at this point and more athletic.

Bears just moving backwards 

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Bears are botching Caleb by trying to make him a drop back passer.  That’s not what he was at USC and Oklahoma.  They need to utilize him as a running qb similar to what the ravens do with Lamar Jackson.

But then again the bears are a complete crapshow