Did You know The last team to shut out the Colts?

CapeCoralJetFan

youve got to be kiddin me...

not even a little

that was the last game ever on the grass trays

the Jets were a much slower team and had learned by that time the only way to win was to run flat footed on the horrible surface - almost like you were running on mud or ice.

the Colts were a precsion team a turf team and were floundering around on what was probably the worst playoff surface for 20 years

they complained to the league and the field turf came in the next season

check the tape again if you don't believe me

Do they complain every year they get booted from the playoffs? There was this issue with the trays. Then when the Pats beat them up, they complained about the physicality of the DB's and the rules were enforced a lot more. What was it last year or did they finally just say "ok, we lost, time to move on"?

Bunch of whiners when things don't go their way.

Do they complain every year they get booted from the playoffs? There was this issue with the trays. Then when the Pats beat them up, they complained about the physicality of the DB's and the rules were enforced a lot more. What was it last year or did they finally just say "ok, we lost, time to move on"?

Bunch of whiners when things don't go their way.

Last year Peyton and the media just blamed the offensive line. "I don't want to point fingers but, there were protection problems" ie., it's not my fault, blame my stupid O-line, all of em, they suck. Maybe next year we won't allow rushing the passer!

The Jets have a way better chance of beating the Colts than the Pats have of beating the Bengals. The Pats are going to absolutely get slaughtered, I will watch with glee.

Let's put it this way, although the Colts will be favored, it wouldn't surprise me if the Jets pulled off an "upset". Hey, I only figured the Jets to win 4, maybe 5 games! Maybe we had more "character" guys then we thought & Mangini & company have a leg up. Maybe after 8 games, I may have to rethink my Jets win forcast. I like the way our CS is approaching games. We may not know what they are doing (but the other team is guessing too) It's not like when Herm was here & everyone, even everyone's grandmother, who don't know what a football is knows what the next play is going to be....

Last year Peyton and the media just blamed the offensive line. "I don't want to point fingers but, there were protection problems" ie., it's not my fault, blame my stupid O-line, all of em, they suck. Maybe next year we won't allow rushing the passer!

The Jets have a way better chance of beating the Colts than the Pats have of beating the Bengals. The Pats are going to absolutely get slaughtered, I will watch with glee.

That's true, but I watched that game. A trained donkey would know there were protection problems. Herm Edwards would have noticed.

Yep! That's right! The NY Jets....... Jan. 1st, 2003

History sometimes repeats.....

January 4th, as a matter of fact. I still have my stub. :wink: The Stadium was electric. Good times. :)

I remember after I came home and saw the highlights on the news (Chad to Coles) the newscaster said, "Chad! It's not that easy!" Hehehe.

Peyton ought to stop whining about how the media hits into him because he folds in the PO's and can't win the Big One. Well, er, he um, does fold in the Playoffs and he hasn't won the Big One. H-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-o....

I had great fun predicting right after the Colts had won their 9th straight during the regular season that he'd choke first game in, "just you wait and see". Nobody believed me. HAH. GO JETS!

January 4th, as a matter of fact. I still have my stub. :wink: The Stadium was electric. Good times. :)

I remember after I came home and saw the highlights on the news (Chad to Coles) the newscaster said, "Chad! It's not that easy!" Hehehe.

Peyton ought to stop whining about how the media hits into him because he folds in the PO's and can't win the Big One. Well, er, he um, does fold in the Playoffs and he hasn't won the Big One. H-e-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-l-o....

I had great fun predicting right after the Colts had won their 9th straight during the regular season that he'd choke first game in, "just you wait and see". Nobody believed me. HAH. GO JETS!

Yeah you're right, Jan. 4th, Don't know what I was thinking. I got my stub out. For that game, I was in Sec. 120, row 33, seat 25. We had a great view of Ritchie Anderson going up the left sideline for the TD.

The Colts couldn't do anything right that day.

Yeah you're right, Jan. 4th, Don't know what I was thinking. I got my stub out. For that game, I was in Sec. 120, row 33, seat 25. We had a great view of Ritchie Anderson going up the left sideline for the TD.

That was an ass-whoopin. I couldn't have happened to a better team!

Peyton=choke

Cape Coral, good point! Lets make a list of all the players on the roster currently that played in that game:

Chad Pennington...

(First post from Wall St)

Not many...

There are 7 if you want to count Curtis Martin. There are 6 without him.

Chris Baker, Laveranues Coles, James Dearth, Shaun Ellis, Chad Pennington, & Bryan Thomas.

^Sweet. All those fabulous January dates blend together. January 12, 1969... :)

Archived