PennyBoy Ranked As The 21st Best QB

PatsFanTX

Pennington is a good game manager with some nice recievers. He hasn't really shown much this year, asides a few nice throws early, that tell me this is OUR GUY.

His leadership, attitude, and work ethic are among the highest in the NFL, but that being said, I would love to see what Clemons or even Smith can do with the offense. I don't want them taking snaps THIS year, but come next year, I'm hoping for some healthy competition at the QB spot.

Should Chad stay healthy, he'd probably overlap the field in an even competition next year. At this point he is clearly head and shoulders above Clemons, Smith or Ramsey.

I said I was hoping for some healthy competition. In other words, if Chad is the best we can do next year, I will be slightly dissappointed.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy's fire and root for him as hard as I've ever rooted for any player to succeed, but I just keep getting dissappointed when he plays good teams.

The Jaguar game confirmed it for me.

Just throwing this out there. Chad Pennington is the 9th rated QB in this league with an inexperienced and banged up O-Line a rookie and journeymen as his featured backs, a rookie OC and HC, an inexperienced #2 receiver, and invisible TEs. Oh and he also plays with one of the 5 worst defenses in the league.

Spin that.

Just throwing this out there. Chad Pennington is the 9th rated QB in this league with an inexperienced and banged up O-Line a rookie and journeymen as his featured backs, a rookie OC and HC, an inexperienced #2 receiver, and invisible TEs. Oh and he also plays with one of the 5 worst defenses in the league.

Spin that.

And his 3 wins have come against bottom feeding teams in the league.

Against the 3 good teams he has played against, PennyBoy was true to form.

As usual, he came away with a loss.

Spin that.

And his 3 wins have come against bottom feeding teams in the league.

Against the 3 good teams he has played against, PennyBoy was true to form.

As usual, he came away with a loss.

Spin that.

Well if he had the weapons and protection that say Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer has, things may go differently. This is a team sport you know Tx, unlike what it is you do to yourself nightly.

this list has brett favre ahead of pennington

that should show this list is a joke

As much as i love pennington, i never thought i'd see the day where brett farve was less capable of leading a team to a W than him, but such is the case now. And lets be honest, take coles off this team, and give us a couple of small upgrades at rb, and youre looking at basically the exact same offense as in green bay.

Well if he had the weapons and protection that say Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer has, things may go differently. This is a team sport you know Tx, unlike what it is you do to yourself nightly.

Blah, blah, blah.

More excuses why it's never PennyBoy's fault he can't beat the good teams.

This has been his trend his entire career, not just this year.

He beats up (and pads his stats) against all the bottom-feeding teams in the league and fails miserably against good teams.

Blah, blah, blah.

More excuses why it's never PennyBoy's fault he can't beat the good teams.

This has been his trend his entire career, not just this year.

He beats up (and pads his stats) against all the bottom-feeding teams in the league and fails miserably against good teams.

He threw for 300+ against the Pats. Are they a bottom feeding team?

What about 2004?

He had a 1700 yard rusher.

4 players with over 40 catches and 5th with over 30.

His record against Top defenses: 1-5 His lone victory over Buffalo.

I can see now that injuries are not an excuse. It is weapons and protection.

He threw for 300+ against the Pats. Are they a bottom feeding team?

That's not hard to do when you are behind 24-0 and the other team is sitting back in a prevent defense.

Take away the two fluke plays where Coles and Cotchery did all the work, and PennyBoy ended the day by throwing for less than 200 yards.

Bottom line though, PennyBoy once again lost to a good team.

That's not hard to do when you are behind 24-0 and the other team is sitting back in a prevent defense.

Take away the two fluke plays where Coles and Cotchery did all the work, and PennyBoy ended the day by throwing for less than 200 yards.

Bottom line though, PennyBoy once again lost to a good team.

Take away two big plays from any QB's day and the remaining #'s always seem mediocre. Nobody throws for 20+ yds every completion, except Namath in that one game.

And if it is so easy, then why doesn't everyone do it every game? If it was so easy there would never be any blowout wins in the NFL. I'm not Chad's biggest fan nor do I despise him either; on some levels he's a very good QB & on other levels he holds the offense back b/c of his arm strength. But putting up a bunch of yards when the whole stadium, everyone watching on TV, and just maybe BB knows what's coming - it's still a good performance in my book. Bitch.

Take away two big plays from any QB's day and the remaining #'s always seem mediocre. Nobody throws for 20+ yds every completion, except Namath in that one game.

And if it is so easy, then why doesn't everyone do it every game? If it was so easy there would never be any blowout wins in the NFL. I'm not Chad's biggest fan nor do I despise him either; on some levels he's a very good QB & on other levels he holds the offense back b/c of his arm strength. But putting up a bunch of yards when the whole stadium, everyone watching on TV, and just maybe BB knows what's coming - it's still a good performance in my book. Bitch.

The only stat that matters for PennyBoy in that game is: L

I have been saying that for 4 years and have to defend myself from attacks. A Jets fan says it and it is POTW winner. Interesting.

Those two plays had three factors involved in them. They were two incredible efforts by C & C. There were incredibly poor tackles by the Patriots' defense. Chad threw the ball.

Those plays were made on legs of Coles and Cotchery. Chad had so little to do with those plays.

The bottomline is this. Chad was trailing 24-0 and had 105 yards passing deep into the third quarter. Coles and Cotchery made two excellent plays and padded Chad's stats and got the Jets back into the game.

Archived