How to coach defense 101

rajensen088

The Emperor (is wearing no clothes) Penguin could learn from real defensive coaches:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=162097

Great article. Mangini was a bad coach because he was young? It's a fluff piece, if I believed that I'd believe that Martin was going to come back and gain 1,000 yards this season. Could you imagine the NY media dealing with a coach named Pees? That's not a name it's a personal problem.

The Emperor (is wearing no clothes) Penguin could learn from real defensive coaches:

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=162097

You know rajensen, Mangini may turn out to be a JAG coach, we really don't know yet. At least he comes from a tree of great coaches who he is a desciple of. We do know that Herm was a JAG coach who came from the JAG coaching tree.

You know rajensen, Mangini may turn out to be a JAG coach, we really don't know yet. At least he comes from a tree of great coaches who he is a desciple of. We do know that Herm was a JAG coach who came from the JAG coaching tree.

more like a JAG coaching bush

**edit** sorry...couldnt help myself :P

Myth buster number two. Mangini does not come from a tree of great coaches who beget great coaches. He is from the Bellichek tree whose lineage includes all of two NFL coaches... Nick Saban and Eric Mangini, both of whom entered the NFL through Bill Bellichek when BB ran the Cleveland Browns into the ground. Romeo Crennel, and Charlie Weiss were from the Parcells tree and Bellichek inherited them from Parcells.

Mangini turned the Patriots into a 26th ranked defense, the worst showing of any Patriot defense in three decades. He is well on his way to equalling that record with the Jets.

Myth buster number two. Mangini does not come from a tree of great coaches who beget great coaches. He is from the Bellichek tree whose lineage includes all of two NFL coaches... Nick Saban and Eric Mangini, both of whom entered the NFL through Bill Bellichek when BB ran the Cleveland Browns into the ground. Romeo Crennel, and Charlie Weiss were from the Parcells tree and Bellichek inherited them from Parcells.

Wrong. Wrong. Once again a Jets fan is wrong. Don't you know that Bellichek is a Parcells guy from the Giants. Parcells hasnt been a good coach since Bellicheck ran his D. Just look what happend to your Jets. So Bellichecks tree, technically, is under Parcells.

Saban did not enter the NFL through Bellicheck either. Saban was an assistant coach in Houston in the late 80's.

Class is dismissed. GO FINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Did you see Belichick drawing up defenses on the sidelines during the Jets game..hahahaha..I NEVER saw him doing that when EM was running the 'D". last year and i saw alot of Pat's football being in CT..maybe Mr. Pees ain't working out..too bad..too sad. Where you at 88..it ain't too late..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I thought JAG stood for Judge Advocate General?

The defense has stunk for the most part this year. Part of it is the lack of talent on the defensive line, part of it is Mangini using the wrong schemes for these players.

The advantage of having an ex-Belly defensive coordinator is that he knows how to scheme against the Pats. Mangini knows the Patriot personnel so he gives us a much better chance to beat them than Herm Edwards ever did.

What I hope for Mangini is that as he grows and develops experience as a coach he becomes more flexible with his schemes. Right now it looks like the Jets are going to have a hard time drafting a Nose Tackle next year. However, if he uses four-man fronts there are some guys in free agency and the draft that could greatly help our defensive line.

Sign Dwight Freeney and draft Frank Okam. Use them in four man fronts with Ellis and Moore/Robertson.

Archived