For those that have faith…

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I mean, unless you think Breece Hall, as well as Garrett Wilson are going to suck all year long, the offensive line that protected our QB from a lethal pass rush for an entire game is going to fall off a cliff despite the resume of the players on that line, that the Mike Williams addition is going to mean absolutely nothing as he gets more snaps, and that Aaron Rodgers is only going to regress from a very good performance when he plays weaker teams then, yes, I believe that it’s very obvious.

*Rodgers did get sacked...at least twice.

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Usually, this time of year, the Mets have been long-since eliminated from the playoffs.  So at least we have that to tide us over (for those of us who lean that way).  This week will determine a lot for me.  I can stomach losing to SF even though it was such an ugly game on both sides of the ball, but TEN is a team we need to smack like Kris Jenkins rushing to the buffet table.

Honestly, seeing the Mets start slow and feeling like this was going to be a lost season only to see them get hot (its not over yet) at the right time for once is a welcome change and something I'd be great w/ for the Jets.  It's easy to forget but the Jets were 4-3 and 6-2 the last 2 seasons w/ the worst QB play in the league.  Knowing that fact it's kind of bizarre to me that so many fans are waving the white flag, like I get the week 1 overreactions, that happens ever year but people saying this is the worst HC/GM combo ever and having less faith then the Kotite years?  What?  Dont get it all, it's clear to me this could have been a very good regime w/ decent QB play and now we have the former GOAT.  Call me crazy but I still think this is going be a very good team and I'd love it if we start seeing the best of it later in the year.

31 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

My mistake

It’s all good my man; I get what you’re throwing down regardless.  I used to live and die every single week based on what the Jets did, as did my confidence in them as a unit.  The 2009 & 2010 Jets received some of the most insane vitriol I have ever thrown at anyone and those seasons were so fun, even though we didn’t go all the way.  Recent events in my life helped me prioritize how far that relationship with sports should be, but I get the “everything sucks” attitude when our team gets their sh*t pushed in.  That being said…it’s still week 1.  Let’s let this all marinate a little bit.

39 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

Love when he said that during his presser. My brother in Christ fix it during the game.

Exactly.  If it's not going to be a problem then why was it a problem in the first place in week 1?!

Until his team proves it on the field, he's all talk.  And so far in his coaching career, that's all he's been.  

• Upvote 1

The Jets are more like a bad girlfriend. Do I have faith we'll have a storybook ending? No. Is it even worth the pain? Probably not. Are the few (FEW) redeeming moments making up for the rest? Again, no.

All my teams are like a train wreck. Just can't help watching, no matter how disastrous and depressing. Sports are one of my biggest hobbies, so this just feels like a natural extension of that. I'm never gonna be a scratch golfer either, but I still love playing. Usually I will even watch the Jets, Mets and Rangers on bad years.

It's pathetic, but if the Jets could just win a playoff game and get the monkey off their back, I'd feel alright about this year. If it's a train wreck... Well I never liked Rodgers anyway lol

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bugg said:

Not crazy to think Rodgers can get the offense going to  the point it outscores the awfulness of Saleh's defense. Not gonna work in a playoff game in KC, but could net 11 wins.

I think the Jets can win it this year if other guys on offense step up, particularly M-Williams and Conklin, and the D stops being an absolute sieve. They aren't devoid of talent they just need to put it together. I put that solely on the players because I don't expect the coaching to move the needle. For all intensive purposes we just saw AR's first game as a Jet, and hopefully the offense will come together. If the D wasn't so pathetic that game wouldn't have been such a deflating moment.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, thebuzzardman said:

Luckily for CanadaSteve and other like minded individuals, the Jets usually let you know they suck early. If one is paying attention, you usually know by game 1 or 2. 

This year, it took one game. 

CanadaSteve now has lots of extra time for that yard work his significant other wants done. 

I usually give it five games.  Who knows?  Perhaps by the third quarter on Sunday, I will be making some plans for early November....and December.

• Upvote 1

imo it's all about attitude.  this jets team chirps too much for their own good.  show up on game day and prove it.  i think they can.  even last season it's not like they had real success against the run so i suspect they'll get it fixed.  they also only lost one player of significance of the dline (jfm) so there's little excuse for them being pushed around so much.  as for the offense, they should pass more on first downs.  if they continue to run and then have 3rd and long then they may as well pass on first down.  they'd probably still wind up with third and long.  they also need another deep threat besides wilson.  and they do need to give rodgers the luxury of not having to throw in 2.33 seconds.  that he can get the ball out is great.  but having to get the ball out fast is entirely different.

20 hours ago, Mogglez said:

It’s all good my man; I get what you’re throwing down regardless.  I used to live and die every single week based on what the Jets did, as did my confidence in them as a unit.  The 2009 & 2010 Jets received some of the most insane vitriol I have ever thrown at anyone and those seasons were so fun, even though we didn’t go all the way.  Recent events in my life helped me prioritize how far that relationship with sports should be, but I get the “everything sucks” attitude when our team gets their sh*t pushed in.  That being said…it’s still week 1.  Let’s let this all marinate a little bit.

What Mogglez said:  Let's let the sh*t marinate!

• Sympathy 1