"The Future is Now"

Cant Hackett

It does not take years to build a Super Bowl team any more. With the salary cap and free agency, teams can turn around in a year or two. With decent QB play, I am looking a big improvement in 2006 and if things come together, a shot at the Super Bowl by 2007. The Pat

It's nice to see the optimism, CH. I've been saying all along that playoff hopes should not be out of the question for Jets fans. Yes, the Stillers and Pats got fortunate by landing their QB's, who's to say it's not the Jets turn for a little good fortune? I'd love to see you long suffering fans finally get to celebrate a SB. As any of the Pats fans here can verify with me, there is nothing like being NFL Champs in all of sports.

:cheers:

The futire has always been now for the Jets.The big problem is the team just can't seem to find a QB capable of staying upright long enough to lead them to that Future.

Here's hoping Chad does enough early to allow Clemens the time to acclimate himself to the NFL.Here's also hoping that this kid is what everyone swears he is.

It's nice to see the optimism, CH. I've been saying all along that playoff hopes should not be out of the question for Jets fans. Yes, the Stillers and Pats got fortunate by landing their QB's, who's to say it's not the Jets turn for a little good fortune? I'd love to see you long suffering fans finally get to celebrate a SB. As any of the Pats fans here can verify with me, there is nothing like being NFL Champs in all of sports.

:cheers:

In 2003, Stillers & Jets played in the snow and both finish 6-10

In 2004, they played for the right to go to the AFC Championship Game

That is why, IMO, i have every right to put Big Ben in the same sentence with Tom Brady.

ok...in a couple years he'll be just like TRENT DILFER winning a SB because there DEFENCE and RUNNING GAME brought them there...NOT HIM...

IMO, everyone over hypes BIG BEN ....

They can't seem to find the right HC either. Let's face it, we have a ton of question marks that most of the teams mentioned in this thread did not.

See,I don't know about that Comment about the HC.The way i see it,the Jets had Bill Parcells,and he probably wins it in 1999 with either a competent backup QB,or with Vinny staying healthy.

I could be wrong,and probably am,but I`m willing to bet that Chad Pennington staying healthy after the 2002 season,gets us a shot at it all also even with Hermy and Hackett calling the shots.

To my mind,the problem has always been the inconsistency at the QB position.That's why I wanted Jay Cutler so badly,because atleast i know he can take a beating and still get the job done.

You have no idea how I'm hoping that this midget is the answer at QB.The man himself said that he's 6' 5/8".Let's just say I'm from missouri.

And you know this how?????? The Pats got lucky with drafting Brady in the late rounds...hell they didn't even expect much out of him.

Your kidding, right?

The Pats have Brady and the Jets have PennyBoySissy, Ramsey, Bollinger and a rookie.

Which situation would you prefer?:eek:

Your kidding, right?

The Pats have Brady and the Jets have PennyBoySissy, Ramsey, Bollinger and a rookie.

Which situation would you prefer?:eek:

Was talking about draft wise......The Pats had low expectations for Brady, hell he hardly started in college. Still trying to figure out why you get off on name calling and thrashing the jets????? I guess the jets sites are better then the bandwagon Pats sites.

the future is ALWAYS now in the NFL-the day of the 5 year plan is done-the fans shouldn't have to endure stupid less-than-expectations anymore.With the prices you have to pay to go to games or even watch them on DTV it's totally unacceptable.

The way the league is set up with so much parity also gives a bad team a good shot at respectability and maybe even a playoff berth-under the right circumstances(luck-few injuries) so me?I'm looking for some good luck this year and think the collective should too...think good thoughts and who knows maybe good things will happen-I've seen it work before when a lot of us would be on line during games at the Greenhouse together a few years ago-put out a good vibe,a positive vibe in the air

I just read this quote somewhere that Roger Daltrey always says "BE lucky"

I'm waiting for the day that Tex comes clean and actually ADMITS he's been a Jets fan all along but just didn't like the way things were run under previous regimes-that day comes when Brady gets hurt and the Pats realize(like we have before) that we have a lousy plan B or C at QB

How can you be so impressed with a QB that only throws 10 passes a game?:eek:

I agree with Tex Brady over Ben-Brady reminds me of Joe from Damn Yankees-what was his last name and what a great movie that was-I haven't seen it since I was a kid when they used to show it on the Late Show-man I'm old

I agree with Tex Brady over Ben-Brady reminds me of Joe from Damn Yankees-what was his last name and what a great movie that was-I haven't seen it since I was a kid when they used to show it on the Late Show-man I'm old

Seriously, I hate Brady as much as the next guy but Ben isn't even allowed in Brady's backyard. It's not even close, right now Big Ben is Trent Dilfer in black and yellow. If he takes Pitt to the playoffs for the next 3 years then he can hang with Brady.

God that hurt to type, I hate Cindy but the truth is the truth.

Archived