Would you do a trade back? Bryce Huff for Hassan Reddick, plus getting our 3rd round draft pick back?

I read that Hassan Reddick would not be opposed to getting traded back to the Eagles.  Through 3 games, Hall has a total of 1 tackle.  I believe no pressures, and no sacks.  

Thus far, the signing of Huff hasn't worked out for them, and the trade for Reddick hasn't worked out for the NY Jets either.

Personally, I would do the deal.  First, I would imagine that we would only have to pay Bryce roughly $13M left on his contract for this season, since 4 games are already gone.

He only has $34M guaranteed in his contract, so after this year, I would imagine that the Jets would be on the hook for the remaining $17M of the guaranteed contract.

What say you?

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

We didn’t want to sign Huff coming off a 10 sack season. Now we’re going to take on his $19m contract after he’s been a complete 0 first 3 games? No thanks 

You're missing something very important in your analysis.  To go along with his 10 sacks in 2023, Huff led the NFL among all edge rushers with his 21.8% pressure rate (minimum 200 pass rushes).

Pressure on the opposing QB is very significant.  It directly leads to more effective defense against the pass, and can cause incompletions and getting off the field for the defense.  

2 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

No.  Douglas didn't want to pay Huff in the first place, why in the world would he assume his bloated contract now?

But he was willing to pay Reddick $14.5 Mill for his services, and willing to part with a 3rd or 2nd round draft pick.  Maybe that's why he would be willing to make the deal.  Huff's sacks and 1st in the NFL pressure rate in 2023 would be part of that reason he would do the deal.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Alka said:

I read that Hassan Reddick would not be opposed to getting traded back to the Eagles.

That’s nice, but Huff was pretty excited to get away from the Jets and I don’t know if his humbling play in Philly has corrected his 20/20 hindsight. 

The contract is dirt cheap for the next two years, though, especially once you pull out the signing bonus that the Eagles would have to eat; just $1.1M this year, and $4.3M in 2025. Problem is a guaranteed option bonus or two that result in a dead money hit in 2027 of $21M. Still, for win-now purposes, I’d have no real issue with it as long as Huff was happy to come back and reprise his role. I have no problem with an executive who admits a mistake and corrects it. There are people here who still think franchising Huff at $21M for just this season would’ve been a good idea, getting him for two years, $5.4M would be a lot better. 

12 minutes ago, Alka said:

You're missing something very important in your analysis.  To go along with his 10 sacks in 2023, Huff led the NFL among all edge rushers with his 21.8% pressure rate (minimum 200 pass rushes).

Pressure on the opposing QB is very significant.  It directly leads to more effective defense against the pass, and can cause incompletions and getting off the field for the defense.  

I’d rather just work things out with Reddick and get him in here ASAP

31 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

We didn’t want to sign Huff coming off a 10 sack season. Now we’re going to take on his $19m contract after he’s been a complete 0 first 3 games? No thanks 

Agreed but that was a factor of Bryce Huff and what Bryce huff wanted. If he did comeback I would have to assume our staff could use him in a much more effective manner. Pretty sweet him and McDonald both coming of the edge on 3rd down!