Cimini Podcast

JOJOTOWNSELL

5 hours ago, doitny said:

trading Reddick back to Philly for Huff would be the stupidest move ever. 

1st. he is having a incredible bad year. maybe he would be good again in our system, or maybe JD and Saleh were right and saw something that they knew he wasnt as good as everyone thought.

2nd. the money. we didnt want to pay him that money when he was good, were going to pay it now after hes looked so bad? 

3rd. if Huff came back here he would be unhappy because he would go back to being the designated pass rusher. there is no way you can play him vs the run, which btw is our biggest problem. right now we are just fine getting sacks.

if they want to trade Reddick back to Philly for the pick we gave them thats fine , do it. but Huff can stay there. right now i believe Reddick would be a cancer to this locker room. these guys want to win, make the playoffs and maybe win a SB. Reddick just cares about money otherwise he would have been here in TC. 

i dont want him in this locker room talking to these kids and putting it in their heads that this is ok to do to your team because their contracts are coming up real soon and the last thing we need are these kids not showing up to TC next year because they want more money.

The money actually would be a non-issue - the Eagles would keep the cap hit for the 15.625M signing bonus leaving the cash-and-cap hit to the Jets at roughly 35.4M over 3 years (less his game checks already earned), or less than 12M per. That's a number they'd gladly have resigned him at this offseason were he willing

34 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

The money actually would be a non-issue - the Eagles would keep the cap hit for the 15.625M signing bonus leaving the cash-and-cap hit to the Jets at roughly 35.4M over 3 years (less his game checks already earned), or less than 12M per. That's a number they'd gladly have resigned him at this offseason were he willing

ok but he sucks now and JJ is coming back next year. they dont want him or need him.

I heard Riddick is already into the 'has to return part of his signing bonus' territory as part of his fines. So not only is he not getting paid, but he also has to scratch a check to Woody Johnson! 🤣

I recall reading at the beginning of all this that if Reddick doesn't show, then we own him next season too.

18 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Also a caller asked him what the best individual single game QB performance was and he answered Vinny in the Monday Night Miracle…..i can’t disagree

Wrong.  Joe Namath on September 24, 1972 vs Johnny Unitas and the Colts. The Jets won 44 to 34. Namath's line was 15 of 28 for  496 yards with 6 TDs with 1 Int with a rating of 123.5.  Vinny's line in the Monday Night Miracle was 36 of 59 for  378 yards with  5 TDs and  3 Int wtih a rating of 86.7.  What Vinny had was the best Quarter performance with his 4 TD 4th Quarter. In the game as a whole, Vinny was meh, which is why it was 30-7 entering the 4th quarter.  On the other hand Namath's game is regarded as one of the greatest QB performances in NFL history.

PS. This is coming from someone who is no fanboy of Namath. He cost us more games than he won. If he played every game like Superbowl III (meaning with his head instead of his dick), the Jets would have won at least 1 more SB and probably have appeared in 3. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wrong.  Joe Namath on September 24, 1972 vs Johnny Unitas and the Colts. The Jets won 44 to 34. Namath's line was 15 of 28 for  496 yards with 6 TDs with 1 Int with a rating of 123.5.  Vinny's line in the Monday Night Miracle was 36 of 59 for  378 yards with  5 TDs and  3 Int wtih a rating of 86.7.  What Vinny had was the best Quarter performance with his 4 TD 4th Quarter. In the game as a whole, Vinny was meh, which is why it was 30-7 entering the 4th quarter.  On the other hand Namath's game is regarded as one of the greatest QB performances in NFL history.

PS. This is coming from someone who is no fanboy of Namath. He cost us more games than he won. If he played every game like Superbowl III (meaning with his head instead of his dick), the Jets would have won at least 1 more SB and probably have appeared in 3. 

Sorry, the question from the caller was, “what was the greatest Qb performance from  a Jet that you have seen?”

Cimini said he had never seen Namath play, before his time.  

i need to go back and watch this Namath game

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I would counter with Ken O'Brien vs Dolphins on Sept 21, 1986.  Jets won 51-45 in OT.  O'Brien was 29-43 479 yards out dueling Marino in what was the most exciting end to end game I have ever attended, including the Monday Night Miracle.

Wesley Walker caught the tying touchdown with 0:00 left on the clock and O'Brien hit him again for the winning TD in OT.  Great performance by O'Brien.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

Sorry, the question from the caller was, “what was the greatest Qb performance from  a Jet that you have seen?”

Cimini said he had never seen Namath play, before his time.  

i need to go back and watch this Namath game

Oddly, if I consider overall performance - not just the passing stats, I would put Rodgers' game against the Pats at the top of games I have seen, I have never seen a Jet QB in such total control of a game and pass with the accuracy that Rodgers displayed.

5 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I would counter with Ken O'Brien vs Dolphins on Sept 21, 1986.  Jets won 51-45 in OT.  O'Brien was 29-43 479 yards out dueling Marino in what was the most exciting end to end game I have ever attended, including the Monday Night Miracle.

Wesley Walker caught the tying touchdown with 0:00 left on the clock and O'Brien hit him again for the winning TD in OT.  Great performance by O'Brien.

I remember that game well. I cannot believe I forgot it. Comparing the two games is like a Mantle vs. Mays argument. It is hard to say since both are so great.  Kenny O! the only QB against whom Dan Marino had a losing record!

• Upvote 1