It Doesn't Happen Often

The Troll

I was wrong.

I don't know what IT is, but Vince Young has IT.

I thought he would be a poor man's Michael Vick. He's been starting for half a season and he's already better than Vick, who is in his sixth or seventh year.

My bad. I bow to TX.

You're a good man Troll.

Vince Young is only going to get better and better. ;)

With Dbrick getting owned today and Chad play... I wish we picked Vince...

D'Brick is a good O-lineman. Is Marcus McNeill better? Probably. Are either Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler better than Kellen Clemens? Ofcourse they are

Jets are on the right track. Mangini is an excellent coach and Brian Schottenheimer has worked wonders with Pennington and the offense this year. Hopefully they'll have a better draft this off-season. Don't rule out playoffs this year yet. Next three games are all winnable.

I too will eat crow on him so far. He is playing much better than I expected. He's got a long way to go before he proves his career, but so far I was wrong about him.

Ditto here too, and as I posted earler, I give a lot of credit to Chow, too.

D'Brick is a good O-lineman. Is Marcus McNeill better? Probably. Are either Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler better than Kellen Clemens? Ofcourse they are

Jets are on the right track. Mangini is an excellent coach and Brian Schottenheimer has worked wonders with Pennington and the offense this year. Hopefully they'll have a better draft this off-season. Don't rule out playoffs this year yet. Next three games are all winnable.

Don't say Clemens isn't as good as other QBs before he ever plays a game. He would have been drafted the same time as those two if not for his broken leg.

I was wrong.

I don't know what IT is, but Vince Young has IT.

I thought he would be a poor man's Michael Vick. He's been starting for half a season and he's already better than Vick, who is in his sixth or seventh year.

My bad. I bow to TX.

I got no problem with the D'Brick pick. I'm convinced even after a rough day he still is a great LT and will get better.

I admit though-Young is turning into something special. Micke Vick is black Bobby Douglas with Katie Holmes' herpes scars. He's no Vince Young. The comparison right now is complete horsespit. Young's better right now by a bunch.

Tough choice because of Youngs youth and potential upside.

I'd still have to go with Brady just because of his performance in big games.

You sound like a politician in that response... lol basically making both sides happy...

seriously though, you know you would pick Vince... c'mon!

He was picked 3rd and we had the 4th pick. Are you saying we should have traded up for him?

Could have traded the Clemens pick and our Schlegal and Smith(not Brad) pick...

Would have been worth it, but there are too many variables to knwo for sure

Vince Young may be good, but he ain't Jesus.

That would have been a terrible, terrible trade.

And if Tanenbaum had made that trade you and the entire NY media would have killed him for it.

Me, no.

The media, yes.

I wanted Young, I didnt want Cutler or Leinart.

This offense could use a Vince Young type guy....

Hell maybe we should give Brad Smith a chance at QB!!

And if Tanenbaum had made that trade you and the entire NY media would have killed him for it.

Agreed. The national media says VY is retarded, can't play in the NFL, can only run, etc. You see guys on this board stepping up and admitting they were wrong, but you won't hear that out of the media, ever. D'Brick was the right pick for a first year coach especially in the NY market. After a few more years Mangini will have more respect and more of a range of options on what he can do, but right now he is a bit handcuffed, and has been doing the best he could with the cards he has been dealt.

Vince Young may be good, but he ain't Jesus.

That would have been a terrible, terrible trade.

Do you really think the Titans talent-wise are better than us? I honestly believe if we swapped QBs right now, the Jets would easily make the playoffs, whereas the Titans probably wouldn't win another game.

Do you really think the Titans talent-wise are better than us? I honestly believe if we swapped QBs right now, the Jets would easily make the playoffs, whereas the Titans probably wouldn't win another game.

It takes a team to win a championship.

Besides, you really think we should have traded our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to move up ONE spot in the draft? Come on. We aren't the Vikings.

It takes a team to win a championship.

Besides, you really think we should have traded our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to move up ONE spot in the draft? Come on. We aren't the Vikings.

Nope, but that's not what I said. I've already said my thoughts on the draft, and none of them involve trading up. Overall I'm happy with our draft, but i question the point of drafting Clemens if we don't believe he can be the guy.

It would have taken a lot more than that. The Titans wouldn't have traded to us just for that because they wanted Young for themselves, which means we would have had to trade with NO. No way does that get it done.

He can run all he want vs the likes of the Texans, but that style doesnt win vs playoff caliber defenses. Never has, and never will.

He's got a long road ahead of him in terms of his passing accuracy and decision making. I am not budging on this guy until he wins some playoff games. People said the same thing about Vick, and while Vick is not as good of a passer, he has won some big playoff games, and myself and now most everyone still says he sucks.

He's playing great for a rookie though.

He can run all he want vs the likes of the Texans, but that style doesnt win vs playoff caliber defenses. Never has, and never will.

He's got a long road ahead of him in terms of his passing accuracy and decision making. I am not budging on this guy until he wins some playoff games. People said the same thing about Vick, and while Vick is not as good of a passer, he has won some big playoff games, and myself and now most everyone still says he sucks.

Pennington has won some playoff games.

Does that make him good?

Thank you Mr. QB Appraisal. It was knuckleheads like you who crucified Vince Young and anyone who even suggested the Jets take him with the 4th pick because he didn't do good on some paper test and he didn't do enough jumping jacks in the combine.

But hey, we got Kellen Clemens who's supposedly better than Young, Leinart and Cutler all combined times 10. Good to see Merrill Hoge and Ron Jaworski's predictions about this year's QB class coming true.

Thank you Mr. QB Appraisal. It was knuckleheads like you who crucified Vince Young and anyone who even suggested the Jets take him with the 4th pick because he didn't do good on some paper test and he didn't do enough jumping jacks in the combine.

But hey, we got Kellen Clemens who's supposedly better than Young, Leinart and Cutler all combined times 10. Good to see Merrill Hoge and Ron Jaworski's predictions about this year's QB class coming true.

For once, I am in total agreement with you. I'd even go further, but it's not like it'd do any good.

Kellen Clemens hasn't played a meaningful snap in his career. You have no idea how good he will be. None whatsoever. None of us do. He could end up being better than your darlings VY and Lionheart. Hell, he could end up being better than my man Mr. Cutler. No one has any ****ing clue.

Your agenda against Kellen Clemens is ridiculous. He hasn't even got on the field and you talk about him as if he's Ryan Leaf. Give it a ****ing rest until we see what he can do.

Well, he's basically saying Jaws analysis of him is off. Patrick Ramsey hasn't been given a decent shot in his career, but if you don't analyze him with a lot of upside, obviously you won't be giving him that shot. That is where PeterNorth is. A lot of people had VY analysed really badly too...like you!!! haha, had to get that in Troll.

Anyway, I do question a lot of what Jaws said. In terms of intangibles, I do not think Clemens is better. The height is definitely a concern, he is only about a half inch taller than Bollinger, and we know how that worked out. His arm is maybe a little better than Leinarts, and that probably isn't good enough. He has a tendency to have balls sail on him, and his deep ball is not very good. His strength is supposed to be from the neck up, but if that is the case one questions why he, not Pennington, did not start this season from the beginning. If he's basically a shorter Pennington with more mobility and a better arm, you would think he'd have won the job.

I just do not understand the wisdom of drafting a guy high in day 1 and then not starting him in his first year if you drafted him based on smarts and intangibles. You would think a guy drafted for his intelligence would be expected to advance faster than some retard that scored a 6 on the wonderlic, since football requires so much intelligence at the QB position. If the retard can start from game 5 or whatever it was, you'd think the genius would start from game 1. Or do you guys want to take back all the frankly retarded comments on the wunderlich?

For all intents and purposes, I think Mangini doesn't think Clemens is going to be any good, and probably drafted him as a fail-safe option if Pennington got injured again. He probably expected more for Clemens or projected him to be a career backup. You'd have to think that from gameplanning and shutting Pennington down so often as a defensive coordinator, he'd not have any faith in the guy, or he thought he could overcome those problems. I think it's clear now that Mangini's defensive schemes weren't overly complicated and specialized in stopping Pennington, but that quite frankly most of the NFL can scheme and execute the same way. I really wish I could get in Mangini's head right now and know what he's thinking. I'm sure he has security for at least another 2 years, but this is the NY market, and you never know.

I just do not understand the wisdom of drafting a guy high in day 1 and then not starting him in his first year if you drafted him based on smarts and intangibles. You would think a guy drafted for his intelligence would be expected to advance faster than some retard that scored a 6 on the wonderlic, since football requires so much intelligence at the QB position. If the retard can start from game 5 or whatever it was, you'd think the genius would start from game 1. Or do you guys want to take back all the frankly retarded comments on the wunderlich?

Hey, Vince is only completing 50% of his passes. He may very well still be a retard.;)

I've said this all along since the draft,That if we didn't take vince we would regret it big time , And all i got was posters going off on me saying vince was a retard and a flashy pick ,but I knew this kid would be special .If you have a vince on your team there is always a chance to win the game and that much he has proven. Vince = Baller

Archived