Nooooo!!!Primetime with Berman and Jackson is over!!

LockeJET

I don't like this at all...I loved the show with Berman and Jackson on Sundays..Now we have new hosts and it was moved to Mondays..That stinks!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Primetime

NFL Primetime is a sports television program that has aired on ESPN since 1987. It used to air every Sunday night during the NFL American football season and it preceded ESPN's coverage of Sunday Night Football. The show was hosted by Chris Berman, with analysis from Tom Jackson. Berman and Jackson recap Sunday afternoon's NFL games with highlights, statistics, and commentary.

Pete Axthelm was a regular from 1987 until his death in 1991. Through the show's history, other co-hosts included Robin Roberts, Bill Pidto, and Stuart Scott. Pidto was often the target of good-natured ribbing by Berman, since Pidto often did recaps of games of little importance. The position of co-host was dropped prior to the start of the 1998 season.

Rather than provide the usual package of scoring highlights, NFL Primetime presented extended highlights which also showed less dramatic plays. This provided context for the greater depth of analysis of each game.

When NBC acquired the rights for Sunday night games, NBC negotiated for exclusive rights for extended highlights during its Football Night in America pregame show. This caused NFL Primetime to be moved from its regular time slot to Monday night at 6 p.m. ET, preceding Monday Night Countdown. Chris Berman and Tom Jackson will not be hosting the show for the 2006 season, ending their 18 year run on the program together. They will instead provide voice-over and analysis to football highlights on the Sunday night edition of SportsCenter at 11 pm EST. Hosting the new version of the show will be Stuart Scott along with analysts Ron Jaworski and Mike Ditka.

It sucks that it will no longer come on Sundays.

The new hosts part would not bother me at all. Anytime there is less Chris Berman on my TV it's better. However, ESPN managed to replace Berman with the only person more annoying than him: Stuart Scott. Touche, you sons of bitches.

NBC has EXCLUSIVE rights to ALL NFL highlights (in terms of a highlight show) until midnight eastern time (when their game is over) . It would make NFL primetime have to come on at midnight, making the highlights old, since the NBC show would have already done them. It's a sin..

Archived