Pennington makes Jets look better.

quietjets

I cant wait to see what will happen to Jets when Pennington is down and out(knocks on wood)...I like to see how Mangini manages the Pennington-less team...

Under Edwards' (Sorry to mention his name) term, Pennington played well when healthy for Edwards but team went sour fast as Pennington struggled to stay healthy for a whole single season.

Jets could not play well without Pennington.. Hope Mangini solves this problem..

That would be a big PLUS if Pennington played a 16 games season regardless the team record.

I cant wait to see what will happen to Jets when Pennington is down and out(knocks on wood)...I like to see how Mangini manages the Pennington-less team...

Under Edwards' (Sorry to mention his name) term, Pennington played well when healthy for Edwards but team went sour fast as Pennington struggled to stay healthy for a whole single season.

Jets could not play well without Pennington.. Hope Mangini solves this problem..

That would be a big PLUS if Pennington played a 16 games season regardless the team record.

Real Jets fans would not say stupid **** like that...:Cuss:

Anger has nothing to do with it. He stated the obvious. why would anyone say "I can't wait to see what Mangini will do WHEN Chad goes down".???

Not that I want it to be happened but I want to know how well will Mangini handle this critical situation because Edwards could not.. If Mangini cant then Jets will be in a vast trouble.

I am not sold on Mangini just yet.

I agree that without Chad the Jets would struggle at this point in the season. However once the OL gets in sync and the running game starts producing they will rely on Chad less, imo. But the difference is the Jets will not go into a hole without Chad. They will fight it out with or without him and even win some games. Where as when Herm was the coach they would just look awful and give up.

Peyton Manning makes the Colts look better.

Tom Brady makes the Pats look better.

Carson Palmer makes the Bengals look better.

Steve McNair makes the Ravens look better.

Matt Hasselbeck makes the Seahawks look better.

And Herm Edwards makes the Chiefs look worse. Amazing.

Yeah..What would happen to the Pat's without Brady..The Seahawks without Hassleback..the Colts without Manning..really dude..your point is????

you know what gets me is Garb gave me hell for even suggesting (jokingly I might add) that Vinny will be the QB up there saying I was wishing an injury on Brady (which I would never do) and here it is 2 days in a row supposed JETS FANS are talking as if Chad is going to get hurt-not if, WHEN...take that garbage somewhere else with the rest of the idiot glass-half-empty crowd

you know what gets me is Garb gave me hell for even suggesting (jokingly I might add) that Vinny will be the QB up there saying I was wishing an injury on Brady (which I would never do) and here it is 2 days in a row supposed JETS FANS are talking as if Chad is going to get hurt-not if, WHEN...take that garbage somewhere else with the rest of the idiot glass-half-empty crowd

Those are the naysayers and experts who were calling for scrubs like Ramsey or a not yet ready Clemens to be our QB.

Bottom line is the Jets have always played well with Pennington healthy. Always.

Right now he is back to performing at a top 10-15 level QB, possibly better but I won't make that call after three games just yet.

I believe TX stated Pennington wouldn't get a sniff on the open market while some of our own fans said he'd be a career back up once we release him.

Wonder how those opinions would play out now.

Injuries are part of football but Jet fans who have watched how hard Pennington has worked to come back should be in his corner rather than posting injury prediction threads.

Pats fans who don't suffer from OCD should at the least respect his efforts.

Those are the naysayers and experts who were calling for scrubs like Ramsey or a not yet ready Clemens to be our QB.

Bottom line is the Jets have always played well with Pennington healthy. Always.

Right now he is back to performing at a top 10-15 level QB, possibly better but I won't make that call after three games just yet.

I believe TX stated Pennington wouldn't get a sniff on the open market while some of our own fans said he'd be a career back up once we release him.

Wonder how those opinions would play out now.

Injuries are part of football but Jet fans who have watched how hard Pennington has worked to come back should be in his corner rather than posting injury prediction threads.

Pats fans who don't suffer from OCD should at the least respect his efforts.

I'm still not sold on him. Coming into the season, I didn't think he'd be starting (injury) and didn't think he'd be effective if he was because of 2 arm/shoulder surgeries. I came into the season with zero hope for the quarterback situation, and began to despise Pennington for giving me false hope in the past. Oh, sure, I was rooting for him to do good and prove me wrong, but I felt that there was no way that was happening.

Now I'm afraid he's going to turn his back on me by getting hurt, or that he will carry this team towards a WC birth and then choke it away in week 16 or 17 by having a horribly bad game... or getting hurt.

I'm still not sold on him. Coming into the season, I didn't think he'd be starting (injury) and didn't think he'd be effective if he was because of 2 arm/shoulder surgeries. I came into the season with zero hope for the quarterback situation, and began to despise Pennington for giving me false hope in the past. Oh, sure, I was rooting for him to do good and prove me wrong, but I felt that there was no way that was happening.

Now I'm afraid he's going to turn his back on me by getting hurt, or that he will carry this team towards a WC birth and then choke it away in week 16 or 17 by having a horribly bad game... or getting hurt.

That may still happen, but would you rather Ramsey choke it away in week 5 or 6 with a horribly bad game? False hope is better than no hope at all. Let him give us what he's got. If it's only 3 weeks that's still better than none.

I'm a firm believer that starting Clemens too early could stunt his growth, so to me that's not an option. I didn't see anything in preseason to make me think he was ready.

Yeah..What would happen to the Pat's without Brady..The Seahawks without Hassleback..the Colts without Manning..really dude..your point is????

Obviously, Pennington is nowhere near to all aforementioned qbs in "mr reliable" category...

Forget other teams... Focus on Pennington and Jets.... Jets have a nasty habit of relying on Pennington. Without Pennington, Jets plummet quicker than the Titanic..

I am not ready to say that Mangini and Schottenheimer are the answers to Jets' woe just yet..

View the Jets 24/7 Chad video at www.newyorkjets.com.

That's all I got to say about this thread.

if you're a Jets fan you can't help but love this kid...I've been thinking about that MNF game a couple of years ago against Oakland I believe Teddy C was still our (inept) DC and during the breaks they would have certain players come on and say Hey I'm Randy Moss and this is MY Monday Night-Chad came on and said I'm Chad Pennington and this is THE JETS' Monday night-it spoke volumes to me about the man

if you're a Jets fan you can't help but love this kid...I've been thinking about that MNF game a couple of years ago against Oakland I believe Teddy C was still our (inept) DC and during the breaks they would have certain players come on and say Hey I'm Randy Moss and this is MY Monday Night-Chad came on and said I'm Chad Pennington and this is THE JETS' Monday night-it spoke volumes to me about the man

Yes, you can help but love him. It's easy.

Chad has fought back from two career threatening operations and is a loyal and by all accounts seems like a regular sincere person without actually knowing him. You have to root for someone like that unless you want to root for the nasty selfish type of players that are around in all sports.

why don't you watch the video-because if you did you'd actually know what it was about-which wasn't highlights 117...contempt prior to investigation...
Then if it is showing what a nice guy he, what a team player he is, how he is a leader, etc... I still don't care. If you can't get it done on the field, if you can't stay healthy on the field, you mean nothing to me as far as football goes. I want him to do good, obviously, but I don't have faith in him to do so. I'm not passing judgment on him until the season (or his season) is over because he has looked good like this in the past just to kick the Jets fan base in the balls.

Assuming his shoulder really has healed well, and he's been able to re-build the muscle around his shoulder, Penny shouldn't be more injury prone than any other QB. Whether he has or not is an open question; I guess we'll find out.

That said, we have to be realistic about one thing...Penny most likely won't last as long as many other QB's. When you've taken a couple of injuries to your shoulder like that, it becomes more vunerable to wear. It will probably shorten his career somewhat.

But then again, so could about a dozen other things.

Then if it is showing what a nice guy he, what a team player he is, how he is a leader, etc... I still don't care. If you can't get it done on the field, if you can't stay healthy on the field, you mean nothing to me as far as football goes. I want him to do good, obviously, but I don't have faith in him to do so. I'm not passing judgment on him until the season (or his season) is over because he has looked good like this in the past just to kick the Jets fan base in the balls.

Maybe he kicked you in the balls, but he never kicked me. As long as he plays well when he's out there and doesn't miss games for BS injuries I have no problem with the man. When he gets slammed like he did the last two years, I feel bad for him, not me. The problem is that you don't want an injury prone guy having such a huge contract. That's not on him it's on the (prior) FO. In fact, he was nice enough to continually restructure his deal for the benefit of the team.

I have to chime in on Chad in general here, why a lot of naysayers, in my opinion, were overlooking some amazingly obvious facts.

1) "He doesn't have an arm."

As IF an "arm" is the only thing that constitutes a great QB for starters.

2) "He sucks, because he doesn't have an arm."

See #1.

3) "He doesn't have an arm, he sucks, and he's made of glass."

See #1, but add to it that getting hurt is an occupational hazard of the game. The Buffalo header, a tard move, I know; but it doesn't negate the rest. The Giants pre-season injury, bad luck. Last year, fact remains he should NOT have been out there, but being made of glass is not why his shoulder went. It would have happened to ANYONE had their arm been pinwheeling and stopped in arc.

Turns out that Chad had some "clicking" in his shoulder since college, so with PROPER HEALING, which he has NOW HAD, we can be treated to the QB we NEVER knew. He has newfound mojo, newfound confidence, is doing some Little Grasshopper moves, has found his Center (double entendre).

His career was put in jeopardy last year, which I'll never get over, but it is testament to how dedicated he is to his calling. One of his biggest intangibles is his leadership qualities. He commands the respect of his team, he did indeed walk the walk, the team responds to him, they believe in him. He is a Warrior, no question.

Saying if Chad goes down all is lost? Things should STILL not have been as bad as they were last season, decimated by injury though we were. But look at that in context as to the here and now under our new regime. Are the Steelers the Steelers without Roethlisberger? Are the Bengals the Bengals without Palmer? As if the repercussions of losing your leader would be exclusive only to the Jets? Be real.

Candy-coated post, overly optimistic? So freakin' what. Things are on the upswing right now, and it seems a wasted enterprise to stare down the barrel of a gun when I don't have to. What's the point?! Rain on my own parade, what the hell for? I'm so sick of that. Like I said in a different thread, we're all gonna die, that's a definite. Chad's going down? Indefinite, and for today, I'm good with that.

pennington.jpg

"It's a privilege for the world to kiss my ass."

kungfudoyouhear.jpg

"Yes, Little Grasshopper."

P.S.: The Dolphins, however, are the Dolphins without Culpepper. HAH.

There is no reason to start talking about a possible injury to Chad. He's playing well and to look on the downside of things all the time and to look foward to a possibly horrible end of the season (Chad going down) at a time when we're 2-1, is stupid.

Then if it is showing what a nice guy he, what a team player he is, how he is a leader, etc... I still don't care. If you can't get it done on the field, if you can't stay healthy on the field, you mean nothing to me as far as football goes.

That says it all about PennyBoy.

Nice feel good story but the guy can't get it done on the field against good teams.

End of story right there.

That says it all about PennyBoy.

Nice feel good story but the guy can't get it done on the field against good teams.

End of story right there.

how did NE do against Miami with the great Matt Cassell at the helm?Miami wasn't even a .500 team at the time...We'll talk again Sunday night when the Patriots lose to Cincy and the Jets are and their crappy QB are in first place -alone...

how did NE do against Miami with the great Matt Cassell at the helm?Miami wasn't even a .500 team at the time.

Are you really that dumb?

You reference a game when ALL the Pats starters were being rested for the playoffs? And because the Pats easily won the AFCE so early, that dam game didn't mean a thing.

What's next? Referencing all the Jets great wins during the pre season?

Are you really that dumb?

You reference a game when ALL the Pats starters were being rested for the playoffs? And because the Pats easily won the AFCE so early, that dam game didn't mean a thing.

What's next? Referencing all the Jets great wins during the pre season?

Pats are 4-8 in their last 12 games against teams with a winning record.

Now STFU.

Archived