Man you guys gotta see this Turner video

SoFlaJets

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQY18MWi6k

someone posted it over at JI and I swear he reminds me of Thurman Thomas oh yea watch him rip off some nice runs against the Pats...

there's also a little Ricky Williams and Earl Campbell style to this kid-give SD a 2nd or whatever CB they want except for Miller or Dyson-this kid is worth it...

oh yea I did too LOL-he's a cool artist-if you LIKE that kind of stuff

so whadda ya think UT-Thurman Thomas-ish?

He is very patient and let's his blockers set up nicely, reminds me of curtis a little but with the added oomph at the end of each play. Also seems to be pretty quick, I can see why Schotty would want this guy.

Turner would be the only back I would consider trading for because of his experience with our OC, anyone else doesn't appear to be that much of an upgrade over Blaylock/Houston/Washington.

I definately saw some Thurman in him.

He also kinda reminds me of Ricky Williams with that running style. He has the same build as well.

agreed-he has that choppy feet thing LIKE Ricky and is not only fast but powerful-anybody know where Travis Henry is these days?-he's another guy I would seriously consider-he's a good north eastern running back-I think Turner could be too...

One more thing, Turner was a 5th round pick. I don't think we should give them a 2nd rounder for him, 3rd yes but not a 2nd.

the thing is now raffy that we are going to be dealing from a position of need-BUT...according to sources THEY need a CB and are weak in that area-Strait? Barrett?and a say 5th or 6th?

A few things:

The Jets stole Washington's 2nd round pick. Not saying we should turn around and give it away. But if they end up giving up a 3rd for him, it softens the blow.

I have said all along that the Jets next starting HB is not currently on the roster. If Curtis can't "hold the fort" for the season then they have no other option. Blaylock is a 3rd down back. Houston is not the answer.

If they can get a starter that they are comfortable with it would be a good move. They are going to spend a pretty high pick on a RB next year anyhow. If they can trade now and get him used to the system and some experience it would be a good thing.

the thing is now raffy that we are going to be dealing from a position of need-BUT...according to sources THEY need a CB and are weak in that area-Strait? Barrett?and a say 5th or 6th?

I would give up Barrett and a 5th everyday of the week for Turner, not even blink at that deal.

BTW, how could they need a corner, didn't they draft like 12 in the last 5 years or so?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJQY18MWi6k

someone posted it over at JI and I swear he reminds me of Thurman Thomas oh yea watch him rip off some nice runs against the Pats...

there's also a little Ricky Williams and Earl Campbell style to this kid-give SD a 2nd or whatever CB they want except for Miller or Dyson-this kid is worth it...

Dude, it's a highlight video of a backup RB. I can make a youtube of Ron Dayne's NFL career that makes him look just as good, if not better.

I think Boozer's saying he wants to trade a 2nd-rounder for Ron Dayne.

Very funny. Not at all, it's just videos like that where suddenly people go gaga over a player who is very pedestrian at best.

Truthfully, my answer is we do not give up much of anything to get a RB. None of the potentially available RB's are worth it. We are going to stink this year in all likelyhood, I'd rather see us draft a true RB with the potential to be the franchise RB for the next 8-10 years. It's senseless to be trading draft picks for guys like Brown or Turner.

watch the video Mike and you tell me-oh yea if you don't like Eminem turn down the volume

You've got to be kidding me!?? You seriously think a highlight video of a backup RB is the grounds to declare that he's easily a successful 250 carries RB of the future for the Jets. I thought wisdom came with age SoFla, it seems to me you're going senile.

I seen the vid but like I said in the other turner thread. Why? would SD get rid of a good back-up to their star when thats what you really need for your star to get breaks during games . B/c they need a CB?

no, because he only has one year left on his contract and there is no way they will be able to keep him after the season. the guy can be a featured back and there is no way he is going to waste his career sitting behind the best running back in football.

did ron dayne ever have the most ypc in a season, 5.7? probably not.

Backing up the best RB in the league, getting most of his yardage in garbage time behind an outstading OL in SD. Derrick Blaylock averaged about 5ypc in his last 2 years with KC, including a 186 yard rushing game. How'd he turn out for us?

The bottom line is the backup to a great RB usually looks pretty good until thy get the brunt of the load. We have no reason to dump a draft pick on him when we can use our top draft pick next year on a great RB, namely Adrian Peterson.

Backing up the best RB in the league, getting most of his yardage in garbage time behind an outstading OL in SD. Derrick Blaylock averaged about 5ypc in his last 2 years with KC, including a 186 yard rushing game. How'd he turn out for us?

The bottom line is the backup to a great RB usually looks pretty good until thy get the brunt of the load. We have no reason to dump a draft pick on him when we can use our top draft pick next year on a great RB, namely Adrian Peterson.

yay, lets waste a TOP pick on an injury marred overrated running back who hasn't shown ANYTHING in the nfl...yay!

I have to agree with Boozer on this one.

Plus you guys are forgetting one thing, when you have a back like LaDanian pounding the defense all game a lot of RB's who come in afterwards are going to find success on a tired and broken defense. This is especially true with a quality O-line like the Chargers.

well, this shows exactly how much you know, NOTHING. the two running backs couldn't be anymore different.

Right...........Because I'm so sure you are the connoseur of the career that is Michael Turner. Give me a friggin break, you saw the video this morning and suddenly started creaming yourself over a guy you knew nothing about 2 days ago. The only other memory you might have of him is when he ran all over our pathetically anemic defense last year. Hell of an accomplishment that was :rolleyes:

BTW B-76 I just might be becoming a little senile as you stated-but as long as things work as well as they do south of de border I'm OK with it

As a guy who gets 4-12 touches a game behind a solid OL like SD, I'm sure it would work out for him here. Not for a 2nd rounder though. Give him the rock 20+ times a agme and suddenly you are rolling the dice bigtime. Not worth it for a season that is far more than 1 RB away from playoff contention.

BTW, I'm betting right now oktaren is cuing his response of what a huge N Illinois fan he is and how he followed Michael Turner throughout his entire career :rolleyes:

Archived