#2 Michigan @ #1 Ohio State - 3:30pm ABC

The best college football game of the season annually is going to be even better. How can you not love this rivalry, one of the best in all of sports and certainly the best in College Football.

But, a quick note for us as Jets fans. Watch Michigan defensive stud Lamarr Woodley... he has everything you could want in a 3-4 pass rushing OLB. Thomas is a FA at the end of the season and the Jets may not opt to re-sign him due to the sack #'s being low. I personally don't want Thomas back and if my wish comes true, Woodley would be a guy to target. He's 6-2, 268, playing DE now at Michigan but could shine in the 3-4 at OLB. He's not only a pass rusher but he's strong against the run as well.

As a Michigan State fan I despise both teams. As a person who grew up just east of Columbus and right in the heart of Buckeye country I despise the Buckeyes more than any other team in any level of sports. Yes, even more than the Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Raiders, etc. I've had to deal with their dumbass fans my entire life so I want nothing more than for Michigan to come in to the Shoe and stomp on the Buckeye's national title hopes. Of course I then hope Michigan loses in the title game but that is another story.

Sweater boy gets taken to task:

http://www.sportsline.com/print/columns/story/9799793/2

As coach Tressel wins, Tressel's 'Teflon' armor gets stronger Nov. 13, 2006

By Mike Freeman

CBS SportsLine.com National Columnist

Jim Tressel has built quite the football empire. He is poised to win another national championship, his second in Division I. What he does on the sidelines is all that seems to concern people regarding Jim Tressel. (AP)

Fifty years from now, when football historians look back at what Tressel has accomplished at Ohio State, they will conclude he engineered one of the best college football regime ever.

It's impressive.

It is not, however, what impresses me the most about Tressel.

What is most stunning about Tressel is his ability to maneuver through the sordid world of college football. To survive, despite scandals during his tenure at Ohio State and Youngstown State, and emerge completely, thoroughly and unequivocally untouched and unblemished by those troubles.

The hollow point bullets of scandal that sink other mere mortal coaches, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse -- drugs, grade fixing, drunken driving arrests and domestic violence -- deflect off of that Tressel Teflon sweater vest as if Tressel were composed not of sinew and bone but of some impenetrable metallic substance.

He is a perfect example of how winning can armor a coach from anything.

As a Michigan State fan I despise both teams. As a person who grew up just east of Columbus and right in the heart of Buckeye country I despise the Buckeyes more than any other team in any level of sports. Yes, even more than the Pats, Dolphins, Bills, Raiders, etc. I've had to deal with their dumbass fans my entire life so I want nothing more than for Michigan to come in to the Shoe and stomp on the Buckeye's national title hopes. Of course I then hope Michigan loses in the title game but that is another story.

Damn that is exactly what I was going to write. I spent my high school years in Reynoldsburg, a suburb of Columbus, but escaped for college to Penn State.

Damn that is exactly what I was going to write. I spent my high school years in Reynoldsburg, a suburb of Columbus, but escaped for college to Penn State.

Yeah, I grew up in Newark about 30 miles east of the city and had to deal with all of their crap. When they won in 2002 I was pretty much devastated. Not that I liked Miami (sorry Jetcane) but I didn't want to have to listen to all the Buckeye fans proclaim how awesome they are and blah, blah, blah. Hopefully this game will knock them all down a peg or two. I would love it if somehow Michigan just kicked the living crap out of them and they dropped enough in the polls for Wisconsin to pass them and they miss out on a BCS game. I know it probably won't happen, but that is what I will be hoping for this weekend.:box:

When they won in 2002 I was pretty much devastated. Not that I liked Miami (sorry Jetcane) but I didn't want to have to listen to all the Buckeye fans proclaim how awesome they are and blah, blah, blah.

No problemo, justincredible.

I know a lot of people out there dont like the Canes, and Jet fans in general have no love lost for anything that has to do with Miami.

Not all the teams i root for are popular. :Nuts:

Once you get out of New york, there are a LOT of folks who hate anything New Yawk, whether it's the Jets, Yankees, Mets. crime, pollution, liberals, etc. I dont deceive myself, thinking everyone else likes the teams i like, including UMiami.

That 2002 loss was bad, and to think the game simply would have been over and two NCs in a row, until that damn ref threw a LATE, LATE flag on a very questionable PI call. The ref standing right there didnt throw the flag, either, it cvame from the back of the EZ. So, that game is forever tainted, hence Taint U, or Asterisk U- osu*.

But it's not like that was the only huge game the canes ever lost- they lost bowl games to Alabama(92), Arizona(93), penn state(86), ucla(84), tennessee(85), and Nebraska (94).

Yet, I dont hate those teams or their fans. Just because a team beats mine, I dont p1ss on them. And some of you have your reasons for not liking the Canes. But the StuckinOhio osu* fans and that dirty program are beyond any positive feelings on my part. I think i despise them more than the gaytors, if that's possible.

So, Go Big Blue! and FireCoker.com.

:cheers:

Archived