What happened?

4HCrew

It was 49 yards I think (32 yd-line?).

If you have so little confidence in your kicker that you won't even ATTEMPT a 49-yarder or a 52-yarder in a game this close (we punted instead of attempting a 52-yarder when it was still 0-0), then said kicker has to go. It's not like he's burying kickoffs or is automatic from inside his "range" anyway.

It was 49 yards I think (32 yd-line?).

If you have so little confidence in your kicker that you won't even ATTEMPT a 49-yarder or a 52-yarder in a game this close (we punted instead of attempting a 52-yarder when it was still 0-0), then said kicker has to go. It's not like he's burying kickoffs or is automatic from inside his "range" anyway.

you nailed .....SAID KICKER HAS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah it was a basically a 50 yarder. The wind was minimal. So my reaction at the time was if you aren't going to kick the fg there then Nugent should not be on this team. They were going for what a 4th and 7 or so.

If the odds of converting a 4th and 7 against a top defense in a game where you have scored no points -- if those odds are better than a 50 yarder then this guy shouldn't be on the team.

So either they were overcoaching or Nugent is bad. Time will tell either way.

Magini said after the game they liked the play they had called and the false start hurt them. Not for nothing but you can't punt from the 37 with the clock running out. Just give them the game why don't you.

COME ON DON'T YOU KNOW???

NUGENT HAS SUPERHUMAN STRENGTH IN THAT LEG OF HIS.

IN 2 YEARS THE SOB HASN'T HIT THE ENDZONE WITHOUT A 86 MPH TAILWIND NOR IS HE EVEN REMOTELY CONSISTENT FROM THE HIGH 40S AND UP.

WHEN YOUR HEAD COACH, OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR AND SPECIAL TEAMS COACH DON'T WANT U TO ATTEMPT A 49 YARD KICK LATE IN A 10 POINT GAME STICK A FORK IN EM.

GET HIS ASS OUT OF HERE NEXT YEAR.

Yeah it was a basically a 50 yarder. The wind was minimal. So my reaction at the time was if you aren't going to kick the fg there then Nugent should not be on this team. They were going for what a 4th and 7 or so.

If the odds of converting a 4th and 7 against a top defense in a game where you have scored no points -- if those odds are better than a 50 yarder then this guy shouldn't be on the team.

So either they were overcoaching or Nugent is bad. Time will tell either way.

Magini said after the game they liked the play they had called and the false start hurt them. Not for nothing but you can't punt from the 37 with the clock running out. Just give them the game why don't you.

We did the same thing on our 1st drive at the 34 yd line. Granted it was the opening drive but you have to wonder how the staff feels about Nugent.

Colorados kicker, Mason Crosby, has a HUGE leg......I dont know how high he'll go in the draft though.............

I know you did not just say you'd want the Jets to draft a 2nd kicker in 3 years.:eek:

Give Nugent the chance to hit a 50-55 yarder before judgements are made. Coaching staff has no confidence? How can they truely know until he's given the chance to hit one in a game? Exactly, they don't. Cutting Nugent would be moronic and would fit under: Same Ol Dumb**** Jets.

124 is right. How can we say that he can't consistently hit the long ones if we don't let him try. The 50 yarder was into a wind, but the 52 yarder was not. They should have let him attempt it then.

I agree. I was just giving an alternative to all the Nugent haters out there, and I understand where they're coming from, but the guy needs to get some actual chances before you kill him.

Archived