Evaluations on ...

4HCrew

Kimo and Drob? I think most of you know what I think. Kimo was brought in to be a stop gap, leader and mentor to others. D Rob is just out of position and not doing all that much except a play here and there.

Other than 2 decent plays yesterday, DFat was invisible.

Kimo was a stop gap guy that unfortunately so far is really being picked on. A number of times teams are running to his side and picking up good gains that I have noticed and I am not watching him all the time obviously.

Kimo has been terrible. DRob actually made several good penetration plays, but he still isn't doing what a NT is supposed to do. Clog up the middle.

And forget this crap about we should be playing a 4-3. Kimo is a 3-4 guy, he just got old all of a sudden after a good year last year. And Drob never was the 3 technique guy in the 4-3 that he was supposed to be. We would be no better in the 4-3, so Mangini is correct in staying with what will be our future. The future will just involve some different players.

robertson was totally out of gas during last two colt td drives. in those final 8 minutes, he could hardly stand at the LOS. i'm not kidding...i was at the game, and between snaps he was literally laying on his side like an injured horse.

maybe they should put him down and collect the insurance money. seriously...drob is not conditioned and is overmatched.

robertson was totally out of gas during last two colt td drives. in those final 8 minutes, he could hardly stand at the LOS. i'm not kidding...i was at the game, and between snaps he was literally laying on his side like an injured horse.

maybe they should put him down and collect the insurance money. seriously...drob is not conditioned and is overmatched.

Not conditioned? He played the whole game. Personally, I didn't see Rashad Moore at all. That surprised me. Did he play and I didn't notice, was he inactive or did he have limited plays? Nobody plays that position all day without getting tons of rest. You people really expect the dude to take on the center and two guards every play and not be gassed? That's insane.

dude (dudette?)...were you at the game? did you see him laying on his side like an equine laced with colic? he was unable to put pressure on pure passing situations in the final drive. i'm not blaming a single defensive player...just stating what i witnessed.

I'm a dude.:) Don't have to be at the game to know that a guy playing almost every down at NT against the no huddle Colts should be gassed. Why didn't they rest him? You're putting the guy down for giving his all on the field at a spot where every team rotates.

As a result of this thread just rewatched the Colts final scoring drive.

During the drive there were two time outs. First the two min warning after the first play of the drive They went to commercial so I couldn't see what Robinson did at that time.

The second time out the Jets took shortly before the TD. The camera stayed on the field so it was possible to see what Robinson did during the time out.

He stayed on his feet.

At the time the camera came to the line of scrimmage before every play. Robinson was on his feet. Due to the fact that the Colts were running a no huddle there was no time for him to even take a knee. On one play he briefly took a knee when Manning stepped back from the LOS.

The only time he had a chance to rest on his side was during the first time out.

Unfortunally he didn't stay on his feet as well between the whistles. He was knocked off his feet 5 times during the drive and was totally ineffective.

As a result of this thread just rewatched the Colts final scoring drive.

During the drive there were two time outs. First the two min warning after the first play of the drive They went to commercial so I couldn't see what Robinson did at that time.

The second time out the Jets took shortly before the TD. The camera stayed on the field so it was possible to see what Robinson did during the time out.

He stayed on his feet.

At the time the camera came to the line of scrimmage before every play. Robinson was on his feet. Due to the fact that the Colts were running a no huddle there was no time for him to even take a knee. On one play he briefly took a knee when Manning stepped back from the LOS.

The only time he had a chance to rest on his side was during the first time out.

Unfortunally he didn't stay on his feet as well between the whistles. He was knocked off his feet 5 times during the drive and was totally ineffective.

Who the f*%k is Robinson?

Kimo and Drob? I think most of you know what I think. Kimo was brought in to be a stop gap, leader and mentor to others. D Rob is just out of position and not doing all that much except a play here and there.

The entire D-line is consistently bad.

Yes, every so often, somebody- Ellis, Rerun, Hamilton- makes a huge play. But overall, they are a sieve against the run.

Is it their fault or the linebackers fault? I don't know, but one thing I do know-

A piss poor run d (with the sole exception of the 2004 season) has been a constant on this team for the duration of Robertson and Ellis career. Those are two constants. That doesn't necessarily mean it's all their fault, but it is a coincidence.

Something has to change. You can't allow 160 yards rushing in a football.

Cant.

Kimo has been terrible. DRob actually made several good penetration plays, but he still isn't doing what a NT is supposed to do. Clog up the middle.

And forget this crap about we should be playing a 4-3. Kimo is a 3-4 guy, he just got old all of a sudden after a good year last year. And Drob never was the 3 technique guy in the 4-3 that he was supposed to be. We would be no better in the 4-3, so Mangini is correct in staying with what will be our future. The future will just involve some different players .

I have a hunch we will have an entirely different starting DL next season.

It's not scapegoating. The DL just isnt getting it done. Now, i thought that Moore was more active than some of the other dead weight, and I dont understand why he and Ball arent playing more, at least to roate some fresh bodies in there.

Next season we MUST have a bona fide NT and a better pass rusher from the outside. I'm sure the CS knows this and will plan accordingly in the off-season.

Two things -

Does Kimo need an actual NT to be playing next to him to be effective?

Where the F is C.J. Mosley?

Now you want to blame Robertson because Kimo sucks? Kimo isn't cutting it. The guards you think DRob isn't occupying can't be running out and obliterating Vilma and double teaming Kimo. You can only use the excuse once. Oh and another thing, Kimo is old.

Mosley is a 2nd year player that was a 6th round pick. He was going to be cut by the Vikings and I think he played a 4-3 last year with Cowart at MLB. He may be a little light for NT and is not going to be the answer. Best we can hope it that he'd be a rotation guy.

Now you want to blame Robertson because Kimo sucks? Kimo isn't cutting it. The guards you think DRob isn't occupying can't be running out and obliterating Vilma and double teaming Kimo. You can only use the excuse once. Oh and another thing, Kimo is old.

Mosley is a 2nd year player that was a 6th round pick. He was going to be cut by the Vikings and I think he played a 4-3 last year with Cowart at MLB. He may be a little light for NT and is not going to be the answer. Best we can hope it that he'd be a rotation guy.

Not blaming Robertson for anything there, chief. Take a deep breath. I'm not saying much new by saying DRob is not a NT, right.

Not blaming Robertson for anything there, chief. Take a deep breath. I'm not saying much new by saying DRob is not a NT, right.

No need to take a deep breath. I'm not all fired up. Not saying you blame Robertson for all the world's ills, but some do. Just saying, DRob can't be bad enough to take the blame for Vilma not touching a ball carrier until he's 5 yards deep and Kimo sucking. Kimo on the end and looks to be getting blown out. Did Rashad Moore play much this week?

Archived