SI 2007 Mock

stormshadow19

Having a 2007 mock draft this early is ridiculous.

Well, you know that, I know that, everyone here knows that... but the dude who put this together... well... is dumb. What do you want from me, eh? He has four NFC Central teams in his top ten. I just thought I'd post it cause, hey... it's good for a laugh. That and to watch the people get up in arms over drafting a USC WR.

But yeah... the 2007 mock, this early, is dumb.

jarrett is under investigation for extra benefits. looks like a good wr draft next year although i would like one of those top rbs

need an explanation on this from someone who knows, please:

from what I've read, jarrett and leinart shared an "upscale" apt. off-campus this past year. rent was around $3300 a month. they each paid around $650 a month, which leaves around $2000 a month. That $2000 a month was paid for by Leinart's father. Here is my question...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? A father can't pay his son's rent? what did they do wrong here?

i couldn't care less, not a USC fan, but I don't understand the reason to be investigating this.

again, if someone knows the NCAA violation, please explain.

thanks.

from what I've read, jarrett and leinart shared an "upscale" apt. off-campus this past year. rent was around $3300 a month. they each paid around $650 a month, which leaves around $2000 a month. That $2000 a month was paid for by Leinart's father. Here is my question...WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? A father can't pay his son's rent? what did they do wrong here?

i couldn't care less, not a USC fan, but I don't understand the reason to be investigating this.

thanks.

Each player would have to share responsibility equally. Leinart technically owed $1900 and Jarrett owed $1900 to pay the rent equally. The each only paid $650. Leinart's dad was allowed to pay Matt's remaining portion of $1250 as Matt's father, but the remaining $1250 owed by Jarrett can't be paid by anyone other than immediate family or else it is considered a gift. As you know, monetary gifts are illegal in the NCAA, hence the infraction.

Not saying I agree with it, but as the rules stand he did break them.

Wont be surprised if Steelers sought to make a deal to get Mike Bush.

So what if it is too early to predict... Mock Draft has never been being right from day one after previous the actual draft weekend is done to a few minutes before the next actual draft's 1st overall selection.

I hope Jets manage to stay away from top 10 in 2007 draft....

I am disappointed that Jets nabbed Clemens because I like to see Stanton play for us.. Oh well, we will see what will happen next year.

Each player would have to share responsibility equally. Leinart technically owed $1900 and Jarrett owed $1900 to pay the rent equally. The each only paid $650. Leinart's dad was allowed to pay Matt's remaining portion of $1250 as Matt's father, but the remaining $1250 owed by Jarrett can't be paid by anyone other than immediate family or else it is considered a gift. As you know, monetary gifts are illegal in the NCAA, hence the infraction.

Not saying I agree with it, but as the rules stand he did break them.

thanks for clarifying the situation for me...looks like another BS NCAA rule infraction. I can see if an agent or "friend of the program" was paying their rent, but Leinart's old man? Seems like nit-pickin to me.

thanks.

I am not sure about but all i know is that Leinart's father should not pay other player's rent which may violate the NCAA scholarship rule.. The investigation works on whether or not Jarrett gets illegally profit from scholarship...

You know how NCAA scholarship is.... Jarrett received scholarship to cover the housing charge nothing else... 1300 gone to where?

Archived