Pennington makes Jets look better.

quietjets

I have to chime in on Chad in general here, why a lot of naysayers, in my opinion, were overlooking some amazingly obvious facts.

1) "He doesn't have an arm."

As IF an "arm" is the only thing that constitutes a great QB for starters.

2) "He sucks, because he doesn't have an arm."

See #1.

3) "He doesn't have an arm, he sucks, and he's made of glass."

See #1, but add to it that getting hurt is an occupational hazard of the game. The Buffalo header, a tard move, I know; but it doesn't negate the rest. The Giants pre-season injury, bad luck. Last year, fact remains he should NOT have been out there, but being made of glass is not why his shoulder went. It would have happened to ANYONE had their arm been pinwheeling and stopped in arc.

I agree with you; I haven't really complained about him not having an arm. I just can't trust him because of Oakland in '02 (first real playoff taste, because Indy embarassed themselves), and Pittsburgh in '04. Of course he has had the games like Indy '02 and San Diego '04, but if you factor in the New England games, he just has problems showing up in games that matter.

Turns out that Chad had some "clicking" in his shoulder since college, so with PROPER HEALING, which he has NOW HAD, we can be treated to the QB we NEVER knew. He has newfound mojo, newfound confidence, is doing some Little Grasshopper moves, has found his Center (double entendre).

Yeah, but can he stay healthy? And even if it properly heal(s/ed), how weakened was it by two surgeries? He's looked great on the deep ball so far, but can he keep it up?

His career was put in jeopardy last year, which I'll never get over, but it is testament to how dedicated he is to his calling. One of his biggest intangibles is his leadership qualities. He commands the respect of his team, he did indeed walk the walk, the team responds to him, they believe in him. He is a Warrior, no question.
Last year was a joke. And I know he does all that, but it's a matter of whether or not he can deliver on the field to go with it.

Saying if Chad goes down all is lost?
There isn't much to lose; I'm still not getting my hopes up on this season.

Things should STILL not have been as bad as they were last season, decimated by injury though we were. But look at that in context as to the here and now under our new regime. Are the Steelers the Steelers without Roethlisberger? Are the Bengals the Bengals without Palmer? As if the repercussions of losing your leader would be exclusive only to the Jets? Be real.
Agreed.

Candy-coated post, overly optimistic? So freakin' what. Things are on the upswing right now, and it seems a wasted enterprise to stare down the barrel of a gun when I don't have to. What's the point?! Rain on my own parade, what the hell for? I'm so sick of that. Like I said in a different thread, we're all gonna die, that's a definite. Chad's going down? Indefinite, and for today, I'm good with that.

I'm cautiously optimistic, I just don't want to be let down on this season after getting my hopes up, so until it's deeper into the season I don't judge the team's wild card chances or Pennington's overall performance and value. Honestly, I really am being optimistic, I just don't want to get all rah-rah yet.

P.S.: The Dolphins, however, are the Dolphins without Culpepper. HAH.

:yahoo:

The final book has yet to be written about Pennington.

There was once a QB in New York who could never stay healthy the first couple of years of his career. Broken Thumb, Shoulder problems, etc. People wondered aloud if this guy would ever be healthy enough to reach his potential.

Well the guy finally managed to stay healthy eventually leading his team to a Super Bowl title.

That QB was Phil Simms.

Now I'm not saying Pennington's career will end up being like Simmss' but all those talk about WHEN is borderline stupid.

Let the guy play Jets fans.

if I was a Pats fan I'd be a little more concerned about MY QB's CURRENT condition.Now I know Tex will want to cite this stat or that to make his arguments but all that nonsense doesn't address what's going on NOW September 30 2006-YOUR QB is battling health issues like a shoulder and that groin which are causing him to throw way high especially on throws going from right to left.Add to that the weakest WR corps in the league-but what do I know...ask the fat kid with glasses in his cellar...Tex like the Great Wizard Of Oz he sees and knows ALL............

That says it all about PennyBoy.

Nice feel good story but the guy can't get it done on the field against good teams.

End of story right there.

The problem is all inside your head, she said to me

The answer is easy if you take it logically

Id like to help you in your struggle to be free

There must be fifty ways to leave your lover

She said its really not my habit to intrude

Furthermore, I hope my meaning wont be lost or misconstrued

But Ill repeat myself at the risk of being crude

Fifty ways to leave your lover

Just slip out the back, jack

Make a new plan, stan

You dont need to be coy, roy

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, gus

You dont need to discuss much

Just drop off the key, lee

And get yourself free

Make a new plan, stan

Just listen to me <-----------

Hop on the bus, gus

And get yourself free

She said it grieves me so to see you in such pain

I wish there was something I could do to make you smile again

I said I appreciate that and would you please explain

About the fifty ways

She said why dont we both just sleep on it tonight

And I believe in the morning youll begin to see the light

And then she kissed me and I realized she probably was right

Fifty ways to leave your lover

Make a new plan, stan

Just get yourself free

Hop on the bus, gus

And get yourself free

You just slip out the back, jack

Make a new plan, stan

Just listen to me <------------

Hop on the bus, gus

And get yourself free

Look on the bright side, Tex. On November 11, when the Jets beat the Pats.

Don't you clowns get tired of "predicting the Jets will beat the Pats"?

You've said the exact same thing for the last 4 years when the Jets have played the Pats.

The trend will not change anytime soon.

The Jets are not that good of a football team.

Don't you clowns get tired of "predicting the Jets will beat the Pats"?

You've said the exact same thing for the last 4 years when the Jets have played the Pats.

The trend will not change anytime soon.

The Jets are not that good of a football team.

And Herman Edwards was the HC the last 4 years.

Things change. Pepperidge Farms remembers.

I'm just amazed that Chad has had any success without a running game to speak of. We may not see a single back get 100+ yards in single game this season.

I'm already looking forward to when the Jets have a threat at RB and the O-Line jells. How good will Chad look then?

Archived