Ty Law- nobody wants him?

faba

He's looking for a bigger paycheck than he's worth (age) and he's biding his time. Someone with his experience doesn't need a heck of a whole lot of training camp - especially if he intends to sign with KC (he has played for Hermie) or the Pats (has the "system" down pat ;) )

You guys are brutal! He did NOT have the time to get into "shape" because it took forever for him to get over a pretty devastating injury and complications during his rehab....and he still managed to be a top DB. I'm pretty sure he was still in his electric wheelchair when he interviewed with Herm for the Jest job last year :P

Garb, I'd take him back on the Pats in a heartbeat, providing he doesn't break the bank.

Maybe the Pats can give him all the extra money they saved by letting AV walk.

TX I have no clue what the Pats are doing with all their extra cash. They are in terrific shape money-wise. They must be eye-balling someone special or they are planning for next year. Isn't next years FA market potentially fantastic?

BTW - I'm willing to bet that Ty Law won't be "fat" this season. Women's intuition. ;)

TX I have no clue what the Pats are doing with all their extra cash. They are in terrific shape money-wise. They must be eye-balling someone special or they are planning for next year. Isn't next years FA market potentially fantastic?

BTW - I'm willing to bet that Ty Law won't be "fat" this season. Women's intuition. ;)

Instead of putting all that extra cash under the mattress for a rainy day next year, wouldn't the Pats be better finding a few young LB's with legs for this year?

TX, I thought the Pats were ready to win another SB? Guess not.

Super Bowl contending teams can easily over come one area of weakness on their their team and still win.

Look no further than what the Pats did in 2003 with no running game and once again, look what they diid in 2004 with no secondary.

Yes, the LB position is not what I would like it to be, but it won't derail the Pats entire season.

Super Bowl contending teams can easily over come one area of weakness on their their team and still win.

Yes, the LB position is not what I would like it to be, but it won't derail the Pats entire season.

TX, LB's are kind of important in a 3-4 defense.

I guess in your mind its like the Steelers overcoming Big Ben's weaknesses.

TX, LB's are kind of important in a 3-4 defense.

I guess in your mind its like the Steelers overcoming Big Ben's weaknesses.

The LB's are critical in a 3-4 defense, I completely understand that.

The Pats just do not have the rotational opportunities as they have had in the past.

Time will tell.

Did Bren make that post under your username?:eek:

You will know when Bren posts as me. My spelling will improve and I will suddenly have football smarts!

Oh and I will ask you if you want to smooch.

Instead of putting all that extra cash under the mattress for a rainy day next year, wouldn't the Pats be better finding a few young LB's with legs for this year?

They have some.

Whether they can play or not is another thing.

Claridge

Banta-Cain

Alexander

Mincey (my speculation)

and even Beisel.

I would imagine Banta and Beisel times are coming due. It is either time to put up or move on. While Claridge, Alexander and now Mincey start their apprenticeship.

I think the FO thought, would a draft pick have more impact, then someone already on the roster? Probably not. Everyone above except for Mincey has at least a year in the fold. a free agent might have helped, but a decent one one probably cost too much.

Maybe it is blind faith, but I think Bill's inaction speaks well of what he has. The guy drafted a ton of TEs to find 3. I think he would do the same if the need was that great.

You guys are brutal! He did NOT have the time to get into "shape" because it took forever for him to get over a pretty devastating injury and complications during his rehab....and he still managed to be a top DB. I'm pretty sure he was still in his electric wheelchair when he interviewed with Herm for the Jest job last year :P

Top DB? Are you kidding? I think he still has a pulled groin from that move put on him by LT in the Chargers game.

Collecting overthrows for picks only proves he can catch.. nothing else. When it mattered, he was beat.

Ty Law will be signed by the time the season starts, and he will be starting for that team. He has earned the right to sit back and wait for a good offer. I;m sure neithere he or his agent are losing any sleep right now.

As for his caliber of play last year, he certainly isn't what he was in his prime. But he was by far the best CB we've seen under the DuhHerm years. I watched him pretty extensively at games, and what he does is play to the inside of a receiver, leaving him a bit open and baiting the QB to throw the slant. If the receiver runs an out he still has the closing speed and smarts to get over there and defend it. Not sure how much longer he will have that ability however.

Archived