Chad Answers All Doubters

SoFlaJets

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to all the Pennyphilettes out there.

They are still stroking their woody's after the Packers game.

He did just as good as your loverboy Brady did in GB...

Did Brady get all that mud off yet from when the JETS pounded him into his own mud pit of a field yet??? Its about time they got some new turf

Haha one of the toughest venues? With the loss we just gave them, they're 1-5 with 2 shutouts, and we almost gave them a third. Truly a difficult place to play. Chad Pennington has now CLEARLY proven he is better than Matt Leinart, the only QB bad enough to lose to Favre and the Packers at Lambeau. Fortunately, we play the Packers and Texans in the playoffs, so Chad will be fine! Wait, what's that you say? We actually play good defenses in the playoffs? Say it isn't so! That would mean Chad has yet to really prove anything! Oh no, quick, to the Chadinette Handbook!

Do you have doubts about Peyton Manning? He's played in just as many super bowls as Chad has.

In short... Yes

Peyton is a DUD in the big game... remeber when the JETS shut him down? and the PATS over and over....

Career playoff wins

Pennington - 2

P Manning - 3

I would say that Peyton does not go around and brag about that....

Please don't tell me you are trying to compare Brady and PennyBoy as QB's?

Why not? Is Brady so great he is above comparison? By all accounts he is top 2 in the NFL, yet he spit the ball up and into the end zone last week. I guess he gets a pass because he did it against the Lions and not a "top 10 defense" however you Pats fans determine one. If Pennington did that all we'd here is that you can't do that in NFL. Guess what-the best players ever to play the game have had horrible days and made inexcusable plays. So does Pennington. He's not as good as he was this week, but he's not as bad as he was against the Bears either.

Peyton Manning is a choker.

So you want to dump Chad but you're saying that one of the few franchise QB's in the NFL is a choker. Do you realize how hard it is to get a QB who is a franchise QB and is ALSO not going to choke as you put it. You're looking for a QB whos BETTER then peyton manning. Is Chad elite? no. But that doesn't mean he's replaceable easily or that setting the team back 2 years to replace him is worth it.

Why not? Is Brady so great he is above comparison? By all accounts he is top 2 in the NFL, yet he spit the ball up and into the end zone last week. I guess he gets a pass because he did it against the Lions and not a "top 10 defense" however you Pats fans determine one. If Pennington did that all we'd here is that you can't do that in NFL. Guess what-the best players ever to play the game have had horrible days and made inexcusable plays. So does Pennington. He's not as good as he was this week, but he's not as bad as he was against the Bears either.

The problem with the comparison is that while the best players in the league have bad games every once in awhile, they more than make up for it with great games where they carry the team. I don't think Chad is capable of that, so all you really get are the bad games and the above average games to try and balance it out. QB rating is a terrible measure for mediocre days, but it is pretty good at times for the best and worst days. Chad is tied for the league lead in most games with a sub-50 QB rating. Now the problem is where you make the cutoff for good games. Great QBs will balance out the bad games with 300 yard 3 TD days, but Chad is kind of incapable of that. Are Chad's best numbers above average or great? If I was being paid to right up something on that, I'd probably consider that a great topic, but I'm not, and I'm hella lazy, so I'll let other people discuss it.

Btw, madmike, did you know I look at the Jets with green-colored glasses because I think we're better than the Saints? Some guy named Columbia Jet Fan told me so. So you're wrong about me not being a Jet homer. He goes to Columbia maybe. Either that or he's Colombian and didn't know there's an o in the country name. Either way, you should listen to him.

The problem with the comparison is that while the best players in the league have bad games every once in awhile, they more than make up for it with great games where they carry the team. I don't think Chad is capable of that, so all you really get are the bad games and the above average games to try and balance it out. QB rating is a terrible measure for mediocre days, but it is pretty good at times for the best and worst days. Chad is tied for the league lead in most games with a sub-50 QB rating. Now the problem is where you make the cutoff for good games. Great QBs will balance out the bad games with 300 yard 3 TD days, but Chad is kind of incapable of that. Are Chad's best numbers above average or great? If I was being paid to right up something on that, I'd probably consider that a great topic, but I'm not, and I'm hella lazy, so I'll let other people discuss it.

Btw, madmike, did you know I look at the Jets with green-colored glasses because I think we're better than the Saints? Some guy named Columbia Jet Fan told me so. So you're wrong about me not being a Jet homer. He goes to Columbia maybe. Either that or he's Colombian and didn't know there's an o in the country name. Either way, you should listen to him.

I couldn't disagree more. First off, Chad has the most over 90 qb rating games. That's according to CBS last week, so it's hardly an infallible source. This year Chad has had some great games- see week 1 and last week. Personally, I don't want to see great games and bad games. You need an incredible D to make up for the game Grossman had last week. Traditionally Chad has been steady and plays worse against top Ds. Duh, we are supposed to be happier if he sh1t the bed against the Pack and lit up the Bears? Then we'd be the Bengals.

Please don't tell me you are trying to compare Brady and PennyBoy as QB's?

OK now cut the BS and dont pull the whole "how many SB's has he won" that is a team effort and when comparing a single player in his position it is unfair.

Some career #'s

Passer Rating

CP - 89.6

TB - 88.2

Completion %

CP - 65.1

TB - 61.8

Yards per attempt average

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

Those are the 3 things that are averages and arent affected by # of games played and what not, to compare in totals isnt fair since Brady has played in more games.

So can you explain to me why I "cant" compare them when chad beats tom in all three of these?? And wow for a "noodle" arm its crazy to see Brady isnt throwing it any further on average than Chad does...

Based on these stats alone, if both guys were completely healthy and in their prime I would want CP and my QB for one game.

OK now go ahead and spin it but the fact is your QB is less accurate, and does not throw the ball downfield anymore than CP on average....

Not to mention they are still both at about 7YPA again this year and Chad is coming off surgery AGAIN.... face it your noodle arm, bad QB attacks are faceless and have nothing to back them up... unless of course you want to throw your guy under the bus...

OK now cut the BS and dont pull the whole "how many SB's has he won" that is a team effort and when comparing a single player in his position it is unfair.

Some career #'s

Passer Rating

CP - 89.6

TB - 88.2

Completion %

CP - 65.1

TB - 61.8

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

Those are the 3 things that are averages and arent affected by # of games played and what not, to compare in totals isnt fair since Brady has played in more games.

So can you explain to me why I "cant" compare them when chad beats tom in all three of these?? And wow for a "noodle" arm its crazy to see Brady isnt throwing it any further on average than Chad does...

Based on these stats alone, if both guys were completely healthy and in their prime I would want CP and my QB for one game.

OK now go ahead and spin it but the fact is your QB is less accurate, and does not throw the ball downfield anymore than CP on average....

Not to mention they are still both at about 7YPA again this year and Chad is coming off surgery AGAIN.... face it your noodle arm, bad QB attacks are faceless and have nothing to back them up... unless of course you want to throw your guy under the bus...

Nice post. I think you might have shut the troll up for a while...

Haha one of the toughest venues? With the loss we just gave them, they're 1-5 with 2 shutouts, and we almost gave them a third. Truly a difficult place to play. Chad Pennington has now CLEARLY proven he is better than Matt Leinart, the only QB bad enough to lose to Favre and the Packers at Lambeau. Fortunately, we play the Packers and Texans in the playoffs, so Chad will be fine! Wait, what's that you say? We actually play good defenses in the playoffs? Say it isn't so! That would mean Chad has yet to really prove anything! Oh no, quick, to the Chadinette Handbook!

i guess the pats D is garbage cause he whooped that azz in foxborough...

I couldn't disagree more. First off, Chad has the most over 90 qb rating games. That's according to CBS last week, so it's hardly an infallible source. This year Chad has had some great games- see week 1 and last week. Personally, I don't want to see great games and bad games. You need an incredible D to make up for the game Grossman had last week. Traditionally Chad has been steady and plays worse against top Ds. Duh, we are supposed to be happier if he sh1t the bed against the Pack and lit up the Bears? Then we'd be the Bengals.

No he doesn't, he is tied for 3rd. I just saw the stat, I have the game on my hard drive. And aside from that, like I said, where is the cutoff for what a good game is? QB rating is a very bad measure outside of the extremely high and extremely low cutoffs. I don't think 90 is that cutoff, maybe 100 is. A great game is 300 yards 3 TDs with a decent completion percentage usually, not 230 yards 2 TDs and a high completion percentage.

This is where me and you differ. The GB game I don't classify as great, how can a 2 INT game be considered great? Even from a QB Rating standpoint that is below 90, he came in at 88 I believe. I'll say he had 1 GREAT game this season, and 3 TERRIBLE games. He's had maybe 3 or 4 pretty good games, and the remainder have been bad to average.

i guess the pats D is garbage cause he whooped that azz in foxborough...

Ah, see, that's where lowered expectations come into play. 168 yards 1 TD 1 INT 5.1 ypa and about 50% of your passes completed is considered "whooped that azz?" If that is so, you must think JP Losman is great too! You can count on him for something like that every week.

also.... not sure if your one of those "Brady is 1st ballot HOF" patriots fans...

but how is that so when his rating/comp %/ and YPA are all LESS than that of Chad Pennington??? If people got in on total yards alone than Vinny should be in first ballot.... and again, the SB's are great but he wouldnt have won them on the Texans, what your team does as a whole doesnt make you a great player.

Some career #'s

Passer Rating

CP - 89.6

TB - 88.2

Completion %

CP - 65.1

TB - 61.8

CP - 7.25

TB - 7.08

If the stats are so even as you point out, let me ask you one question.

If you asked the 32 GM's of all the NFL teams, which QB they would rather have, Brady or PennyBoy, what do you think the answer would be.

BTW, I'll give you a hint, the final results would be 32-0. ;)

If you asked the 32 GM's of all the NFL teams, which QB they would rather have, Brady or PennyBoy, what do you think the answer would be.

Opinion is subjective, stats are not.Your argument stinks.

Did you miss the part where I admit BRady has played more, obviously they would take him. Fact is for one game, both healthy, Pennington is a better QB on paper. I know it hurts but swallow it and think about it for a while.

Matt Millen would find a way to F up this decision as well.

also.... not sure if your one of those "Brady is 1st ballot HOF" patriots fans...

but how is that so when his rating/comp %/ and YPA are all LESS than that of Chad Pennington???

Now you are really getting annoying.

Brady is an absolute lock for the HOF on the first ballot.

You know why?

He is the only QB in the history of the NFL to win 3 Super Bowls by the time he was 27 years old.

So take your nice PennyBoy "comparison" stats and shove them, they mean nothing.

Until PennyBoy doesn't crap the bed in every big game he has ever played, don't even bother to put him in the same sentence as Tom Brady.

If Peyton Manning wasnt 1 of the 5 greatest regular season QBs to ever play the game you might have a point madmike......

Peyton will end up winning a SB, guaranteed.

I think he will too. I'm just saying that troll seems to have unrealistic standards for judging QB's.

Listen TX... facts are facts and stats are stats

The YPA/Comp%/rating all show Penninton is superior to Brady DEAL WITH IT

Dont pull the BS where you try and switch the focus

YES Brady has won more, done bigger and better things, played more, ect ect

But at the end of the day if they both retired today Pennington is a more accurate passer (comp %) who gets the ball further downfield (YPA) on average than Tom brady with better results (rating)

You really need to stop running into the same wall and figure this out already

You know why?

He is the only QB in the history of the NFL to win 3 Super Bowls by the time he was 27 years old.

So take your nice PennyBoy "comparison" stats and shove them, they mean nothing.

Until PennyBoy doesn't crap the bed in every big game he has ever played, don't even bother to put him in the same sentence as Tom Brady.

Beating Peyton Manning head to head 41-0 is crapping the bed? As far as brady in the hall of fame, he's gonna get in but super bowls are TEAM STATS.

How can anyone make a stats argument while ignoring total yards, TDs and INTs? The fact that Pennington has a better QB rating, ypa and completion % just goes to show you how worthless those stats really are. Any decent football fan knows Brady is clearly the better QB.

You know why?

Dont get angry, I would say the 02' playoff run had some BIG games and shutting out Indy 41-0 is better than you could ever do and we did it in their house...

I SAID DONT BRING THE SB's into this... that is a TEAM effort... would brady be able to claim the same thing if he was on the TEXANS/CARDS/LIONS??? NO!!! So it proves NOTHING about his personal ability but rather that the TEAM as a whole was good.

DEAL WITH IT PENNINGTON IS BETTER ON PAPER FOR ONE GAME THAN BRADY... PERIOD!

Archived