Will the Bears go 19-0?

A lot of people around the NFL, mostly beat writers, are starting to claim that they believe the Bears have a very good shot at going undeffeated this season.

Do any of you think it'll happen?

Nope. I'm thinking 14-2 or 13-3.

Remember 2001? They went 13-3 and then got beat at home by the Eagles in the playoffs.

The NFC North sucks and their schedule is beyond easy.

Nope. I'm thinking 14-2 or 13-3.

Remember 2001? They went 13-3 and then got beat at home by the Eagles in the playoffs.

The NFC North sucks and their schedule is beyond easy.

The Bears in 2001 were coached by Dick Jauron, and their QB was Jim Miller.

OK, Grossman isn't THAT much better than Jim Miller, but Lovie Smith is a HUGE improvement on Dick Jauron. Add that to a defense reminiscent of 1985, AND as you said "their schedule is beyond easy", I see 15-1 or 16-0 as a REAL possibility for the Bears. What other team in the NFC challenges them?

The Bears in 2001 were coached by Dick Jauron, and their QB was Jim Miller.

OK, Grossman isn't THAT much better than Jim Miller, but Lovie Smith is a HUGE improvement on Dick Jauron. Add that to a defense reminiscent of 1985, AND as you said "their schedule is beyond easy", I see 15-1 or 16-0 as a REAL possibility for the Bears. What other team in the NFC challenges them?

They will not keep putting up 30-40 points a game. I think when they hit the road against the Giants/Jets/Pats they may hit some bumps in the road.

They beat the Pack easy on the road, but had a lot of trouble with the Vikes.

How will they do at the Meadowlands and Gillette?

They will not keep putting up 30-40 points a game. I think when they hit the road against the Giants/Jets/Pats they may hit some bumps in the road.

Did you just lump the Jets and Pats together in the same category as being "tough" road opponents? Wow, thanks Gainzo. :lol:

Did you just lump the Jets and Pats together in the same category as being "tough" road opponents? Wow, thanks Gainzo. :lol:

Nice try 80! Da Bears have a 3 week road trip. I must say that they should be pretty beat up by the time they arrive in Foxboro.

I'm more worried about our offense in that one. Like Mr T. said: "Prediction? Pain."

If there's ever a game to be worried about Pennington's health, it's that one.

Imagine Brian Urlacher & Lance Briggs coming at Pennington from the blind side?:character42:

Hey JC, does your hatred of the patsies overtake your hatred of the Fish? Sounds like they are now #1

Nope, not even close, but i have to come to despise Belichick for the complete scumbag he is as a person.

I'm not real keen on Putz fans; they are approaching Philly fans as the most bizarre ever. My inlaws are from Mass, so i have a pretty good idea about the arrogance of Mass people, having spent time up there. Obnoxiousness runs rampant up there, along with the phony accents.

If we only win two games all season, every season, I'd want them to be against the Mammals. That's where the real rivalry is at.

you're right on here gainzo........ the bears finesse defense will not be able to contain barlow and our powerful D will wear down the bears O.

I see the bears conceding the game in the 3rd quarter to get prepared for the pats game the following week.

dw10, thanks for posting clinic you put on for us re: homerism, I really think i'm gettin it downpat;)

They really do have an extremely easy schedule, the 3 road games in a row are the only challenge, and it's quite possible that they win all 3. If I'm Lovie, I tell them to treat those 3 games like the playoffs in order to get ready for the real thing. I still think they'll probably lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl though.

They really do have an extremely easy schedule, the 3 road games in a row are the only challenge, and it's quite possible that they win all 3. If I'm Lovie, I tell them to treat those 3 games like the playoffs in order to get ready for the real thing. I still think they'll probably lose in the playoffs or the Super Bowl though.

if i'm lovie, I take each game as it comes & not look past any team on the schedule. it's th enfl remember. only 16 games & everyone counts

Archived