Who will win a Super Bowl quicker, Jets or Pats

SouthernJet

The Pats have Tom Brady. We have Patrick Ramsey. Pats, case closed.

So by that logic then Kerry Collins should've beat Trent Dilfer and John Elway should've beat Phil Simms and Rich Gannon should've beat Brad Johnson and Steve McNair should've beat Kurt Warner and....

80% Pats

20% Jets

Winning superbowls is tough. The Pats have much better chances for the next few years. Figure 5-6 years from now the Brady window starts to close. Belichick's liklihood of staying far beyond that is iffy, so at that point it gets to be like 50/50.

But no doubt the Pats are still much more likely than the Jets to win the next one in the division.

Last offseason I would have said 90% Pats, 10% Jets

Homerism at it's finest!

Hey BZ, we need our #1 homer over here STAT!

So by that logic then Kerry Collins should've beat Trent Dilfer and John Elway should've beat Phil Simms and Rich Gannon should've beat Brad Johnson and Steve McNair should've beat Kurt Warner and....

Bro you are reaching. I know you have a crush on Patrick Ramsey but he is not on the same planet as Tom Brady. Brady is the best player in the nfl, probably a top 10 qb of all-time. Ramsey is a decent back-up who will have to start for us because we have nothing better. I'll go with the hall-of-fame qb who has already won 3 Super Bowls.

Bro you are reaching. I know you have a crush on Patrick Ramsey but he is not on the same planet as Tom Brady. Brady is the best player in the nfl, probably a top 10 qb of all-time. Ramsey is a decent back-up who will have to start for us because we have nothing better. I'll go with the hall-of-fame qb who has already won 3 Super Bowls.

Wow.:eek:

124 just got owned big time.

P-A-T-S = Please Approach The Shi@ter:cheers:

That was actually funny. :)

raffy D

How is RS displaying homerism? We have a QB and Coach combo, that was largely responsible for three Superbowl titles in the last five years. While we might have some roster troubles, the two most important pieces are still there and show no signs of leaving.

vs.

The Jets.

A team with a gimpy QB coming off two shoulder injuries to his throwing shoulder. that has looked extremely average over the past few seasons and this is the leader of an offense that scares no one. If this was the 20s and your offense only had to score 13 points to win 90% of the games, you would be alright. However, you need to score a tad more and your offense is not built to.

RS might have been overly generous in giving you 90%.

You're all forgetting something. At the end of the day, the Jets are still the Jets and will always be the Jets. They could have Lombardi as HC, Shula as the OC and ficken Chuck Knoll at DC and it wouldn't matter. This franchise has been losers for so long that it's embedded in the very fabric that is the Jets. This team will win a few games, maybe even the division but that's about it. If we sniff a AFC title game that will be a plus. As for sniffing football in February, don't make any plans.

You're all forgetting something. At the end of the day, the Jets are still the Jets and will always be the Jets. They could have Lombardi as HC, Shula as the OC and ficken Chuck Knoll at DC and it wouldn't matter. This franchise has been losers for so long that it's embedded in the very fabric that is the Jets. This team will win a few games, maybe even the division but that's about it. If we sniff a AFC title game that will be a plus. As for sniffing football in February, don't make any plans.

I just love optimistic Jet fans.:eek:

I just love optimistic Jet fans.:eek:

What do we as Jets fans ever have to be optimistic about? How many times have our hearts been crushed by bs injuries, coaches resigning for no reason, horrific trades, horrific coaches and offensive coordinators, choking in big games and horrendous missed field goals?

Any Jets fan who lived through the '99 season has absolutely no reason ever to be optimistic ever again. We were supposed to go to the Super Bowl that year and our team was for real and then in Game 1 Vinny goes down with a ruptured tendon. And don't get me started in 2000 when we had that 4-0 start and still missed the playoffs.

What do we as Jets fans ever have to be optimistic about? How many times have our hearts been crushed by bs injuries, coaches resigning for no reason, horrific trades, horrific coaches and offensive coordinators, choking in big games and horrendous missed field goals?

Any Jets fan who lived through the '99 season has absolutely no reason ever to be optimistic ever again. We were supposed to go to the Super Bowl that year and our team was for real and then in Game 1 Vinny goes down with a ruptured tendon. And don't get me started in 2000 when we had that 4-0 start and still missed the playoffs.

That was painful but as I said before on this board I will never get over the playoff game against the Browns. But I do agree, what's to be optimistic about?

Keep it real GOB. SHort of one season, the Jets have always been losers.

Me thinks not,,

Seriously, Pats will still be competitive, but Jets will win a Super Bowl before they do.

From this point forward, these won't be the "same old Jets." They'll contend as early as 2007, and there'll be no looking back.:Nuts:

Three things will prevent that from ever happening again:

1). Robert Kraft

2). Bill Belichick

3). Tom Brady

people retire, get hurt etc,,

I am tellin u, stuff is happening behind scenes that will make changes happen very soon,,

when belly retires, u better hope someone 'comes back home'

When did I ever say Patrick Ramsey is the next Tom Brady? That's right. I didn't.

How the hell does this thread last 6 pages?

They have a HOF QB and a HOF coach. I dont see either one going anywhere anytime soon. I understand the question is in relation to the current state of each team, and we are excited about our new regime(rightfully so), but...c'mon, people....even in these quick-turn-around days of free agency, the Pats have the big edge based on their QB alone!!!

Hey.....it's the off-season! If I can pipe dream about AJ HAWK @ 4, the rest of you deserve some slack for dreaming about Super Bowls, right?

How the hell does this thread last 6 pages?

They have a HOF QB and a HOF coach. I dont see either one going anywhere anytime soon. I understand the question is in relation to the current state of each team, and we are excited about our new regime(rightfully so), but...c'mon, people....even in these quick-turn-around days of free agency, the Pats have the big edge based on their QB alone!!!

Hey.....it's the off-season! If I can pipe dream about AJ HAWK @ 4, the rest of you deserve some slack for dreaming about Super Bowls, right?

Brady will have a serious injury this year,,

preseason, i saw it the other nite,

ArcadeTarraCloseUp.GIF

And don't forget the two cornerstones that make teams great.

The OLine and DLine.

Both will be very strong units for the Pats for several years.;)

we will see,,,

I havent decided whether to put the 'tick tick tick' jinx on you yet,,

it can only be on one team at a time,, its currently firmly on top of the Yanks

• 7 months later...
we will see,,,

well I said this 8 months ago,,

The Tick jinx is firmly on Pats for 2007, and we know what happened to Yanks ;)

Brady will have a serious injury this year,,

preseason, i saw it the other nite,

ArcadeTarraCloseUp.GIF

we will see,,,

You also said he would be seriously injured.

LOL I thought you liked Pennington, thought he was the best we had. I guess you changed your tune lmfao.

Archived