"The Future is Now"

Cant Hackett

Seriously, I hate Brady as much as the next guy but Ben isn't even allowed in Brady's backyard. It's not even close, right now Big Ben is Trent Dilfer in black and yellow. If he takes Pitt to the playoffs for the next 3 years then he can hang with Brady.

God that hurt to type, I hate Cindy but the truth is the truth.

yea raffy even us "clueless" Jets fans can be objective every now and then

yea raffy even us "clueless" Jets fans can be objective every now and then

Yes, but it stil hurts to admit it! Remember the whole Chad is better than Brady debate? Yea, that one still burns. Of course, I'm the schmuck that still believes Chad can come back and become a great qb, but hey, I'm a homer and proud of it.;)

Seriously, I hate Brady as much as the next guy but Ben isn't even allowed in Brady's backyard. It's not even close, right now Big Ben is Trent Dilfer in black and yellow. If he takes Pitt to the playoffs for the next 3 years then he can hang with Brady.

EXACTLY WHAT IM SAYING....

I would hope he could win a few more rings, before getting lumped in with Brady.

ok...in a couple years he'll be just like TRENT DILFER winning a SB because there DEFENCE and RUNNING GAME brought them there...NOT HIM...

IMO, everyone over hypes BIG BEN ....

Have you seen what kind of defensive and offensive stars we've had in the 14 years prior to Big Ben? We've seemingly always had top 5 defenses and dominant RB's, bro. But the fact remains, Cowher didn't get over that hump until Ben's arrival.

Sure Ben had a horrible SB by his standards. But we wouldn't have been in the SB without him. The TD pass on Champ Bailey in the AFCC ring a bell? He struggled in the playoffs his first year as well, but learned from it and was much inproved his second time. His next SB will be one of his best games, count on it. ;)

BTW, what was Brady's record his first 2 seasons? Ben's 27-4 as a starter. :P

not counting his first year in 2000, because he didn't play much at all.

2001 and 2002 Brady's first 2 years starting , according to stats from nfl.com Pats lost 12 games ........brady started 11 of those and played in the other one.

Have you seen what kind of defensive and offensive stars we've had in the 14 years prior to Big Ben? We've seemingly always had top 5 defenses and dominant RB's, bro. But the fact remains, Cowher didn't get over that hump until Ben's arrival.

Sure Ben had a horrible SB by his standards. But we wouldn't have been in the SB without him. The TD pass on Champ Bailey in the AFCC ring a bell? He struggled in the playoffs his first year as well, but learned from it and was much inproved his second time. His next SB will be one of his best games, count on it. ;)

big ben and cowher are a match made in heaven. ben's game fits perfectly with how cowher's teams play. he probably wouldn't be half as good on a lot of other teams but he's a perfect fit in pittsburgh. that's impressive drafting.

It all comes down to drafting. Mangini and Tannenbaum are from that Patriots Bellichick/Pioli mold that looked for the best talent to fit a system not just the best talent with a lot of personalities. When Brady stepped in many of the pieces were already in place. The Jets aren't even close yet. There are so many holes to fill but this 1st draft was a step in the right direction but I have seen successful first steps before just to be followed by stumbles and falls. I am optimistic but I have been down this road way too many times before to get too excited yet.

It all comes down to drafting. Mangini and Tannenbaum are from that Patriots Bellichick/Pioli mold that looked for the best talent to fit a system not just the best talent with a lot of personalities. When Brady stepped in many of the pieces were already in place. The Jets aren't even close yet. There are so many holes to fill but this 1st draft was a step in the right direction but I have seen successful first steps before just to be followed by stumbles and falls. I am optimistic but I have been down this road way too many times before to get too excited yet.

Welcome to the site and good 1st post.

About that last line I agree. I want to believe. It is just that I need some proof first!

not counting his first year in 2000, because he didn't play much at all.

2001 and 2002 Brady's first 2 years starting , according to stats from nfl.com Pats lost 12 games ........brady started 11 of those and played in the other one.

That is wrong.

Bledsoe started the first two games of the 2001 season. Patriots 0-2.

-Mo hits Drew late in the second game. Tom is the QB.

Patriots finished 2001 on a 14-3 tear with Tom.

Followed up by a unspectacular 9-7 record.

Patriots were 23-10 under Tom in his first two years 'starting.'

That is wrong.

Bledsoe started the first two games of the 2001 season. Patriots 0-2.

-Mo hits Drew late in the second game. Tom is the QB.

b

Patriots finished 2001 on a 14-3 tear with Tom.

Followed up by a unspectacular 9-7 record.

Patriots were 23-10 under Tom in his first two years 'starting.'

Correct Brady played in game #2 lose(2001) , but didn't start. The pats lost first 2 games that year.....with Drew at the helm. My bad, counted the first game of that season. Point was stats verse Big Ben someone asked. Brady Had 10 loses in first 2 years starting

:cheers:

Archived