this just in: curtis is not a stat compiler

joewilly

Yeah, I must be mistaken. I must have amnesia not to remember all those games or tackle-breaking runs that left me in awe through the years. All those carries that left me thinking "WOW - how the HELL did he do that???" I must bet getting old. And any of the current crop of top-10 RB's - EVERYONE around the league is saying, "Yeah, he's pretty good. But he was nothing compared to Curtis Martin in his prime."

You're welcome.

I too treasure that precious postseason footage of Martin, busting over tackle, past LBs, running over DBs, as he charges through the backfield of forlorn tacklers for a big gainer, cvarrying the Jets on his back in a big game, all the way to the end zone. Just can't seem to find it. Uh, oh, yeah-but that never happened. And if he was that big-time back in 2004, the Jets never go to OT vs. the Bolts and run out the clock vs. Pitt. Alas and along, didn't happen. Didn't happen in Denver in 1998/99 either, or vs. the Raiders in 2001 or 2002. There's a whole bunch more of him going 2-3 yards or even less, and then going down like a sack of spuds upon initial contact with any warm body.

I too treasure that precious postseason footage of Martin, busting over tackle, past LBs, running over DBs, as he charges through the backfield of forlorn tacklers for a big gainer, cvarrying the Jets on his back in a big game, all the way to the end zone. Just can't seem to find it. Uh, oh, yeah-but that never happened. And if he was that big-time back in 2004, the Jets never go to OT vs. the Bolts and run out the clock vs. Pitt. Alas and along, didn't happen. Didn't happen in Denver in 1998/99 either, or vs. the Raiders in 2001 or 2002. There's a whole bunch more of him going 2-3 yards or even less, and then going down like a sack of spuds upon initial contact with any warm body.

Bugg = gets it

When the revolution comes and we are finally and rightly known as Sperm Nation, you will be spared.

Man, this debate is identical to the arguments we Steelers fans have had over the years concerning Jerome Bettis.

Easy solution: Bring in a 4.3/40 undrafted free agent, start him and move Curtis to short yardage back. We'll celebrate after ya win the SB next year. ;)

Martins best playoff game by far was back in 95 against the Steelers in the fog.

Jordan should have been getting the majority of the carries in the 04 playoffs, especially against Pittsburgh.

If Herm had taken Martin out, Jordan would've grilled up a bunch of Pittsburgers for him.

that game still makes me sick man...god i hate herm...

sp, just curious?

What did you hate the most about that game?

1). PennyBoy putting up a whopping 3 points in 5 quarters of football.

2). Hermy electing to take a knee 3 yards behind the LOS.

3). Hermy's offensive explosion of a game plan.:eek:

sp, just curious?

What did you hate the most about that game?

1). PennyBoy putting up a whopping 3 points in 5 quarters of football.

2). Hermy electing to take a knee 3 yards behind the LOS.

3). Hermy's offensive explosion of a game plan.:eek:

The thing I hated the most? The long drive home in the snow. The night out after the game...in the bar with all the Steeler fans talking it up.

KNOWING...just knowing that the game was in the bag.

3. Delete any posts you don't like.

:)

BZ

Which posts are these? I haven't & woudn't touch any of the misguided posts about Curtis Martin's greatness on the field. Their ignorance proves my point. My favorite among them is when people quote yardage or ypc totals. In real life cannot "lend" yardage from an easy opponent to a difficult one. Nor can you "lend" a high ypc game and spread it around the rest as though it had any effect on other performances. But looking up year-total stats or career stats would have you believe he was similarly effective against all opponents. You watch him in the games & just know it isn't close.

Martin has had an above-average career. He looks very average when he's got the football in his hands.

Which posts are these? I haven't & woudn't touch any of the misguided posts about Curtis Martin's greatness on the field. Their ignorance proves my point. My favorite among them is when people quote yardage or ypc totals. In real life cannot "lend" yardage from an easy opponent to a difficult one. Nor can you "lend" a high ypc game and spread it around the rest as though it had any effect on other performances. But looking up year-total stats or career stats would have you believe he was similarly effective against all opponents. You watch him in the games & just know it isn't close.

Martin has had an above-average career. He looks very average when he's got the football in his hands.

Your opinion.

Not much validity, but it is your opinion.

BZ

bz--are there any current jets you don't like??

Don't like personally or don't think they perform the way they should?

I think Jolly, Cedric and Blaylock have a lot to prove the season.

I wasn't so in love with Abe, so glad he is gone.

BZ

All Curtis joking aside...that was my biggest Herm disappointment. Last year saying the priority was getting Curtis 1,000. How about finding a QB? Or O Lineman that could play? Nah, those were not priorities.

Sad.

...Come on now Max....that was only after the season was already a bust...that's when he lobbied for getting curtis 1000 yards to keep his record going. Dont make my Curty look bad like he's stat gouging...:Nuts: . And hell, he's actually been one of the brighter spots on the team for a while with old noodle arm and our on and off again defense and receivers and TE's and everything else....:baby:

...Come on now Max....that was only after the season was already a bust...that's when he lobbied for getting curtis 1000 yards to keep his record going. Dont make my Curty look bad like he's stat gouging...:Nuts: . And hell, he's actually been one of the brighter spots on the team for a while with old noodle arm and our on and off again defense and receivers and TE's and everything else....:baby:

Go get 'im, Shak! :Cuss:

Archived