What's the most important stat for tonight?

NIGHT STALKER

I've got 500 vCash in the men in green...however, the most important stat is that we are healthy coming out of this "bragging rights" game.

Here's a little reminder.........

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (Aug. 23, 2003) -- New York Jets quarterback Chad Pennington is expected to be out 12 weeks with a broken and dislocated left wrist.

Coach Herman Edwards said the injury is not career-threatening, but would not rule out the possibility Pennington could miss the season.

"That's the best estimation at this point," Edwards said. "(The doctors are) optimistic that he will have the ability to come back. You're talking about surgery, so you never know. No one can guarantee on that."

Vinny Testaverde, a 17-year-veteran, becomes the Jets starter.

Edwards said in addition to the dislocation, Pennington broke four bones that connect the knuckles to the wrist and also has ligament damage.

He said Pennington had seven pins inserted in his wrist and will be in a splint for the next week. Pennington then will wear a cast for 3-to-4 weeks.

Pennington was still at Lenox Hill Hospital a day after surgery.

Pennington was injured against the New York Giants in a preseason game Aug. 23. As Brandon Short came on a blitz, Pennington rolled to his right and threw the ball away. But Short tackled him from behind, and Pennington used his wrist to cushion his fall to the turf.

The 12-week estimation is the doctors' best guess. Edwards said Pennington could come back earlier, depending on how his wrist heals. If he does miss 12 weeks, he could return for the Jets' game against Jacksonville on Nov. 23.

"I'm optimistic," Edwards said. "If anybody can do it, Chad has the will to do it."

Pennington became the starter in the fifth game last season, after Testaverde went 1-3.

The young backup engineered a tremendous turnaround for the Jets, who won the AFC East and finished the regular season 9-7 after a 2-5 start.

Pennington led the NFL with a 104.2 passer rating and 68.9 completion percentage. He finished 275-of-399 for 3,120 yards with 22 touchdowns and six interceptions.

Tonight the only thing I really want to see is Pennington playing until the 3rd quarter and his name not appearing on an injury report.

I concur but I still want to win this game too so we start remembering what it feels like to win-we need it after last year.Man I was numb watching the Jets-no emotion hardly at all I was EXPECTING us to lose-what a horrible way to watch the Jets-again,Thanks Herm for THAT

Archived