Garrett Wilson

TuscanyTile2

3 hours ago, JiFtheOracle said:

Bowers is an immediate star, already the best passing catching TE in the league and a future HOF.

The Corley and Bowers questions are separate.

Corley was never a consideration in round 1.

He was a manufactured touch guy in college, so he basically needs to learn the entire route tree.

If Olu is a franchise LT, and the Jets obviously think he can be, I still think you take him over Bowers.

And IDK about declaring a rookie TE a “already the best” in the league and a future HOF’er after 2 games 😂🤷‍♂️

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Corley and Bowers questions are separate.

Corley was never a consideration in round 1.

He was a manufactured touch guy in college, so he basically needs to learn the entire route tree.

If Olu is a franchise LT, and the Jets obviously think he can be, I still think you take him over Bowers.

And IDK about declaring a rookie TE a “already the best” in the league and a future HOF’er after 2 games 😂🤷‍♂️

I'm obviously being silly but early returns are just as everyone who said so predicted.

Again, my issue w/ Olu is there are always stud LT's coming out.  Rarely does a guy like Bowers come out.   They could have taken Bowers and found a similar talent to Olu in upcoming draft but it's not going to work the other way around.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4569618/garrett-wilson

image.png.62e218e3d5a1c31c5f8820be3438531d.png

Is it too early to have a slight bit of concern about GW5?  His numbers have been okay but I don't feel like he's been as crisp this year as he has been the previous 2 years.   I realize that he'll probably be just fine but something seems slightly off with him this year (at least so far).

A lot of our starters have not been crisp - on both sides of the ball.

GW, Breece Hall, Sauce Gardner, Quinnen Williams....

That's what happens when they don't play any amount of snaps in the pre-season.

People say that the joint practices are more beneficial then playing actual pre-season games, which is a big pile of horse-sh!t, in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

The fact that 8 different receivers caught the ball yesterday and the 2 RBs are excellent out the backfield, is going to be a theme this season. Aaron has always spread the ball around, but Garrett will be his Davante Adams. Just need to play more games together. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

The fact that 8 different receivers caught the ball yesterday and the 2 RBs are excellent out the backfield, is going to be a theme this season. Aaron has always spread the ball around, but Garrett will be his Davante Adams. Just need to play more games together. 

They need to get Tylen Conklin and Mike Williams more involved in the Offense.

These are 2 viable receiving options, that have been virtually wasted the first 2 weeks - aside from Mike Williams 3rd down grab yesterday.

I think Conklin has what 2 catches so far?

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4569618/garrett-wilson

image.png.62e218e3d5a1c31c5f8820be3438531d.png

Is it too early to have a slight bit of concern about GW5?  His numbers have been okay but I don't feel like he's been as crisp this year as he has been the previous 2 years.   I realize that he'll probably be just fine but something seems slightly off with him this year (at least so far).

I expect that Gee will get more targets per game as the season wears on but there is no denying the fact that Gee racked up a 1000 yards in each of his first 2 years with Zach Wilson throwing to him.