I Stole This.....

SoFlaJets

I can only speak for myself here boozer. leon washington has impressed the hell out me since 1st coming here & running the ball. To me, I 1st thought he was a nice change of pace back for us with his quickness & cutting abilities. sure, the naysayers preach that we play lousy teams & oline is improving, but I am excited about having leon in our backfield now. I've been watching football on tv since 1965 or so & the jets since 1968. I feel we got a real good running back in our backfield. You or anyone else is not gonna tell me any different about what i'm seeing nor are you gonna dampen my excitement about this years jets. I'm gonna ride with the hope & belief that we beat the pats in nov.

good or bad, thank you eric mangini for giving me hope & optimism at this very moment in my life

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You or anyone else is not gonna tell me any different about what i'm seeing nor are you gonna dampen my excitement about this years jets. I'm gonna ride with the hope & belief that we beat the pats in nov.

That's my point. I'm not trying to dampen your excitement. Nor am I any less excited than you. You have every right to wear your green glasses and think that magic is going to happen and we go on and win the SB. I don't think any less of you for it. Hell, I'm right there with you praying for it myself. Just the same, SoFla has no right to act as if he is holier than other Jets fans because he feels the same way. Some fans look at the team and see the weaknesses and try to figure ways that it can improve. That is the "glass half empty" guy in SoFla's world. Others just figure that ****ty players will become magical and float all over the field making plays. That's the "glass half full" mentality that SoFla feels Jets fans should have. If you don't then you're not a jets fan according to him.

Dude I'm 30 years old. Don't give me that crap. I do believe in my team just as much as anybody else, and I CERTAINLY root for them just as hard as you or anyone else. I'm just realistic enough to know that the team has flaws, MANY of them. The schedule is what is allowing this team to have a fairly successful season. That's the way the NFL goes sometimes, and that is a good thing for us. But seriously, get off your high and mighty horse. Calling out other jets fans and trying to say they are not a "true fan" is the lamest thoing you can do on a MB.

I'm not calling you a fan who isn't true what I'm saying to YOU Boozer is maybe you don't quite understand what it's like to actually PLAY the game-you're 30 when was the last time you actually played a game of football? not Madden not FF the real deal where you're hitting and tackling and sweating and fighting-I've played a lot of football and watched a lot more than you have

I feel we got a real good running back in our backfield. You or anyone else is not gonna tell me any different about what i'm seeing nor are you gonna dampen my excitement about this years jets.

He's had two friggn' decent games in his entire NFL career.

Exactly how does that translate into a "real good RB" for the Jets?

Wow.

Dude I'm 30 years old. Don't give me that crap. I do believe in my team just as much as anybody else, and I CERTAINLY root for them just as hard as you or anyone else. I'm just realistic enough to know that the team has flaws, MANY of them. The schedule is what is allowing this team to have a fairly successful season. That's the way the NFL goes sometimes, and that is a good thing for us. But seriously, get off your high and mighty horse. Calling out other jets fans and trying to say they are not a "true fan" is the lamest thoing you can do on a MB.

booz - the jets play every bad team in the league this year and they even play some of them twice. if they can beat one team with a winning record they have a legitimate shot at 10-11 wins. they have 9 games to fix some of the issues that you astutely point out . the run game has improved immensely since week 1; the defense still needs work. 9 games and a bye to improve.

you guys love him because he's quick to side with you on your Jets bashing-he's simply put a member of the glass-half-empty crew that there is way more of over at Jets Insider than here

Agreed

He writes well but is wrong and does tend to agree with the Pat trolls.

Still better then Warfish.

Wow.

so what are your feelings about maroney? i hope you don't think he will be a "real good rb" for the pats.

Laurence Maroney: 86 carries for 361 yards___4.2 ypc

Leon Washington: 71 carries for 346 yards___4.9 ypc

so what are your feelings about maroney? i hope you don't think he will be a "real good rb" for the pats.

Laurence Maroney: 86 carries for 361 yards___4.2 ypc

Leon Washington: 71 carries for 346 yards___4.9 ypc

Maroney has played the same amount of games as Washington.

Sure, he has great promise, but I'm not going to sit here and compare him to Emmitt Smith after 6 games in the NFL.

Let's see what he does over a full 16-game season.

Sure, he has great promise, but I'm not going to sit here and compare him to Emmitt Smith after 6 games in the NFL.

I don't think most Jet fans are Compareing him to Emmitt Smith, we are just excited about the possibility of how good he can be.

didn't we have this discussion in the Leon Washington threads?

Wow.

tx, I prefaced the statement by saying " I feel" which means it is only my opinion and its based on what I see with my eyes.

heres another example "I feel" that tx is a lowlife trolling gravy sucking pig who posts here for the sole purpose of annoying jetfans.

you see, its just my opinion.other jetfans from, lets say the florida region may have a different opinion & thats ok too ;)

tx, I prefaced the statement by saying " I feel" which means it is only my opinion and its based on what I see with my eyes.

heres another example "I feel" that tx is a lowlife trolling gravy sucking pig who posts here for the sole purpose of annoying jetfans.

you see, its just my opinion.other jetfans from, lets say the florida region may have a different opinion & thats ok too ;)

no we're pretty much all on the same page on this JW

Your opinion of me is much better than your opinion of Washington.

At least I have a consistent track record over a period of time.;)

I'm not calling you a fan who isn't true what I'm saying to YOU Boozer is maybe you don't quite understand what it's like to actually PLAY the game-you're 30 when was the last time you actually played a game of football? not Madden not FF the real deal where you're hitting and tackling and sweating and fighting-I've played a lot of football and watched a lot more than you have

That's pretty damn presumptuous of you. While i'm certain you have seen more football games than I have simply based on age, yes I did play alot of football when I was younger. Are you seriously insinuating that you are more knowledgeable on football simply based on your age? i've been an ravenous NY Jets fan since I was 12 years old. I don't miss games, whether in person or live. I've been a season tickeyt holder for 3 years. Assuming that you have more knowledge about football simply based on age is as assinine as me assuming you have no idea how to use a computer being that you are an old fart. Like I said before, your presumptuous holier than thou attitude is far more aggravating than a guy who posts about the FACT that our D is not currently strong enough to make us a serious contender for anything more than a playoff spot. And for the FACT that the only reason we are vying for a playoff spot is because of the FACT that we are playing quite a few crappy teams. With your attitude why even bother with the draft and free agency? Magical forces will take us to the SB every year.

That's pretty damn presumptuous of you. While i'm certain you have seen more football games than I have simply based on age, yes I did play alot of football when I was younger. Are you seriously insinuating that you are more knowledgeable on football simply based on your age? i've been an ravenous NY Jets fan since I was 12 years old. I don't miss games, whether in person or live. I've been a season tickeyt holder for 3 years. Assuming that you have more knowledge about football simply based on age is as assinine as me assuming you have no idea how to use a computer being that you are an old fart. Like I said before, your presumptuous holier than thou attitude is far more aggravating than a guy who posts about the FACT that our D is not currently strong enough to make us a serious contender for anything more than a playoff spot. And for the FACT that the only reason we are vying for a playoff spot is because of the FACT that we are playing quite a few crappy teams. With your attitude why even bother with the draft and free agency? Magical forces will take us to the SB every year.

yea I actually do think that since I am older and have seen and played more football that I know more about the game than you-where did I say we were going to the SB? Just another poster that Tex likes to call "realistic and not delusional" congrats B-76-you are the NUMBER ONE JETS FAN IN THE WORLD

yea I actually do think that since I am older and have seen and played more football that I know more about the game than you-where did I say we were going to the SB? Just another poster that Tex likes to call "realistic and not delusional" congrats B-76-you are the NUMBER ONE JETS FAN IN THE WORLD

You know what, for a supposedly older and wiser person you seriously act like a baby. Whhaaaaa, Pats fans post here, whaaaa Tx makes fun of my team, whhaaaa some Jets fans actually think the team is weak in areas, whaaa whaaaa whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The Jets head coach is 35 so there goes the age theory.

The Jets head coach is 35 so there goes the age theory.

No dude, don't you get it, SoFla knows more about football than Mangini. In fact he knows more than any NFL coach seeing as he is probably older than all of them. Go figure he's not leading an NFL team to multiple champioships. :banned:

No dude, don't you get it, SoFla knows more about football than Mangini. In fact he knows more than any NFL coach seeing as he is probably older than all of them. Go figure he's not leading an NFL team to multiple champioships. :banned:

This thread has great potential to stir up some crap.;)

Wow.

Brady has had a couple of decent seasons and 3 really good Super Bowls and you are always sniffing his jock. Over what? 3 good games. Please.

That's my point. I'm not trying to dampen your excitement. Nor am I any less excited than you. You have every right to wear your green glasses and think that magic is going to happen and we go on and win the SB. I don't think any less of you for it. Hell, I'm right there with you praying for it myself. Just the same, SoFla has no right to act as if he is holier than other Jets fans because he feels the same way. Some fans look at the team and see the weaknesses and try to figure ways that it can improve. That is the "glass half empty" guy in SoFla's world. Others just figure that ****ty players will become magical and float all over the field making plays. That's the "glass half full" mentality that SoFla feels Jets fans should have. If you don't then you're not a jets fan according to him.

fair enough boozer, as long as a jetfan is allowed to be optimistic without gettin bashed too hard, everything's cool with me. i'm lookin forward to sundays game but am really stoked about the pats game. realistically, we could get blown off the field like buffalo's 2nd game but I don't think so. More wishful thinkin than anything else, but I think we're gonna win it

You're quite vexed, aren't you?

He goes on a monthly tirade of bitching about Patsfans and anyone who actually says something that doesn't paint the Jets in a godly light. Go ahead, mention that our D isn't that good and he'll tell you what a sh*tty fan you are. He acts like a scorned woman on her period.

Archived