Todd Downing's 2021 stats

• Bronx changed the title to Todd Downing 2021 stats
  • Bronx changed the title to Todd Downing's 2021 stats

No guarantees here. However:

Downing, K.Carter and RB coach Tony Dews all coached together in TN 2019-2022.

On January 26, 2019, Downing was hired by the Tennessee Titans as their tight ends coach under head coach Mike Vrabel.

On January 29, 2021, Downing was promoted to offensive coordinator, replacing Arthur Smith, who departed to become the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons two weeks prior.

In 2018 Carter became the offensive line coach for the Tennessee Titans.  On January 24, 2023, the New York Jets announced that Carter was hired as the team’s offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

Tony Dews joins the Jets as the team's running backs coach after six seasons with the Tennessee Titans, serving as the running backs coach (2018-22) and tight ends coach (2023).

Yes - we all know Vrabel fired Downing, Carter and the Jets don't have Derrick Henry.  However, there is at least some continuity, they should have an idea how each other go about their jobs, how they see things and should speak the same language. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, C Mart said:

No guarantees here. However:

Downing, K.Carter and RB coach Tony Dews all coached together in TN 2019-2022.

On January 26, 2019, Downing was hired by the Tennessee Titans as their tight ends coach under head coach Mike Vrabel.

On January 29, 2021, Downing was promoted to offensive coordinator, replacing Arthur Smith, who departed to become the head coach of the Atlanta Falcons two weeks prior.

In 2018 Carter became the offensive line coach for the Tennessee Titans.  On January 24, 2023, the New York Jets announced that Carter was hired as the team’s offensive line coach and run game coordinator.

Tony Dews joins the Jets as the team's running backs coach after six seasons with the Tennessee Titans, serving as the running backs coach (2018-22) and tight ends coach (2023).

Yes - we all know Vrabel fired Downing, Carter and the Jets don't have Derrick Henry.  However, there is at least some continuity, they should have an idea how each other go about their jobs, how they see things and should speak the same language. 

It's funny, I know Downing, Carter and Dews all coached together but never really considered how Hackett, not having worked with them prior, would impact the potential flow of a game. 

I like the move to Downing if for nothing else to see a spark but that continuity with the rest of the staff is re-assuring.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Trading one of your best players that is top 5 at his position is only something losing organizations do... Period stop 

I stand not solitary in this matter, nor do I request cessation of downvotes on my posts. Should that be your preoccupation, proceed! Ultimately, I shall articulate my thoughts as I see fit.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's funny, I know Downing, Carter and Dews all coached together but never really considered how Hackett, not having worked with them prior, would impact the potential flow of a game. 

I like the move to Downing if for nothing else to see a spark but that continuity with the rest of the staff is re-assuring.

Not to burst bubbles - Cater & Ulbrich were on Atlanta's coaching staff together 2015-2017.

Hackett & Downing were together on Buffalo's staff 2014 when Hackett was OC & Downing was QB coach

But this is pretty common when you look over NFL staffs. There is usually some connection with coaches. 

• Upvote 1