The Jets Need To Draft A Safety (here's a sneak peak)

Barton

Strong Safety is in desperate need of an upgrade. Reggie Tongue is slow, old and can't tackle. McGraw, while a talented player, is always injured and alot of his tackles get broken.

Terry Bradway would be wise to draft a safety in rd 3 and later.

Here are some players that will likely be available for us in Round 3 and/or later in Day 2.

GERALD SENSABAUGH - 6'0 213lbs - North Carolina

4.5 40 time - 41 1/2 verical jump - 32 inch arm length - 9 1/8 inch hands - wears contacts (lol)

Last Season at North Carolina: 78 tackles (59 solo), 3 sacks, 6.5 tackles for a loss, 5 pass deflections, 1 interception

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2005/sensabaugh_gerald

Positives: Alert player who quickly reads and diagnoses the plays

I really like Marviel Underwood too

James Butler is a great player, very underrated. If you watched the senior bowl, you'd would have seen a guy who hits like a linebacker and covers like a corner. A great player.

This draft is deep in safetys that have great potential.

I'm no draft guru like bit, ham or riggins, but if I would guess....

james butler won't make it to us in the 3rd rd :(

underwood will definetly be there for us in the 3rd rd

Rhodes is a late 4th or 5th rd pick

Maddox is a 5th or later

Sensabaugh is probably a 3rd or early 4th

• 2 weeks later...
Strong Safety is in desperate need of an upgrade. Reggie Tongue is slow, old and can't tackle. McGraw, while a talented player, is always injured and alot of his tackles get broken.

Terry Bradway would be wise to draft a safety in rd 3 and later.

Here are some players that will likely be available for us in Round 3 and/or later in Day 2.

Kerry Rhodes - 6'2 209lbs - Lousiville

4.55 40 time - 42 inch vertical - 32 inch arm length

Positives: Tall athlete with good upper body muscle definition, long arms and very quick feet

Rhodes and Maddox were GREAT picks by Bradway. I'm alittle surprised he picked safeties back to back when he could have had CJ Mosley after taking Rhodes, but anyways....

Maddox hits very hard, and has excellent speed for a safety.

This is definetly a better draft than last year, and thats sayin somethin.

So... you're saying that there is going to be a rotation then? Not the love child? Just to clarify...

I could see Rhodes and Maddox along with McGraw and Washington competing for the SS spot.

I really like this group of safeties. We now have alot more youth, speed and depth. As well as toys for Donnie and Westoff.

THIS ROCKS!! :mrgreen:

Archived