Miami Road Trip

Brenjetsfan

And nobody knows more about that than a long suffering Jets fan. Hey BZ, how were the 70's as a Jets fan? Not 1 winning season for an entire decade. Jeeez. Way to go Jets.

No. I was 5. I became Jets fan when they were 1-15 so it has been all good since then.

The Dolphins, of course, haven't won a game in the post season since 2000, so I understand you wanting to skip a few decades on your trip down memory lane.

Next up: 1972 Dolphins right?

BZ

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. I was 5. I became Jets fan when they were 1-15 so it has been all good since then.

The Dolphins, of course, haven't won a game in the post season since 2000, so I understand you wanting to skip a few decades on your trip down memory lane.

Next up: 1972 Dolphins right?

BZ

Well... Since you brought it up. 1972 Dolphins, only team in NFL HISTORY to go undefeated for an entire season. Yup, while your sorry excuse for a franchise couldnt even eek out 1 winning season the Dolphins went 17-0. Man what a great history.

The 2000's overall have not been that bad. We have been to the playoffs twice, we only had 1 season where we were under .500, we had a leauge leading rusher for a couple years etc... We have also had some unfortunate things happen, but hey... That's football right.

I'll be there! Is there a set tailgate area? Or should I go through 15 pages of this topic to answer my own question? :)

I think the best way in that parking lot Zero is to get some cell numbers because it's impossible to find people there for some reason

If you have an Orange lot pass, you need to get there fairly early if you want to do some tailgating. They have taken a majority of the east orange lot and turned it into a purple pass lot. It's a complete waste of space and causes the orange lot to fill up prematurely. Plus on BZ'S map, on the east lot where the Jets symbol is, thats a $20 cash lot. But, it looks like it will be raining all day Monday anyways, so it hardly even matters.

Seriously all the weathermen down here are calling for it to be $hitty.

Lucky for BZ and his Dolfan wife though, by Tuesday the front will have moved through and it will be perfect South Florida weather 74.

If you have an Orange lot pass, you need to get there fairly early if you want to do some tailgating. They have taken a majority of the east orange lot and turned it into a purple pass lot. It's a complete waste of space and causes the orange lot to fill up prematurely. Plus on BZ'S map, on the east lot where the Jets symbol is, thats a $20 cash lot. But, it looks like it will be raining all day Monday anyways, so it hardly even matters.

Lucky for BZ and his Dolfan wife though, by Tuesday the front will have moved through and it will be perfect South Florida weather 74.

I want to personally thank you for putting the robot Chad avatar back in..it's my favorite..

Merry Xmas CJ.

That and a Jets win and it will be a perfect trip.

BZ

Looking forward to seeing folks in the Camry lot Monday afternoon/evening.

Last year I met BrendaC and GangGreenGirl wandering about.

One note...

It's supposed to rain down here pretty much from now right up til sometime around Monday evening. Then a "cold" front comes through and great weather after that.

Of course, that is 3 days from now so this could change, but depending on the timing, it COULD be a wet tailgate and game. Hopefully not.

Maybe the front comes through early and it's beautiful and in the 60's.

- Charlie in Delray.

PARKING

Please remember that ALL parking gates open at 4:30 p.m.. We encourage you to arrive early to avoid peak traffic flow. Here are some helpful tips:

Arrive early. Avoid the peak time of 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Listen to 790 AM The Ticket's pre-game show for traffic updates

Monitor the Variable Message Signs located by the side of the roads as you get in close proximity to the stadium. The signs will update you on traffic and parking lot closures.

Thank you for your support during this 2006 season. We look forward to seeing you again in 2007. Happy Holidays!

This message was transmitted on behalf of

Miami Dolphins Sales and Marketing

2269 Dan Marino Blvd.,

Miami, FL 33056.

Camry Lot 13 is official? What time are we setting up?

Its official. We are not doing a "tailgate" per say. No grills, hot food, etc. It will be a meeting place for us displaced Jet fan...and Brenda & Joisey of course...LOL

just bring your drink and maybe some snacks. We will have a card table and a few chairs but everyone is pretty much on their own.

we will be there between 5-6...if people get there earlier, get as close to the fence on the grass as you can. If anyone has a flag, bring it and fly it high..

Damn Tom, I was hoping for an Orange Bowl appearance..oh well, Merry Christmas to you also and c-ya next year. Hoping for the Jazz Fest this year. Let me know details when you find them
Should've beat WVU, but we got no calls. JF's looking iffy at best since there's no VIP seats left. NOLA's still on the radar since La Derby is early march, and FQ Fest is mid-April. We'll be in touch, Al. Bring us back a W, Bren & Chris. Jimmy, this begins my retirement from Florida. Let me know next time you're playing up here.

Should've beat WVU, but we got no calls. JF's looking iffy at best since there's no VIP seats left. NOLA's still on the radar since La Derby is early march, and FQ Fest is mid-April. We'll be in touch, Al. Bring us back a W, Bren & Chris. Jimmy, this begins my retirement from Florida. Let me know next time you're playing up here.

Retirement from Fla???

Come on Tom, there will be late season games that don't fall onChristmas with nice cool weather.. NEVER SAY NEVER

We under Tornado warning in Palm Bch County till 5pm...If the weather doesn't improve we will be watching the game at home..keep in touch with the weather outlook boys and girls...

Al, please keep me posted about the weather down there. Really raining bad here. My son and I haven't left yet because of the uncertainty of the weather down there. .

Long ride in the rain! I also may watch at home:character42:

You and Judy have a very Happy Christmas (even in the rain) and a Great New Year!

Peace, Love and Happiness with a Jet win tonite.

Dan

Al, please keep me posted about the weather down there. Really raining bad here. My son and I haven't left yet because of the uncertainty of the weather down there. .

Long ride in the rain! I also may watch at home:character42:

You and Judy have a very Happy Christmas (even in the rain) and a Great New Year!

Peace, Love and Happiness with a Jet win tonite.

Dan

It hasn't rained here in Boca yet but is very overcast. I think we will be going but if it gets bad we are out of there. I know it is worse up by you

Checking the radar it looks like the worse will be mis the south..we can only hope

The entire state of Florida is expecting heavy rain and there are currently tornado warnings around Orlando.

The best resource for the Miami weather is here:

http://weather.herald.com/US/FL/South_Florida.html

If you guys who are traveling to the game feel so inclined, stop by the Finheaven.com tailgate and say 'hello' to the 20 or so members who will be there tonight.

They will be meeting in Camry Zone East 22. Just look for the Dolph-Van and the Finheaven.com banner

Merry Christmas and here's to a great game tonight !

Hi there,

I am up in Delray Beach. My wife and I were supposed to go - but her kids who were supposed to be arriving from San Fran on Saturday - got bumped due to the Denver blizzard. As a result they are finally arriving in MIA tonight so she has to pick them up (inlcuding her new baby grandson!).

That means I have two tickets (Sect 445 Row 20) but I would rather sell/trade them for ONE better one.

If anyone is going to have one decent single tix, please PM me or email me at CFByrne@BellSouth.Net

Thanks, - Charlie

Archived