Browns | Bentley carted off with knee injury

FoxJet

Browns | Bentley carted off with knee injury

Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:46:09 -0700

ESPN.com reports Cleveland Browns C LeCharles Bentley (knee) was carted off the field after an injury to his left knee during the Browns' first 11-on-11 drill of training camp Thursday, July 27. Bentley was tangled in a pile of players as he was blocking on a running play. He screamed, "No," before remaining on his knees as the team moved their scrimmage up the field so trainers could attend to him. He stayed on the ground for several minutes before the medical staff immobilized his left knee and carted him to the locker room. The extent of the injury is not yet known.

Because of an injury to a center?:eek:

You see TX-This is where I will school you.

It is a well known fact in football, at least by the people that know the sport well, that when you lose your center, a Super Bowl team in teh making is therby doomed for the season.

Exhibit A-The 2005 NYJ with kevin Mawae.

No charge for this lesson

Because of an injury to a center?:eek:

You are right, TX. The loss of their biggest free agent acquisition and cornerstone of their offensive line only enhances their playoff chances. Break out the champagne in Cleveland!

You see TX-This is where I will school you.

It is a well known fact in football, at least by the people that know the sport well, that when you lose your center, a Super Bowl team in teh making is therby doomed for the season.

Exhibit A-The 2005 NYJ with kevin Mawae.

No charge for this lesson

Exhibit B: Rookie Dan Koppen steps in for an injury in 2004 and the Pats go on to win their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years.

No charge for this lesson.;)

Exhibit B: Rookie Dan Koppen steps in for an injury in 2004 and the Pats go on to win their 3rd Super Bowl in 4 years.

No charge for this lesson.;)

While the Mawae example is not a good one to counter you with(Mawae was playing like sh*t before the injury), LeCharles Bentley is a top-notch Center and was a big acquisition for the Browns.

Now maybe the Browns find a quality back-up Center or Guard to fill in but with the Browns' luck that isn't likely.

While the Mawae example is not a good one to counter you with(Mawae was playing like sh*t before the injury), LeCharles Bentley is a top-notch Center and was a big acquisition for the Browns.

Now maybe the Browns find a quality back-up Center or Guard to fill in but with the Browns' luck that isn't likely.

It was a joke Peter, a joke.

I am pretty sure, at least I hope, that the reason that the Jets were 4-12 and not Super Bowl participants was not becasue of Kevin's injury.

Anyone here recalling images of a QB banging his fist into the turf?

Reminds me of one of my favorite Jet players, Lance Mehl.

It was a night game at the stadium. It was a play going down field

so most of the players were away from him and he was lying on his

stomach banging his fist into the turf. It was a knee injury of some kind.

He never came back.

I really feel bad for the Browns and their fans, bad f'ing luck for this to happen (I saw the video and it was one of those noncontact accidental twisting type incidents that could just happen to any player on any team).

The Browns are officially my second team this year, go Browns!

Archived