Met vs Yanks TONIGHT

BwanaZulia

Should Randy Johnson be released?

sadly, its not an option with our pitching staff as shot as it is

we just gotta hope he can get through games with an ERA under 9.00 and maybe we can win

Pavano is gone for the year most likely, Yahoo says he needs elbow surgery

what a waste of 40 mill

sadly, its not an option with our pitching staff as shot as it is

we just gotta hope he can get through games with an ERA under 9.00 and maybe we can win

what a waste of 40 mill

Ay carumba. I guess we have to hope for plenty of runs and great starts every time out from Chacon, Mussina, and Wang. And hopefully Wright will continue to do well.

what a waste of 40 mill

The sad part is, Pavano was a better bargain than Randy Johnson

Seriously, throwing 40 million away on nothing is better than throwing even more millions away on this unmitigated disaster of a hasbeen

The sad part is, Pavano was a better bargain than Randy Johnson

Seriously, throwing 40 million away on nothing is better than throwing even more millions away on this unmitigated disaster of a hasbeen

yeah, but atleast we got one year out of unit before he came down to earth

why was Posada removed after the first inning tonight?? injury?

yeah, but atleast we got one year out of unit before he came down to earth

why was Posada removed after the first inning tonight?? injury?

One year of what?

One year of the BIG UNIT, what the Yankees thought they were spending on?

HELL NO!!

For what they got from this POS last year, they could have spent a Quarter of that money for the same type of pitcher .... they spent ACE MONEY on a #2/#3 at best last year, and now, one year later, they are spending ACE MONEY on a completely washed up hasbeen

IMO this is even worse than Pavano ... WHO GAVE US NOTHING ... because the Yankees spent ACE MONEY on a what they believed was a #1 Starter, and now they have no #1 Starter ... they are a team without a dominant ace because the BIG HASBEEN signing totally backfired

All they lost with Pavano was a supposed middle of the rotation starter ... THAT YOU CAN REPLACE ... but when you're supposed ace goes to hell in a handbasket you are totally screwed

THAT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN'T REPLACE

Yeah right, like you wouldn't be pissed if Pedro was getting cuffed around like this big idiot ... you'd be screaming bloodly murder, so gimmie a break

Heck, you're b*tchin about Jermi Gonzalez and he's making chump change

He's a emergency starter. Ham ,you da man but just a spoiled Yankee fan.

Nady...now that's a great trade.

He's a emergency starter. Ham ,you da man but just a spoiled Yankee fan.

I know he's an emergency starter, that's the point, and you're still crying because he sucks ... then you have the ball$ to complain that Yankee fans lament spending a fortune of this big idiot

Do you even realize how comical that is?

I know he's an emergency starter, that's the point, and you're still crying because he sucks ... then you have the ball$ to complain that Yankee fans lament spending a fortune of this big idiot

Do you even realize how comical that is?

A Yankee fan crying about SPENDING is indeed comical Ham.

At his age it was a risky trade. Last season he dominated Boston or you don't make the play-offs. This year a so-so start and he's thrown under the bus by you.

A Yankee fan crying about SPENDING is indeed comical Ham.

At his age it was a risky trade. Last season he dominated Boston or you don't make the play-offs. This year a so-so start and he's thrown under the bus by you.

Again, coming from a guy who's crying about his "league minimun" emergency starter this is hilarious ... if Jeremi Gonzalez was making 20 million dollars you'd probably be jumping off a bridge :rolleyes:

Again, coming from a guy who's crying about his "league minimun" emergency starter this is hilarious ... if Jeremi Gonzalez was making 20 million dollars you'd probably be jumping off a bridge :rolleyes:

Nope . I realize you can't have it both ways Ham. Celebrate Randy at the time of trade, kill him on his way down.

Nope . I realize you can't have it both ways Ham. Celebrate Randy at the time of trade, kill him on his way down.

Why not ... what am I supposed to do, cartwheels?

You think Yankee fans are obligated to accept this GRABAGE they are getting for 20 million dollars just because they thought it was a good trade?

Common dude, GET REALISTIC, will ya please

OBTW, Met fans loved the Beltran signing but that didn't stop them from damn near boo'ing him out of the building on opening day {OPENING DAY, 4 AB's into his season!!}, did it?

BUT NOW THEY LOVE HIM AGAIN ... at least for tonite, right? :rolleyes:

Bottom line, all baseball fans expect to get their monies worth on a big ticket item ... NOT JUST YANKEE FANS ... so don't try to portray it as spoiled Yankee fans, that's just being silly

Why not ... what am I supposed to do, cartwheels?

You think Yankee fans are obligated to accept this GRABAGE they are getting for 20 million dollars just because they thought it was a good trade?

Common dude, GET REALISTIC, will ya please

OBTW, Met fans loved the Beltran signing but that didn't stop them from damn near boo'ing him out of the building on opening day {OPENING DAY, 4 AB's into his season!!}, did it?

BUT NOW THEY LOVE HIM AGAIN ... at least for tonite, right? :rolleyes:

Bottom line, all baseball fans expect to get their monies worth on a big ticket item ... NOT JUST YANKEE FANS ... so don't try to portray it as spoiled Yankee fans, that's just being silly

Agree Ham cept all my posts on Beltran state he is a star who was hurt last year. I stand by that.

Agree Ham cept all my posts on Beltran state he is a star who was hurt last year. I stand by that.

That's okay man, but you're dodging the issue

Am I correct that Met fans universally applauded the Beltran signing?

Did many of those same Met fans damn near boo him out of the building on opening day?

NUFF SAID

I repeat ... no matter how much fans like/love a signing when its made, if a big ticket item does not produce like a big ticket item the fans are going to be bitterly disappointed ... ANY FANS ... Met, Yankee, whatever

Any attempt to portray it as exclusively "spoiled Yankee fans" is, in a word, nonsense

Archived