College football Saturday

faba

They were talking about the all black uni's on ESPN saying they looked awesome. I think BC still wins minus the qb. Should be interesting with Rutgers I think Pitt is a little underrated and RU overrated.

I'm not a big fan of all black unis (remember the Ravens last year?).

RU game is on ESPN2 at 5:45 so I will be able to watch most of it after the BC game is over. This should be a good test for Rutgers to see if they are for real.

Jetcane you sure are loyal..dont worry Schiano is coming your way next year

I dont know about Schiano, but yeah, i dont miss Jets or Canes games.

It's also freeing up my TV to watch NU-UT

Hank goldberg reported today that Butch Davis "is very interested" in the job.

This might do it for Coker.

The brawl was the catalyst for a dominant performance by UM today against a very tough Duke team. I'm so proud of the team for overcoming adversity and quieting the naysayers.

Looks like the brawl really brought the team together. We played with a renewed sense of purpose, spirit and vigor. An incredible effort.

//sarc

The brawl was the catalyst for a dominant performance by UM today against a very tough Duke team. I'm so proud of the team for overcoming adversity and quieting the naysayers.

Looks like the brawl really brought the team together. We played with a renewed sense of purpose, spirit and vigor. An incredible effort.

//sarc

Are they going to wait until after the season to fire him?

//sarc

So what are your thoughts on the comments by the AD or whoever that women is? Something to the effect of her not letting the cold hard facts get in the way of her decision on not suspending these players for any additional games.

//sarc

At least it wasn't a home game.

No way Duke can come into the OB and disrespect the Canes like that.

Are they going to wait until after the season to fire him?

That's what they have said in not so many words.

So what are your thoughts on the comments by the AD or whoever that women is? Something to the effect of her not letting the cold hard facts get in the way of her decision on not suspending these players for any additional games.

She is the President- that's Donna Shalala, a/k/a "The Elf", a/k/a a former dept. head in the Clinton administration. A real politician, isnt she?

My take (there are many stronger negative views among most other Cane fans) is that unless she prefaces what she says and does by firing Coker, everything else is B.S., or at least irrelevant to me.

By not firing him, everything else she says to me is stronzo, and she should just STFU. Notice how the A.D. was not the one to go before the media--that may be a sign that he is on the way out, too.

That's what they have said in not so many words.

She is the President- that's Donna Shalala, a/k/a "The Elf", a/k/a a former dept. head in the Clinton administration. A real politician, isnt she?

My take (there are many stronger negative views among most other Cane fans) is that unless she prefaces what she says and does by firing Coker, everything else is B.S., or at least irrelevant to me.

By not firing him, everything else she says to me is stronzo, and she should just STFU. Notice how the A.D. was not the one to go before the media--that may be a sign that he is on the way out, too.

That is a load of ****e my man.

You are balming the AD?

The program is a mess.

That is a load of ****e my man.

You are balming the AD?

The program is a mess.

Re-read the post.

The woman who spoke is the Prez.

The AD wasnt seen.

The on- field problems with the football team are definitely coker's fault.

The AD must go, too, as he is the one responsible for giving Coker a hefty contract extension last year. It was completely unwarranted, and the buyout clause is preventing thim from firing Coker. If they finish out the season, the buyout $ will go down. The AD also screwed up the b-ball program, and is being sued by a former woman's volleyball coach.

Oh yeah, he needs to go, too!

Get rid of the cancers, and the prez doesnt even have to address the media. She just says, "We have made changes withing the football program and the Athletic department, and hope to put this regrettable brawl behind us, and move forward with new leadership."

Done

Re-read the post.

The woman who spoke is the Prez.

The AD wasnt seen.

The on- field problems with the football team are definitely coker's fault.

The AD must go, too, as he is the one responsible for giving Coker a hefty contract extension last year. It was completely unwarranted, and the buyout clause is preventing thim from firing Coker. If they finish out the season, the buyout $ will go down. The AD also screwed up the b-ball program, and is being sued by a former woman's volleyball coach.

Oh yeah, he needs to go, too!

Get rid of the cancers, and the prez doesnt even have to address the media. She just says, "We have made changes withing the football program and the Athletic department, and hope to put this regrettable brawl behind us, and move forward with new leadership."

Done

Get rid of the players mate.

Making the players ALONE the scape goat in this situation is very easy. But this event speaks to a LARGER problem than just the individuals involved in the brawl. Miami football needs change and a lot of it. And this won't be the last time we see problems like these at major football programs.

Making the players ALONE the scape goat in this situation is very easy. But this event speaks to a LARGER problem than just the individuals involved in the brawl. Miami football needs change and a lot of it. And this won't be the last time we see problems like these at major football programs.
\

It happens at the "U" more than anywhere else. Explain that.

How can a supposed sports fan make such a ridiculous statement.

As with the pros, you dont fire the players, you change managers.

Holy Cross and Dartmouth had a real bad fight last week. Was it all over the media? Of course not. No one cares about them. People care about talking about Miami football.

So everything that happens to them is magnified. That's cool with us, but we also know that most programs are truly dirtier than Miami. No one cares about them, though. That's cool too, as long as the team plays Miami football. This aint miami football. It's the coaches' fault, and the players they recruited and coached.

It's time for new men at the top, so we can get back to playing Miami football, and that gives a reason for people to continue to want to talk about Miami.

Archived