I Stole This.....

SoFlaJets

from SMC over at JI responding to YJF latest War And Peace ramblings and subsequent defending of...

It is completely irrelevant at week 8 if the Jets are or are not a good team. The only thing that matters is their record right now because they are a work in progress. That's what this whole season is about. Improving. The Jets are doing that exponentially in some areas and incrimentally in others. What this team is in week 8, barring injury, will not be what it is week 17.

We've all seen it. I love bringing up the 2001 Pats team who was 5-5 after 10 games and only beat 2 winning teams all season (Jets & Miami, whom they split the season series with). That team after week 17 was drastically improved over week 5. The same can be said for last year's Steelers who were also 5-5.

I'm not saying that the Jets are as good as those teams, but that we simply can't make proclemations as many of us are prone to do after 7 weeks when the Jets have been fortunate enough to be 4-3. Making progress and being successful in the win column is a God send.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
from SMC over at JI responding to YJF latest War And Peace ramblings and subsequent defending of...

It is completely irrelevant at week 8 if the Jets are or are not a good team. The only thing that matters is their record right now because they are a work in progress. That's what this whole season is about. Improving. The Jets are doing that exponentially in some areas and incrimentally in others. What this team is in week 8, barring injury, will not be what it is week 17.

We've all seen it. I love bringing up the 2001 Pats team who was 5-5 after 10 games and only beat 2 winning teams all season (Jets & Miami, whom they split the season series with). That team after week 17 was drastically improved over week 5. The same can be said for last year's Steelers who were also 5-5.

I'm not saying that the Jets are as good as those teams, but that we simply can't make proclemations as many of us are prone to do after 7 weeks when the Jets have been fortunate enough to be 4-3. Making progress and being successful in the win column is a God send.

It's a friggn' crime that YJF doesn't post here more often.

Max, if your Director of Marketing would get on her knees more often (like she claims to do), YJF would be posting here hourly.

YJF is an excellent poster.

That is what Belichick has always worked towards. Playing your best football in December and January.

It's a friggn' crime that YJF doesn't post here more often.

Max, if your Director of Marketing would get on her knees more often (like she claims to do), YJF would be posting here hourly.

personally I can do without him-go back and re-read his novels about each team before the season started and tell me again what an insightful smart fan he is....

you guys love him because he's quick to side with you on your Jets bashing-he's simply put a member of the glass-half-empty crew that there is way more of over at Jets Insider than here

YJF is rational which is a rare trait for some Jets fans.

Did he screw up on some of his team by team breakdowns? Yep.

Did ESPN, SI, CBS Sportsline, FOX, etc do the same? Yep.

personally I can do without him-go back and re-read his novels about each team before the season started and tell me again what an insightful smart fan he is....

YJF is a very intelligent football fan.

He is right more often than not (look how he was dead on predicting the Jets record the last 2 years).

You don't like him just because he doesn't wear the green-colored glasses and drink the green kool aid.

you guys love him because he's quick to side with you on your Jets bashing-he's simply put a member of the glass-half-empty crew that there is way more of over at Jets Insider than here

Come on SoFla.

YJF is very objective and always cites plenty of examples to back up his opinion.

Just because you like to ignore his facts, doesn't make him a "Jets basher".

Agree, 1000 words to state things that even the most casual Jets fan already knows.

His upcoming game break downs were great a couple of years ago though.

seriously it is painful reading YJF's novels...I cant look at a computer screen and read that crap...maybe if it was in a newspaper but not on the bright lights. It's like with him, warfish, and flowmax, i no longer need my ambien prescription

Sorry he isn't a homer doggy.

I'm thinking your take on the 2006 Jets is that there are no faults and the Super Bowl is yours for the taking :yawn:

Sorry he isn't a homer doggy.

I'm thinking your take on the 2006 Jets is that there are no faults and the Super Bowl is yours for the taking :yawn:

i'm not discussing the teams in this thread. I'm discussing the fact that certain posters are blatantly long winded and just want to show off their intro to lit 101 report card. None of these dudes can make a point without it being a 4 paragraph essay. Its kinda ridiculous.

i'm not discussing the teams in this thread. I'm discussing the fact that certain posters are blatantly long winded and just want to show off their intro to lit 101 report card. None of these dudes can make a point without it being a 4 paragraph essay. Its kinda ridiculous.

Don't read his posts then.

IMO: He is not showing off; just giving his opinion.

i think great is a little much. last i heard from warfish over here all he could discuss was how bad of a hire mangini was and what a great QB ramsey is.

That's what I recall as well.

As for YJF, I waited for others to respond to his posts so I could get the Cliff Notes version.

Damn I hate siding with Pats fans :Cuss: I mostly enjoy YJF's posts....He is very objective and is very inciteful.....Most hacks (myself included) just want everything to be just "peachy" in Jets land and think everything is going to be ok. They declare the Jets are the greatest after every win and want a new owner, GM, coach, and all players fined and fired after every loss.

BTW, what was the deal with Warfish calling out flowtrain, must have missed that one

here's an excellent reply from Johnny Johnson.....

Lets call a spade a spade. Most of the know it all, self proclaimed "objective" fans on this board, have been dead wrong regarding this team thus far.

You all know who you are, and your predictions, and feel for the team have been totally wrong so far, no need to beat a dead horse, for pages and pages, throughout the thread. It's really no big deal.

That said, we have a chance to make this season special, and the bonus/x factor, will be on whether the D can come together, and execute down the stretch. My only hope is that we prove the know it alls wrong, only by getting more acclimated and comfortable on D, playing to our abilities, and executing fundamentally, each week.

Lastly, many of these "objective" fans, were so sure, based on their own objectivity, of course, that the Jets had no chance this year, and were in for a very long rebuilding year. Mind you, that the season hadn't even begun, and many here were jumping ship, ripping the team, and maybe just afraid to get on board, but whatever the case, it doesn't matter.

Any year, an opportunity can present itself in this league, whether the fans expect it, or not. It doesn't matter what the fans think, or any other outside perception.

We have a big chance now, thanks in large part to Chad keeping us afloat, so lets see what the team can do with it.

Bottom Line: We have a chance, each and every week, from here on out, to execute better, and to focus entirely and only, on the given opponent.

Most importantly..........We have a chance.

So for now..........Just eat the crow, and hope that we keep serving it.

Lets go Jets

Here's a new guy gavinsdaddy on his 4th post

It is a crying shame that some of you actually consider yourself Jets fans. Its funny reading some of the posts. This team is 4-3 and everybody says we haven't beaten quality opponents. So please tell me what a quality opponent is? This is the National Football League, and to me every opponent presents some type of challenge. Last week, it was Roy Williams, the week before that, it was the Miami defense, who played very well against a good New England offense the week before. The Jets should actually be 5-2 if they could of hung on in the 4th Quarter against the Colts, and who knows if that momentum would have carried in to the Jacksonville game. Theoretically we could have been 6-1. However we are 4-3, and this is a good team. Chad Pennington is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game, and he is one of the main reasons why this team is where it is. All the stupid people that say Pennington can't throw deep, why don't you rewind your video back to college, when he was throwing deep patterns to Randy Moss, and the fact that he was the runner up for the Heisman Trophy. Half the people that talk about Pennington, have no idea what the hell there saying. Secondly, this defense will get better. Eventually they will adjust to this new 3-4 scheme, or they will have to revert to the old 4-3 because you can't give up 100 yard rushing games to mediocre backs. So this team will make a run at it, I gurantee that, and at the end of the day, we will see who is laughing. Last year is done, and the funny thing is, this team should win 11 games. Whoever picked them to finish 4-12, needs to have their head examined. This is the same team that last year was a perennial Super Bowl contender. This team is good and will only get better. #10 is back!!!

I posted some of these guys replies because they said what I would have wanted to say...not for nuthin but Pats fans seem to love it when Jets fans are "realistic" and justify the bashing we put up with from them every day -some good natured, some not at times.

The main reason I prefer JN to JI IS guys like YJF and all the other "objective" so-called glass-half-empty-crowd that disguise themselves everyday there AS Jets fans-have some friggin hope-proudly wear your green colored glasses-take a chance on hope and the unexpected and the unlikely.LOVE YOUR TEAM man-don't be afraid to be wrong-never again will I ever wish we would lose so we can get some draft pick-that was the most miserable week of my life as far as being a Jets fan.Reggie Bush who has less YPC than Leon Washington.

I hope the board doesn't mind me doing this cut and paste job but it pisses me off and I had to vent

I posted some of these guys replies because they said what I would have wanted to say...not for nuthin but Pats fans seem to love it when Jets fans are "realistic" and justify the bashing we put up with from them every day -some good natured, some not at times.

The main reason I prefer JN to JI IS guys like YJF and all the other "objective" so-called glass-half-empty-crowd that disguise themselves everyday there AS Jets fans-have some friggin hope-proudly wear your green colored glasses-take a chance on hope and the unexpected and the unlikely.LOVE YOUR TEAM man-don't be afraid to be wrong-never again will I ever wish we would lose so we can get some draft pick-that was the most miserable week of my life as far as being a Jets fan.Reggie Bush who has less YPC than Leon Washington.

I hope the board doesn't mind me doing this cut and paste job but it pisses me off and I had to vent

I don't mind the quotes and agree to an extent.....I am very excited with what the Jets have done so far....I predicted an 8-8 team this year. From the looks of it, I am wrong and very happy with that :) but I don't feel this is a superbowl team.....The defense is improving, but they are still giving up way to many points per game....Thanks to an easy schedule and relatively healthy team, the Jets are looking like a 10-6 team and I am loving every moment of it.

I don't mind the quotes and agree to an extent.....I am very excited with what the Jets have done so far....I predicted an 8-8 team this year. From the looks of it, I am wrong and very happy with that :) but I don't feel this is a superbowl team.....The defense is improving, but they are still giving up way to many points per game....Thanks to an easy schedule and relatively healthy team, the Jets are looking like a 10-6 team and I am loving every moment of it.

nobody's talking super bowl-not any single one of us.But come on man-all these guys talking about who we're gonna pick with our probable top 3 pick in next year's draft BEFORE ONE GAME WAS EVEN PLAYED goes too far in the opposite direction.You guys read that stuff too,now they're all "so happy" with what we're doing and showing but bottom line-they never really believed in anything except trying to prove how much they think they know about football. I've said it a hundred times since the draft BECAUSE I've been watching the game for 40 years now-anything can happen-including the Jets possibly beating the Patriots in November...

Here's a new guy gavinsdaddy on his 4th post

It is a crying shame that some of you actually consider yourself Jets fans. Its funny reading some of the posts. This team is 4-3 and everybody says we haven't beaten quality opponents. So please tell me what a quality opponent is? This is the National Football League, and to me every opponent presents some type of challenge. Last week, it was Roy Williams, the week before that, it was the Miami defense, who played very well against a good New England offense the week before. The Jets should actually be 5-2 if they could of hung on in the 4th Quarter against the Colts, and who knows if that momentum would have carried in to the Jacksonville game. Theoretically we could have been 6-1. However we are 4-3, and this is a good team. Chad Pennington is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game, and he is one of the main reasons why this team is where it is. All the stupid people that say Pennington can't throw deep, why don't you rewind your video back to college, when he was throwing deep patterns to Randy Moss, and the fact that he was the runner up for the Heisman Trophy. Half the people that talk about Pennington, have no idea what the hell there saying. Secondly, this defense will get better. Eventually they will adjust to this new 3-4 scheme, or they will have to revert to the old 4-3 because you can't give up 100 yard rushing games to mediocre backs. So this team will make a run at it, I gurantee that, and at the end of the day, we will see who is laughing. Last year is done, and the funny thing is, this team should win 11 games. Whoever picked them to finish 4-12, needs to have their head examined. This is the same team that last year was a perennial Super Bowl contender. This team is good and will only get better. #10 is back!!!

I think yjf is a great poster! I enjoy his longwindedness as well & though I may not always agree is reasoning always makes sense.

but mainly he is a respectful poster & never ever bashes another poster for his views. he is a class act.

I can't say that about this post I quoted. whoever picked the jets to go 4-12 should have their head examined? classless & hindsightful crap. sure as homers we wanted the jets to win, but a lot of smart posters had us 4 12 at best. nothing wrong with that either.

I think yjf is a great poster! I enjoy his longwindedness as well & though I may not always agree is reasoning always makes sense.

but mainly he is a respectful poster & never ever bashes another poster for his views. he is a class act.

I can't say that about this post I quoted. whoever picked the jets to go 4-12 should have their head examined? classless & hindsightful crap. sure as homers we wanted the jets to win, but a lot of smart posters had us 4 12 at best. nothing wrong with that either.

jw I didn't post this to bash anyone in particular just the mindset of so-called Jets fans-more so over there than here since last season I noticed.

jw I didn't post this to bash anyone in particular just the mindset of so-called Jets fans-more so over there than here since last season I noticed.

I know sfj, it was actually a good post up until the 4-12 comment which didn't bother me in the least.

I just wanted to point out that yjf \'s posting style would never include a comment like that & while longwinded, most always well thought out

I know sfj, it was actually a good post up until the 4-12 comment which didn't bother me in the least.

I just wanted to point out that yjf \'s posting style would never include a comment like that & while longwinded, most always well thought out

go over there jw and read it for yourself-it's titled The Jets Are Not A Good Team Yet....that says it all

go over there jw and read it for yourself-it's titled The Jets Are Not A Good Team Yet....that says it all

The only thing worse than a Pats fan is a Jets fan who tells others what they need to say or not say in order to be a "true fan".

Guess what, WE'RE NOT A GOOD TEAM YET!! Our D stinks and our running game is suspect at best. The funniest thing I've seen so far is guys like you proclaiming Leon Washington as the future after 2 friggin decent games. You've got to be kidding me!! I agree the kid has looked good so far and has promise, but for god's sakes let's see him for a season before claiming him to be ROY and the future RB for the Jets. Mewelde Moore had quite a few good games for MIN in the past couple years, much more than Leon has ever done against better D's. Should MIN proclaim him to be the future? Better yet, would you want him leading our rushing attack for the next 8 years?

So far the Jets have caught a couple breaks with their schedule. MIA, BUF, and DET were supposed to be half decent teams this year. They're not, and we netted 3 wins out of it. CLE was even supposed to be decent, they aren't either and we will probably beat them. We've got CLE, HOU, BUF, MIA, OAK, and GB on our remaining schedule. Between the teams we beat and the teams we will be facing, 10 of threm are the absolute worst teams in the NFL. That gives us a legitimate shot to get in the playoffs, which I really hope we do. But when our D, OL, and RB faces a playoff caliber team they will be blown out of the water.

We are by no means a BAD team, but in no way, shape, or form are we a good team yet. We are right in the middle of the pack which is a hell of an accomplishment by our FO and players. I'm proud of that because I have no doubt that with a bad coach such as Herm, we'd be winless or maybe have 1 win.

As to YJF, his posts are a bit too winded for me. But to say he is not a Jets fan is ludicrous, and only serves to show how ridiculously unrealistic guys like you can be while wearing your green glasses.

The only thing worse than a Pats fan is a Jets fan who tells others what they need to say or not say in order to be a "true fan".

Guess what, WE'RE NOT A GOOD TEAM YET!! Our D stinks and our running game is suspect at best. The funniest thing I've seen so far is guys like you proclaiming Leon Washington as the future after 2 friggin decent games. You've got to be kidding me!! I agree the kid has looked good so far and has promise, but for god's sakes let's see him for a season before claiming him to be ROY and the future RB for the Jets. Mewelde Moore had quite a few good games for MIN in the past couple years, much more than Leon has ever done against better D's. Should MIN proclaim him to be the future? Better yet, would you want him leading our rushing attack for the next 8 years?

So far the Jets have caught a couple breaks with their schedule. MIA, BUF, and DET were supposed to be half decent teams this year. They're not, and we netted 3 wins out of it. CLE was even supposed to be decent, they aren't either and we will probably beat them. We've got CLE, HOU, BUF, MIA, OAK, and GB on our remaining schedule. Between the teams we beat and the teams we will be facing, 10 of threm are the absolute worst teams in the NFL. That gives us a legitimate shot to get in the playoffs, which I really hope we do. But when our D, OL, and RB faces a playoff caliber team they will be blown out of the water.

We are by no means a BAD team, but in no way, shape, or form are we a good team yet. We are right in the middle of the pack which is a hell of an accomplishment by our FO and players. I'm proud of that because I have no doubt that with a bad coach such as Herm, we'd be winless or maybe have 1 win.

As to YJF, his posts are a bit too winded for me. But to say he is not a Jets fan is ludicrous, and only serves to show how ridiculously unrealistic guys like you can be while wearing your green glasses.

maybe you are too young and haven't seen many good Jets teams or Namath running off the field with his index finger in the air to know how great that felt-or maybe it's the world you grew up in-one I'm glad I didn't have to,where it's better to play Madden football than to play it in school or on the streets,mall parking lots and playgrounds.I feel sorry for you guys-keep NOT believing in the anything can happen-and guess what Boozer-it won't

The funniest thing I've seen so far is guys like you proclaiming Leon Washington as the future after 2 friggin decent games. You've got to be kidding me!!

Booz, did you catch where SJ and assmop have proclaimed Leon Washington to be a BETTER RB than Emmitt Smith?

Amazing how they see that after two games.

maybe you are too young and haven't seen many good Jets teams or Namath running off the field with his index finger in the air to know how great that felt-or maybe it's the world you grew up in-one I'm glad I didn't have to,where it's better to play Madden football than to play it in school or on the streets,mall parking lots and playgrounds.I feel sorry for you guys-keep NOT believing in the anything can happen-and guess what Boozer-it won't

Dude I'm 30 years old. Don't give me that crap. I do believe in my team just as much as anybody else, and I CERTAINLY root for them just as hard as you or anyone else. I'm just realistic enough to know that the team has flaws, MANY of them. The schedule is what is allowing this team to have a fairly successful season. That's the way the NFL goes sometimes, and that is a good thing for us. But seriously, get off your high and mighty horse. Calling out other jets fans and trying to say they are not a "true fan" is the lamest thoing you can do on a MB.

Archived