Bench this bum

5 hours ago, Gaffneycatch81 said:

By your logic, WRs are also offensive linemen, because they were called “split ends” when they started making the distinction between them and tight ends. So, if anything, the “tight” part is what makes a TE an OL.

That’s dumb

45 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What the actual ..... Ruckert never had a step forward. Ever.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I seem to recall people were wanting to see him take snaps from Uzomah his rookie year.  But whatever you say...

8 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I’ve been whining about this since Saleh has been here. I still can’t comprehend it unless it’s some high level business decision from Woodys suits to keep guys from hitting or playing in preseason. I can’t believe any football coach would sign off on this approach. 

Packers are out of padded practices, to the relief of most but not all (packersnews.com)

this is from 2 years ago but i doubt the CBA has changed this since then

GREEN BAY − The Green Bay Packers held a padded practice Friday. That is not particularly strange or noteworthy. Friday was essentially a Thursday for the Packers as they gear up for their Monday night game against the Los Angeles Rams, and that second day of practice typically is when the pads come on for a tougher day of work. 

What stands out about this padded practice is that it will be the last of the season for the club, coach Matt LaFleur confirmed Saturday. 

“We’re out of them,” LaFleur said before joking, “I didn’t want anybody to know that; not that that’s that big of a deal.” 

The most recent collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the players' union states clubs are allowed a total of 14 padded practices during the regular season. Eleven must be held during the first 11 weeks of the regular season. Three must be held during the remaining six weeks of the regular season. The day of the week is up to each club. One week of the regular season, clubs can hold two padded practices within the same week. Once reaching the postseason, teams can hold one padded practice per week. 

The Packers used the three padded practice they were allowed in the final six weeks on Week 12, Week 13 and in preparation for this Week 15 game. Week 14 was the bye week.

Following the upcoming Rams game, the Packers will have three more games in the regular season, all must-wins if they have any hope of making the playoffs. With no padded practices left, skill players are celebrating. 

“For the skill guys, we don't like them at all,” receiver Sammy Watkins said. “Faster we run, less on your legs, less on your feet.

“I hate (the pads),” Watkins punctuated, as receiver Randall Cobb concurred. 

Those in the trenches, Watkins said, might feel a need for pads throughout the week, but not for those in his unit. 

“For wideouts, it’s like, eh, we don’t really get hit when we catch the ball,” Watkins said. “You have eight catches, you might get tackled eight times.”

Past Packers teams have used up their padded practices early as well, allowing lighter days late in the season when bodies are tired. The Packers had a late bye week this season, providing some relief.

Still the scheduled lighter days ahead are also appreciated by those in the trenches. 

“We’re getting down to this point of the season kind of where you really start feeling it on the body,” offensive lineman Jon Runyan said. “That goes for the guys that played a lot of snaps this year. And you got guys with soft-tissue stuff here and there, stuff aching. So I think taking the pads off at this point of season, I think it makes our bodies feel a lot better. 

7 minutes ago, doitny said:

Packers are out of padded practices, to the relief of most but not all (packersnews.com)

this is from 2 years ago but i doubt the CBA has changed this since then

GREEN BAY − The Green Bay Packers held a padded practice Friday. That is not particularly strange or noteworthy. Friday was essentially a Thursday for the Packers as they gear up for their Monday night game against the Los Angeles Rams, and that second day of practice typically is when the pads come on for a tougher day of work. 

What stands out about this padded practice is that it will be the last of the season for the club, coach Matt LaFleur confirmed Saturday. 

“We’re out of them,” LaFleur said before joking, “I didn’t want anybody to know that; not that that’s that big of a deal.” 

The most recent collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the players' union states clubs are allowed a total of 14 padded practices during the regular season. Eleven must be held during the first 11 weeks of the regular season. Three must be held during the remaining six weeks of the regular season. The day of the week is up to each club. One week of the regular season, clubs can hold two padded practices within the same week. Once reaching the postseason, teams can hold one padded practice per week. 

The Packers used the three padded practice they were allowed in the final six weeks on Week 12, Week 13 and in preparation for this Week 15 game. Week 14 was the bye week.

Following the upcoming Rams game, the Packers will have three more games in the regular season, all must-wins if they have any hope of making the playoffs. With no padded practices left, skill players are celebrating. 

“For the skill guys, we don't like them at all,” receiver Sammy Watkins said. “Faster we run, less on your legs, less on your feet.

“I hate (the pads),” Watkins punctuated, as receiver Randall Cobb concurred. 

Those in the trenches, Watkins said, might feel a need for pads throughout the week, but not for those in his unit. 

“For wideouts, it’s like, eh, we don’t really get hit when we catch the ball,” Watkins said. “You have eight catches, you might get tackled eight times.”

Past Packers teams have used up their padded practices early as well, allowing lighter days late in the season when bodies are tired. The Packers had a late bye week this season, providing some relief.

Still the scheduled lighter days ahead are also appreciated by those in the trenches. 

“We’re getting down to this point of the season kind of where you really start feeling it on the body,” offensive lineman Jon Runyan said. “That goes for the guys that played a lot of snaps this year. And you got guys with soft-tissue stuff here and there, stuff aching. So I think taking the pads off at this point of season, I think it makes our bodies feel a lot better. 

I mean one padded practice per week in season is generally enough, but the Jets don’t even do that. You’re not cleaning up assignments and stuff without actually hitting a bit. 

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean one padded practice per week in season is generally enough, but the Jets don’t even do that. You’re not cleaning up assignments and stuff without actually hitting a bit. 

do you have the article where it says this? i find it hard to believe the whole league does this but not Robert Saleh.

35 minutes ago, doitny said:

do you have the article where it says this? i find it hard to believe the whole league does this but not Robert Saleh.

I mean you can follow the Jets- they usually post a picture of practice every day. 

That clip is wild.

Jets are a complete clown 🤡 show with their blocking execution.

We know he doesn’t want to “embarrass” or humiliate his players by calling them out.

So we know what he doesn’t do.

But am still waiting to hear what Robert Saleh actually does to hold his players accountable.

Anybody know?

Does he make them pinky promise never to jump offsides again?