Jets - Browns Game Preview

Maxman

i think the jets will use the the no-huddle to keep washington on the field and prevent the browns from making substitutions on the d-line. look for the jets to try to throw out of running formations and really try to make washington a non-factor from fatigue.

that's a great point you made FB-with the older fat guys if you can keep them on the field with a couple of those 8 minute drives (that Chad is famous for) you can neutralize them.That could be the key to the game.This game worries me I gotta tell ya-I have bad memories of us playing out there.Bernie Kosar,Vinny Testeverde as a Brown Keenan McCardell-our saving grace could be Frye who has a penchant for making bone-headed plays.Just as long as we don't make him look like Dan Marino we'll be OK

Just remember that the Dawg Pound will be hungry...knowing that this could be one of the few chances the Browns have a for a win...especially at home. Their final home games are Jets, Steelers, Bengals, Chiefs, and Tampa: all of which are loseable and giving them the possibility of going 0-8 at home

With all due respect, the Jets should be even hungrier. With the playoffs a real possibility, they should want to get to 5-3 far more than the Browns should be interested in simply making their season respectable.

And with a bye week coming up, it can only be extra incentive; no way do the Jets want to spend that week off running sprints for Coach Mangini because they lost to his former colleague Romeo Crennell and his Browns. :lol:

i think the jets will use the the no-huddle to keep washington on the field and prevent the browns from making substitutions on the d-line. look for the jets to try to throw out of running formations and really try to make washington a non-factor from fatigue.

This is a great post. You are right though. If Washington needs a breather you can pretty much guarantee that they Jets will not substitute the rest of the drive.

Anyone know how much Washington has been playing (how many snaps)? At his weight and age I can't see him being in the whole time.

Archived